One By One

That Spring, That Flower That Grows

WHERE????” demanded JB.

“There! They’re hiding in the thick and tall grass!” exclaimed Mark as he pointed eastward.

“I don’t see anyone there! Maybe you just seeing things.” said Youngjae.

“What?” asked Jackson as he stood by Mark, “Why would you doubt my Mark?! And besides, they are here; I’ve sniffed their scent!”

It seemed as though the situation was becoming contentious. The boys seemed to be divided- all because of BTS. JR and JB knew they had to do something, but they remained still; all they could was hope for a way to return home- only then would things be better.

Then BamBam ran off into the thick grass.

“Why’d he run?” asked Yugyeom.

“I’m not sure, but I ain’t sticking here for nothing!” said Mark. Mark then tugged Jackson’s shirt and nodded into the direction that BamBam went.

They ran as hard as they could. Soon enough, like a domino game, each followed. JB and JR, however, remained pensive.

“What’s the use of catching them? Even if they are here…” sighed JB.

“Ohhh, it’s been too long a day. I gotta say, nothing really matters to me anymore. I just want to go back home.” groaned JR.

The Bracer in JB’s hands rumbled.

“Whaddya want Eric?”
 

“ATTITUDE, Sheeesh!” Eric whined.

“Well, how would you want him to react, stupid? You got us into this mess.” mumbled JR.

Eric continued, “Ahhhh, you kids. I can bring you back home, but you need the Bracers that were stolen by BTS. Their combined powers are the only way to bring you back home, besides visiting all 9 worlds, I mean. It’s an easy way out.”
 

“What?!” the two simultaneously questioned.

“You heard me,” Eric chuckled, “Now go!”

With sweet hope coming upon their hearts like honey, the two got back on their two feet and ran towards their friends. They were not too far off, so they quickly caught up. And when they saw what BamBam was holding in his hands, a grin bloomed on JB’s face.

“I caught one!” said BamBam enthusiastically.

“Yeah, you shoulda seen him, JB.” said Jackson.

“He was like jam on jelly!” cheered Yugyeom.

“It said its name is Taeyhung,” said Mark.

JR scolded BamBam, “You, let him down. He ain’t an animal, you know.”

Bamsies followed through, fearing more rebuking by JR.

JB then got down on his knees as Taehyung began coughing while in fetal position.

“You okay?”

Taehyung was feeble, shaking as he was. It was as if he had been to the end of the world and back.

“I’m cold.” he whimpered.

Youngjae then took off his jacket and placed it over him.

“I got some cookies, you want some?” asked Yugyeom as he retrieved the snack from his pocket.

Taehyung reached for the cookies and a lone tear ran down his eye.

“This reminds me of my friend Kookie,” he groaned.

JB clenched his fist; he was angry at this unfair world.

“They caught us and tortured us with water,” *sniff* sniff*,”They didn’t believe us when we said we came from a different world.”

JB kicked the ground, “PSsst, I knew it! These guys are crooks! They did the same to all of us. If it weren’t for Daniel, well who knows what else we would’ve suffered.”

“And poor J Hope! He cried with much anger and grief as they tortured him!” groaned Taehyung.

“What did they do?” asked JR.

He began shaking in fear, but responded in his shuddering, “They twisted his s until they became like purple grapes.”
 

The seven boys fell to their knees at this terrible news and joined in Taehyung’s affliction as their cry became one that reached into the heavens.

Yet one did not care. “Where’s the rest of you guys???” questioned Eric from the Bracer.

“I’m not sure; we all went into different directions. I was with RapMon, but we got divided after he saw you guys. He said to run for my life, that if you caught me, I’d lose my dreams again.”

“Well, that’s what you get. Man, if only you guys woulda listened to me!”

“Shut up, Eric!” said Jackson as he reached for the Bracer and stuffed deep inside his pocket.

“It’s okay, man,” comforted Mark as he patted Taehyung’s back.

“Thanks, if only you knew why we stole the Bracers,” he sighed, “You can call me V, by the way.”

His comment picked JB’s curiosity, “Why’d you guys steal ‘em?”

V opened his mouth, but then POOF! He disappeared before their very eyes as all that remained was a thick vapor.

“You serious?” JB chuckled as hanged his head down.

“Well, I guess we’re up next, right?” asked BamBam.

“Yeah, any minute now. Eric wasn’t lying. I just hope we don’t get or separated.” joked Yugyeom.
 

JR remarked, “I just hope we don’t end up in some crazy place like this one.”

POOF! Markson disappeared without goodbye.

“Alright, see you guys soon!” Youngjae kidded.

And so each continued their travails, as they disappeared one by one- leaving a blue haze, the color of the sky, where they once sat.