Trouble In Vision

Fallen Haven

Location: Alux 

"You're awake." Jongin says when he sees Kyungsoo open his weary eyes. He removes the the wet towel, he had placed on top of Kyungsoo's head, before he hands a couple of pills to Kyungsoo. "I sneaked into the infarmery and got some pain relievers for you and a healing patch for Monggu. She scraped her leg while we made our way back to the dorms."

 

Kyungsoo sits upright before gulping down the pill. "Is she alright?" 

 

"I hope... Monggu can't tolerate pain." Jongin explains, worriedly as he makes his way towards his beloved dog. "When I first found her-"

 

"Found?" Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow, watching as Jongin places a damp cloth ontop of Monggu's wound. When he finishes, Jongin stands up from his seat and approaches Kyungsoo. 

 

"She was abandoned." Jongin explains, recalling back to the moment he found his Direwolf. "When I saw her, she was bundled up on a bench... She had scars and wounds so I thought she was a stray but she played with me so enthusiacally so I took her in. She needed alot of help... because it turns out that her past household used to beat her. That's why she needs monthly trips to the vet."

 

"I didn't know that."

 

"Well no one does." Jongin replies, before he notices Kyungsoo's wounded arm. "Did you hurt yourself?" 

 

"It's just a little cut." Kyungsoo replies. "Do you have an extra healing patch? Maybe the bleeding will go down if I use one."

 

"Yeah, I brought another one, just in case." Jongin replies, searching inside his bag before he hands the patch to Kyungsoo. "Let me help."

 

"I don't need your-"

 

"Just a little cut, you said." Jongin snorts, before he places the healing patch ontop of Kyungsoo's cut. This causes Kyungsoo to let out a groan once the extremely hot patch is placed ontop of his wound. "You're bleeding too much... If you don't get this checked up on, it'll get infected."

 

"It'll be fine. I'll wait until tomorrow and see what happens." Kyungsoo replies. "What do you think happened today?" 

 

"It was a mere coincidence... that's all."

 

"What if it wanted to attack us?" Kyungsoo questions, causing Jongin to raise an eyebrow.

 

"I don't understand why it would-"

 

"And the egg." Kyungsoo cuts Jongin off. "Why was it so protective over it? What's so important over this egg? And how come I've never seen an egg like that? I'm an Anthenian, I know every type of mytical egg there is..."

 

"So what? You think that this was all done on purpose?" Jongin questions. "For what?"

 

"I don't know." 

 

"Listen, you need to rest." Jongin sighs. "It's the battle game tomorrow and you need to perform your best... You don't want to break the 4th year Aluxian winning streak."

 

-

Location: Antheia

 

"There's something wrong with Lay." Kris announces, as he places his belongings onto the bus. It was the morning of the Battle game, meaning that their trip to Antheia was over. Since the Battlegame would be held at Alux this year, the students had to wake up early in order to get to Alux before noon. 

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"There's something off about him." Kris explains, helping Luhan get his luggage onto the bus. "He wasn't at breakfast... He didn't even say anything this whole morning... He didn't even sleep last night! He came back at 3 doing god knows what!"

 

"Relax. I'll talk to him."

 

After placing their remaining luggages on the bus's storage, Luhan makes his way into the bus. He scans the vehicle in search of Lay and hurridly sits besides him. "Hey, Lay. Mind if I sit here?"

 

Lay simply nods his head, before turning his attention back to the window. 

 

"Is there something wrong?"

 

"No." Lay replies. "Just tired that's all."

 

"Lay." Luhan says in a stern, confident voice. "I'm not stupid. I've been friends with you since elementary school so I notice when something's bothering you. If you don't tell me, then I'll just read your mind-"

 

"It's just..." Lay sighs. "It's just wierd. I've been thinking about the whole night-"

 

Luhan blinks. "What's wierd?" 

 

"Lu, you're gonna think I'm crazy when I say this but... while I was chasing the chicken, I came across this old gnome statue." Lay explains. "Then it suddenly said some really wierd things."

 

"What kind of things?"

 

"Something about a propesy." Lay says, thinking back. "And dark magic."

 

Luhan shakes his head, doubtful. "Lay, that's-"

 

"-crazy. I know." Lay replies, finishing Luhan's sentence. "I know, I should probably stop thinking about it but something just doesn't feel right. I can sense something... and it's wierd."

 

-

Location: Leluya

 

"You're late." 

 

"I know, I overslept." Chanyeol replies, trying to make his way past Baekhyun but fails when Baekhyun yanks him back. "What do you want, Baek?"

 

"Where were you last night, Yeol?" Baekhyun questions, arms crossed. "You didn't think that I realized that you duplicated yourself and snuck out when you had the chance to? I'm not stupid Yeol."

 

"The guys and I had a quick drink-"

 

"You went out to drink? Chanyeol, are you an idiot?" Baekhyun scolds, following Chanyeol's footsteps. "You could've gotten in trouble if they found you! What were you thinking?"

 

"But they didn't."

 

"What about the Battle Game?" Baekhyun questions, still furious over Chanyeol's decision to sneak out in the middle of the night and drunk. "You'res still not sober and everyone's counting on you."

 

"Relax, I'll just drink an Engerx Potion before we leave... I should be fine."

 

"What made you so upset to go drinking?" Baekhyun suddenly questions, feeling somewhat worried over Chanyeol's state. "You normally don't go out to drink anymore. Is something bothering you that you aren't telling me?"

 

"It's nothing."

 

"Yeol, there has to be something..." Baekhyun sighs. "I thought we promised not to keep secrets from each other? That's what bestfriends are supposed to do."

 

"I'm not hiding anything." Chanyeol smiles, ruffling Baekhyun's hair. "But believe me if there's something bothering me, you'd be the first to know."

 

-

The Battle game starts at exactly 2 in the afternoon, but, the teams are supposed to arrive no later than 12 to check in and see whether or not everyone was there. This year, the Battle game is held in Alux, the kingdom in the sky. Once a team had arrived, they were to wait in their designated area and wait paciently for the game to start. None of the teams knew what the stadium looked like this year, but considering that they were in Alux, it was probably going to be exciting and fierce.

 

Team C were the first to arrive, considering the fact that they didn't have to travel far since they stayed in Alux during The Hunting assignment. They dressed in red t-shirts and equipped themselves with armors and weapons. Their mission was to find the 20 red flags hidden inside of the stadium. They tied their red armbands tightly with hopes of winning for another consecutive win.Their stragety was simple. To exert as much force as they possibly can with their weapons. 

 

Team A, who stayed in Antheia, the kingdom in the forest, during the assignment, were the next to arrive. They wore matching olive green t-shirts and tied their green armbands tightly around their arms. Their mission was to find all of the 20 green flags hidden inside the stadium. 

 

The last to arrive was Team B, who stayed in Leluya, the kingdom in the water, during the assignment. They dressed in blue t-shirts and blue armbands. Unlike Team C and Team A, most of the members weren't as competive and didn't care whether they win or not. They knew that in the end the remaining players would be Team A and Team C anyways. But if they did win, Team B wanted to win fair. Their mission was to find the 20 blue flags hidden in the stadium.

 

To accomodate with everyone's powers, the stadium had to include a large body of water for Leluyians, a garden and selected animals for Anthians, and weapons for Aluxians. During the Battle game, everyone was allowed to use their powers but there was a limit set that forbid any violent actions. 

 

"Welcome to this year's Battle Game!" The announcer's voice echoed throughout the stadium. "This battle isn't just a way for us to see how well you perform. It's see how well you perform with others. The rules of the game are simple: grab as much flags as you can, complete the given missions assigned, and remove your opponents armband to elimate them. The game will end if a team has completed their mission or if there is only one team left remaining after time is called. The battle will start in..." 

 

"...3..."

 

"...2..."

 

"...1..."

 

Once the doors opened, students ran towards the stadium with hopes of winning for their teams.


A/N: So which team do you think will win?