Sacrifice

Phantasmal Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

|six;sacrifice|

 


Your heart started beating faster and you felt your head starting to spin when you walked into your AP Calculus class (by yourself) to see Heejin sitting in the front row beside N, kissing up to him by offering him her really nice mechanical pencil.


Today. Abandoned warehouse in the forest near the school, 4 PM.


You closed your eyes and held a hand on your head; your walking slowing down tremendously.


This is why you hated it-- those visions. After you saw one, it was never over with just that. Every day, until the day of the death, you would be reminded where and when it will happen. It was sickening; you could never forget it once you saw one. It was like... as if...


Someone needed you to save them.


And when you wouldn't be able to save them in time, the guilt would just eat you alive.


But it wouldn't be the same as last time, you told yourself, this time, I'm going to do it right.


- a few days ago -


"Hey," you said as you casually plopped down on Aiden's spinning office chair, "what was it you wanted to talk to me about since two days ago?"


"Why are you so eager to know? It seems like the first time you were really interested in this kind of stuff," Aiden replied as he was standing upright with nowhere to sit because his seat was occupied by a certain lazy and inconsiderate girl (aka you).


"Well, I guess... since it's about me, I realized now that I should start caring more about it," you lied. Really, the only reason why you wanted to know so badly was because you thought that any information you could recieve would help you to save her. This time, you were determined to do the right thing.


"Alright," Aiden said with a sigh. "It's hard to explain many times so try to listen carefully."


You nodded your head and felt the urge to start spinning around in the chair but held it in, knowing that it would be a huge distraction. You sat there staring at Aiden, thinking about how you should probably get tested for ADHD sometime soon.


"So I found out many months ago that your eye donor's name is Cha Minjoo. Never really thought much about it, but recently I checked out her background a little bit... you know, just 'cause. I also searched her name up and it turns out, she was in the news sixteen years ago."


"In the news? For what?" you asked, now dismissing all of the distracting thoughts in your head to try and get serious.


"She was murdered by a serial killer that is still on the loose today."


You were silent and rolled yourself closer to Aiden as you waited for him to keep speaking.


"I talked to the police department, couldn't get them to tell me a thing. They were very strict about letting outsiders know what goes on in there."


Ignoring the fact that the police didn't help with the situation, you furrowed your eyebrows as you came up with a conclusion. Aiden looked at you and it seemed like the two of you were thinking the same thing, based on his slow nod.


"Are you telling me that what I see are all connected with Minjoo-sshi's murder?"


"Murderer," Aiden corrected with a nod, "you see gruesome images of deaths, right? Most of them being murders."


"But how do you know they have to do with each other?" you questioned.


"Because, how many deaths have you seen in your whole life?"


You looked up at the ceiling and counted the amount of visions you have seen in your seventeen years of living.


"Five?"


"Exactly. Long ago, we came up with the conclusion that the people whose deaths you haven't seen will die of natural causes. Most people that you looked at didn't show any visions, but tell me, would all of those people die naturally?" Aiden questioned before answering for himself.  "Nearly impossible. The world isn't that peaceful, I tell you."


"So basically, this dead wants me to avenge her death, not caring if it will affect my life or not?"


"Shh! Don't say that!" Aiden shushed you as he slapped a hand on your mouth to keep it closed while he looked around the room nervously. He looked back at you seriously with his hand still on your face.


You stared back at him blankly before Aiden suddenly felt something wet on his hand and released you.


"Ew...! What the... did you just me?!"


"I know that you believe in ghosts and stuff like that, but I don't. Which brings me to the point that I can say dead if I want, it's not like she's going to kill me for it. Besides, she can't kill me, I'm the only one that can help her with this... right?" you asked, ignoring his complaint about what you had just did to his hand.


"Right," Aiden answered with a still disgusted face as he swiftly ripped out a tissue from a Kleenex box to wipe his hand. The room was silent as you were thinking back at the five visions you have had... and Aiden was right in every way. They were all murders. Except for N's vision which you currently didn't want to think about, to try to reduce the amount of confusion. Hey, there's a limit to how much you can think at one time.


You got up from the chair and it spun around behind you as you headed for the door. Then I'll just catch the murderer then, you thought, and I wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter