Curiosity

Phantasmal Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

|seven;curiosity|

 


Calm down, you thought. You opened your mouth to speak, but fear jolted through every nerve of your body once again and nothing came out.


Talk... Talk! Say something! Why won't anything come out?!


The moon was sitting at its zenith and radiated light through the trees of the forest, and now, you could see the person in front of you clearly... too clearly.


The beautiful, soft black hair that-- as funny as it sounds-- reminded you of your past kitten, hung over the right side of his face. His jaw tightened and his left eye bore right into you, as if he could read everything that was in your mind.


It was him, Hongbin. Of course you would find him at a dangerous scene like this. What was he, the hero? The evil sidekick?


"If you're not going to say anything, I'll start first. You," he said, waving a finger at your face, "are going to go home. Now."


There was a pause. Did he just tell me what to do?


The way he ordered you around pissed you off so much that you weren't even scared anymore, and so you stood up and tilted your head to the side while looking down at him.


"Why should I?" you questioned.


Hongbin silently got up as well and replied, "People like you shouldn't be involved in things like these."


"People like me?" you asked. "Who am I? Do you know me, Lee Hongbin?"


Hongbin blinked a few times, surprised that you somehow knew his name. However, he ignored his feeling of shock and replied,


"I may not know you personally but I have enough human intellect to know that you shouldn't be wandering around here."


You scoffed at the boy's answer. "Human intellect? What, are you saying I don't have--"


You completely stopped your sentence short as screams of terror filled your ears with additional cries for help by Heejin's voice.


Crap, I almost forgot about her, you thought, spinning your head around to the warehouse and getting ready to run to the rescue. That was, until Hongbin suddenly grabbed your shoulders and pinned you to the tree behind you.


The impact of your back hitting the tree knocked the breath out of you, and you desperately gasped for air before waiting a few seconds to recover. And when you did, you finally realized the situation you were in.


"What are you doing?! She needs help!" you cried out as you tried to push the young man in front of you off, completely failing because no matter how many times you hit his chest he didn't move an inch.


"Don't make things worse by going in there," he warned. You glared at him and gritted your teeth.


"Let go," you spat out. The boy shook his head, his hair swaying back and forth as he did so. His grip on you didn't loosen at all. "For the last time, I'm not going to leave someone alone to die while I safely go back home!"


"If you won't go, then I'll carry you," Hongbin replied. You clenched your fists that were now at your sides.


While he waited for your reaction, Hongbin leaned in closer to your face, however, his gaze didn't change one bit as he kept staring into your eyes. Well, one of them at least. The way his eye was shaped, the way his pupil was only a bit darker than his iris creating a perfect combination-- you seemed to have memorized it all from the last time you were captivated by them.


"I'll scream," you whispered threateningly, finding the words to speak.


"Then I'll kiss you," he said, mimicking the way you were talking before as his face was now just inches away from your own. You gulped at his unexpected answer, but quickly realized that there was a bigger problem than some boy playing around with you; someone was going to die soon if you didn't help.


You made eye contact with Hongbin and leaned in closer to fill up the gap between you two taking him by surprise, and then you suddenly raised your hands and pushed the male off of you successfully, since you had caught him off guard.


"HEY, YOU STUPID MURDERER! GUESS WHAT? I CALLED THE POLICE BEFORE I GOT HERE SO YOU BETTER RUN OR ELSE YOU'LL ROT IN PRISON!" you lied, staring at Hongbin the entire time in a mocking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter