Backfire

Phantasmal Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


|nine;backfire|

 


Crap, well my plan definitely backfired... you thought in your head as you were sitting down on a chair, your back against Heejin's. Oh, there were some details that were left out-- your arms were tied behind the back of the chair, your legs tied in the front, and your mouth taped shut with some odd-smelling duct tape. Heejin was restricted in her chair as well, except that she was a bit more beat up with bruises and cuts here and there, and you didn't want to question what kinds of things the man did to her.


How did you get in that position? Long story short-- even if you may have been a bit better at fighting than the average high school girl, you were going against a serial killer here. And he tied you down in no less than thirty seconds.


Well, you should have figured: if the police couldn't get him over all these years, how the hell did you expect yourself to be able to?


But regretting the past wasn't something that you had time for at the moment. You needed to escape safely from the present, and someone else's life depended on you as well, which only amplified the pressure.


You glared at the murderer who was currently dozing off while leaning against a wall.


How am I supposed to get out of this--


A tap on your hand interrupted your thoughts and immediately your head spun to look at Heejin because, if it wasn't her, who else would it have been? She turned her head and stared into your eyes as if she was trying to tell you something, but you couldn't exactly tell what it was. Her hands were tied behind her back just like yours, but they were close enough for you to feel.


Heejin slipped a small, cold item into your hand.


Bingo.


You carefully slid the item up so that you were holding what felt like the handle, and started to quickly move it back and forth on the rope that tied your two wrists together. To your surprise, the thick rope started to rip apart strand by strand, slowly relieving your skin from the painful texture.


Come on... almost...


Clank.


The pocket knife was no longer in your hand and was now rolling around on the floor. You watched as the human form of satan that was leaning against the wall started to move around.


...well, .

 

 

N watched the students entering the classroom nervously and frowned when the bell rang, and you didn't even appear in class yet.


Although Jinhee is failing this class and may not care for it, she isn't the type to skip...


His eyebrows furrowed as he bit his lip, worried abo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter