At the End of the Day

That Spring, That Flower That Grows

At the End of the Day

The day had quickly turned a turn for the worst as the seven travelers underwent various hours of waterboarding and interrogation. They so desperately desired to return home- to their home in a different world…

“Hyung, I can't bear it any longer… I’ve already told them various times already that,” `pant` `pant`, “we’re from a whole different universe, but nothing.” panted BamtotheBam.

 

JB looked with worry upon his distraught friend. He knew no great words were able to comfort him. So, instead he put BamBam’s head upon his firm chest and joked with him, “Well, at least this whole ordeal has made us a whole lot younger. We’re practically teenagers again, did you notice?”

BamBam had fallen asleep after the day’s exhaustion. JB eye’s had lost their light. Not only his closest friends, but his newly acquired ones as well, had been submitted to a yoke of great stress and trauma; they had lost the hope of escaping this prison. JR, Yugyeom, Youngjae, and Markson were currently taken out for some more waterboarding. JB was no too far off in terms of drowning- his tender eyes had been flooded with tears of having no way of escape.

Then, loud footsteps were heard coming from the end of the prison hallway. JB swiftly ran to the bars of the cell and demanded freedom. He was in luck, it was the friendly neighborhood officer Daniel who would listen to his voice of distress.

“I’ve heard. that you guys are actually from another dimension. Is that correct?” asked Daniel.

“Yes, but we can’t exactly prove it, you see. The ‘fake’ moneys you took from us is actually the currency we use in our world.” answered JB with much hope.

“Hmmm, maybe I’ll cut you guys some slack. I mean if you’re willing to come up with such an elaborate story, and all of you guys seem to agree on this story, well- I’ll believe you. I mean, when I was in the botanical business, I too used to frequent different planets and stuff… But that was wrong, only a farce that had its delight last but a moment.”

“Where are you going with this, you gonna let us out?”

“Yeah, I guess boys will be boys. You shoulda told me earlier though…”

JB locked his eyes on Daniel and kissed his cheek with much gratefulness; they would soon escape their .

“We have to wait for your buddies to come back, cowboy.”
“Yes, of course!”

It was a few hours later when the boys had returned altogether from their torture. JB told them of their soon deliverance and they regained their smiles. Daniel came again, but not empty-handed. He held up a bag full of the needed instruments for their escape: several bottles of toothpaste.

Daniel coughed and then said, “One of you is gonna put this all over his face and fake an epileptic attack. Trust me it works, it worked wonders for me when I got myself out being arrested!”

BamBam’s hair color had changed from platinum blonde to a rich pearl color, and he insisted “Let me do it!”

They consented to the young one’s request and he was given the materials. BamBam quickly assumed his role, filling up his face with the Crest toothpaste and began screaming and throwing fits. Daniel quickly ran away to prevent any claim of his involvement in this case and soon enough several officers filled the cell and took the boys out for medical examinations, thinking they had somehow been infected with rabies. It was at that destined instance that they pulled and pulled and fled the hands of their captors.

“Don’t look back!” exclaimed JR.

“Yes, keep on running friends! Freedom is only a distance away!” cried out Markson.

They ran what seemed miles without ceasing. Their captors, the secret police, had abandoned the chase after seeing the sun rise in the horizon. Indeed, the sun had again lifted its countenance after being veiled for so long. Finding a pasture filled with greenery and peace, the seven boys rested and laughed.

“Whoah, that was quite an adventure we just had.” said Yugyeom.

“I know.” said Youngjae.

Then Mark began fiddling with his Bracer, and after hitting it some, a bright light came from it.

A voice was heard from the device, “You guys there?”

“It’s Eric!” said Mark.

JB and JR swiftly took the Bracer from Mark’s wrist and cried out to Eric, “Eric! What were you doing! We were taken as prisoners and submitted to hours of torture!”
 

“You know how it feels to have buckets of water thrown on you continuously?!” questioned JR in his anger.

Eric answered, saying “Uhm, yes, yes I do. And what was I doing? I was trying to contact to contact you guys, but I never got a response! Did you guys leave the Bracers off or something? You have to hit it to turn on back on after dimension-diving, you know.”
 

“Whaaaaat?” they questioned.

“Okay, I guess it is my fault… My bad I didn’t tell you guys. But at least you’re safe and sound, right? And you guys look much younger too, practically teenagers!”

“Get us outta here!” they cried.

“Orz. I can’t do that, but the 24 hours are almost up. Wait until then, only a few minutes left I think… I’m pretty sure it’s going to be noon for you guys there soon, so yeah, within minutes. Anyways, did you guys find the BTS boys”

JB sighed, “NO, no we haven’t.”

“Wait, not so quick,” said Jackson. “I smell them…They’re near.”

Mark stood up from where he was lying and gazed over the land.

“He’s right! I think I found a wild Rapmonster!”