Encounter

Phantasmal Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

|three;encounter|

 


You scratched your head as you listened to Aiden who was trying to explain his research to the best of his ability. You aren't an easy one to teach; when someone is trying to explain something to you it's like trying to teach trigonometry to a five year old. But when it comes to finding out things by yourself, you're always faster than anyone else is.


"So what you're saying is," you said, "I'm not actually seeing deaths? What is that supposed to mean?"


"No," Aiden said with a sigh through the phone, "you are indeed seeing deaths mysteriously through that eye. But what I came to conclude from my ten years of research is that you don't see everyone's deaths. The ones that you do see, though, may be related to one another," he explained for the fourth time, putting extra emphasis on the words "everyone's" and "do", to help you get it faster. Your mouth formed a small "o" as you started to understand what he was trying to say.


"I think I get what you're saying," you said, but Aiden could still hear the slight confusion in your voice.


"I'll tell you more when you come to my office," he said through the phone as he held it in between his cheek and his shoulder while his two hands were flipping through his calendar. "I'm free the day after tomorrow."


"Okay, I guess I'll see you then."


"Park Jinhee! We're going to be late for school!" N shouted from downstairs. You groaned before shouting,


"Coming!"


You nearly forgot that you were still on the phone until you heard Aiden chuckle. 


"What?" you asked him.


"How is school? Is it harder than what you normally do? How are the teachers? Any boys that you like?" he asked, showering you with questions.


"School is fine," you replied in a bit of an annoyed voice, implying that he should stop asking you questions.


"Do you talk to anyone else besides the boys?" he asked again.


You thought about it, then answered with a quick, "No."


"If you get scared or anything, stay right next to N, okay?"


You gave a small smile and nodded your head.


"I can't hear your nods, Jinhee," he reminded you, since he knew that often times you would accidentally shake or nod your head when you were on the phone instead of answering with a "yes" or "no".


"Yeah, I got it."


"JINHEE, IT'S SIX THIRTY-FIVE WE'RE SO GONNA BE LATE OH MY G--"


"Alright I'm coming!" you shouted after moving your face away from the phone, interrupting N's loud voice. You put your phone back on your cheek. "I have to go. I'll see you."


"Bye bye~!" Aiden sang his farewell cheerfully. You were already in your uniform and ready to leave so you grabbed your backpack and ran downstairs to the boys, almost falling down in the whole process.

 

 

"Can you wait a bit?" Ravi asked as you and the five boys were walking through the hallway, near the bathrooms. "We have to pee."


You watched as Hyuk squeezed his legs together, squirming around to prevent from "going" in his pants.


"Why would you hold it in for so long?!" you scolded them. "Go, I'll stay out here," you said while pushing the boys into the bathroom. They gladly went in and you stood there, leaning on the wall in between the girl's and boy's bathrooms. A group of girls were walking by, talking about what you assumed was either you or the five boys, since ever since you walked into the school with them almost everything was about the six of you.


However as you listened closely, you could hear that it wasn't about you at all, nor was it about the five boys that were currently relieving themselves in the bathroom behind you.


"He's back this year," one of the girls whispered.


"He must be really smart if he wasn't held back after missing almost half of school last year."


"Whatever you do, stay away from him. I heard he's in a gang, and all he does for a living is beating up other people."


You curiously looked over at the girls who were now standing across from you in the hallway.


"And he has no family or past, either. Nobody knows what he was like before," another girl added, joining into the conversation after staying silent the whole time.


"Such a waste of a pretty face," another said as you finally decided to approach them. Your curiosity, by now, was uncontrollable. The girls were standing in a circle, and you tapped one of them on the shoulder when you got there. The one that you tapped immediately spun around, but got a little startled when she saw your face.


You ignored her shocked gasp and proceeded with your question. "Who are you talking about?"


Hold on, Jinhee, you thought to yourself, why are you so nosy? Why do you care about this stranger that they're talking about? You bit your lip nervously as you waited for an answer.


The female student was slightly annoyed at you, but answered your question anyway.


"Lee Hongbin."


You stared at her round face and parted your lips to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter