Desperation

Phantasmal Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

|five;desperation|

 


N stood staring at the unconscious you laying in the hospital bed worriedly as Leo was sitting in a chair near the wall, caring deeply about your health but still slightly dozing off, since his part-time job shift ended really late at night the day before. Ravi was sitting in the middle of Hyuk and Ken next to the bed-- Ken being the closest to your body and holding your hand gently. All of the boys were worrying so much and they knew that if you were awake, you would have probably slapped some sense into them saying that you were fine.


But you weren't fine. You haven't woken up for almost twelve hours. There was only one time that this had happened before-- and N was the only one back then to experience it. But still, that time, you didn't faint for this long; you had only been unconscious for about two to three hours.


A soft sigh left N's lips as he kept staring at your face, wondering when you will wake up. Your hair was fallen off of the sides of your face and he looked at your gentle eyes, the way your eyelashes looked even longer when your eyes were closed.


If she wakes up now, N thought, I could probably be the happiest person in the world.


N was scared and afraid; he thought that you might never wake up again. He constantly reminded himself to go beat the out of Aiden after this, since it was his stupid idea to send you off to a public school. But much more than Aiden, he blamed himself. Why was he not there to prevent all of this from happening? Fortunately, you were saved in time but if nobody went to help you, you would have probably been laying there on the cold and dirty bathroom floor, with everyone clueless about your whereabouts.


"Please wake up," N whispered desperately with clenched fists on both sides. Leo looked up tiredly at N, and he definitely didn't fail to notice the dead seriousness in the usually playful boy's shaky voice.


Please.


And as if it were a miracle, right then and there, the boys saw your eyelashes flutter a bit before your eyes opened up slowly.


"J-Jinhee?" Hyuk asked, taken by surprise. Right then, Leo picked up his heavy and tired body from his seat and ran to your side, ignoring his drowsiness at the moment just to see you. All of them took their time to stare at you in wonder, some of them silently thanking God for your safety.


You looked at the seriousness in the boys' faces and it almost made you feel like you were suffocating. It was the way they looked at you; gently, with care, but with worry and fear that they might lose you once again.


"Stop looking at me like that," you croaked in a soft voice when you finally realized that somebody had to break the silence sooner or later.


"A-Are you really awake?" N asked. Maybe this was a dream. Maybe as you were laying in the hospital bed, he dozed off next to you and fell asleep. It could make sense, because N had fallen asleep while standing up a few times before in his life.


"I guess so," you answered with a wanton smile. Suddenly, N reached for your hand and dropped his head down low, his straight, dark-brown hair hanging around his face as his body started to tremble. Leo looked at N with sorrowful eyes and put a comforting hand on his back.


You didn't understand what was going on. Why were they so serious? It's not like it's the first time you've fainted. Come to think of it, how long were you unconscious?


All of your thoughts were dismissed and your mind went blank when you felt a warm teardrop-- no, multiple drops of tears fall onto your pale hand that was currently held by N.


Surprised, you looked at N and then up at Leo who just tilted his head back at you with furrowed eyebrows, not knowing what to say.


N. Cha Hakyeon. The playful, motherly, nagging, heart-of-steel N who has never cried in front of you, ever, was currently breaking down and shedding tears.


Because of you,  a voice in your head blamed yourself.


"I know what you're thinking," Ravi said to interrupt your thoughts. "It's not your fault, we were all just worried, that's why."


"Really?" you asked him.
 

Instead of saying 'yes' as an answer, Ken tightened his grip on your other hand and you looked at him. He didn't speak, oddly, but gave you a sincere, warm smile of relief.


*sniff*


Your eyes averted away from Ken and to the young boy sitting two

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter