Tragedy, Because So Far All Chapters Begin with the Letter T

Dark Horse

One night, Yoongi and Namjoon were wide awake, perusing Jungkook's poetry. They hoped to perhaps use the maknae's verses and rhymes in a song or two. But, they shuddered and shivered, because his words were so dark and depressing that they almost prayed to be dragged down to Hell. 

Black

The color of nothingness

An empty void never to be filled

Oblivion

Trapped forever in the shadows of regret

Crying for help but no one hears

Death

A peaceful escape from misery

Free from the the chains of society

Black

Black is all I see

Yoongi shook his head sadly, while Namjoon lowered the brim of his cap in defeat. For the first time ever, Yoongi's eyes began to water. He sniffled loudly as Namjoon discreetly snapped a photo of the moment for blackmail purposes. Their innocent maknae was gone, and he was struggling to cope with the transition to adulthood. As a band of seven brothers, they had to help him through it.

Jungkook was up early the next morning, so the two rappers took this opportunity to confront him and talk it out. Though they knew that he wouldn't try to escape or even move, they put him in a straitjacket just in case.

"Jungkook," Namjoon began in his deep, booming voice. "Look, I know I told you about the birds and the bees, and I know that you're whole worldview has changed. I just want you to know that I, Yoongi, and the others will be there for you like the good hyungs we are. You're at the age where everything around you seems to be changing. But hey, no matter what, we still love you."

Jungkook's lips parted, his eyes wide and threatening to tear up. "H-hyung..."

"Shh..." Namjoon pressed a finger to the boy's lips. "It's okay. It's okay."

"I–" Jungkook couldn't hold it in anymore, sobbing hysterically in his straitjacket. "It's just so hard being a teenager. I hate it all."

Jimin suddenly appeared in the room, a wide grin on his face. He was about to make a bad pun, and they all knew it.

"Guess you could say that you're having a hormone war." He vanished as quickly as he appeared.

The three collectively groaned. 

"Every time he does that, I lose three eyebrow hairs." Jungkook sighed as he watched exactly three hairs fall off his face and onto his lap. "Anyway, I guess I'll be okay for now. I'm going to sleep."

"In a straitjacket?" Yoongi asked.

"Yeah." And then Jungkook was gone.

Hoseok grabbed the newspaper off the kitchen table and gasped at the cover story. 

There was a shark attack last night.

He sped toward the beach, praying that Left Shark was alright. Left Shark was not in his usual spot, waiting for him. Hoseok's heart sank as he frantically made his way to the pier. There he was, his back facing the end of the pier. Hoseok sighed in relief, glad that Left Shark was still alive.

"I... read the... news," He said between pants. "What are you going to do now? They'll find you and kill you!"

"I... I really don't know..." Left Shark answered. "I haven't been feeling like myself lately... I think I'm sick."

Hoseok pressed a hoof to Left Shark's head. "Yeah, you're totally burning up."

"That would explain why I felt so out of it last night." Left Shark finally turned around to face Hoseok, shaking his head.

Hoseok gasped at the sight of his beloved's face. It was a ghostly pale, and his eyes were dulled and glassy. His lips were chapped and splitting, even bleeding in a few places. He breathed weakly, struggling to perform basic life functions. It was dreadful to watch.

"We have to get you to a doctor!" Hoseok cried, holding Left Shark's face. 

"I can't." He replied. "If they see me, I'm dead."

"Why?! I don't understand! Why you? I don't want to lose you, Leftie!"

"Hoseok, do you know why I am here?"

"W-why?"

"I would have proposed to you here. You know, to marry me and such." 

"Leftie–"

"Hush. I love you, Hoseok. Never, ever forget that."

Left Shark closed his eyes slowly, never to open them again. Hoseok burst into tears as he cradled his dead lover in his arms. Everything had happened so fast that he couldn't believe that Left Shark was gone. Reluctantly, Hoseok parted from him, letting his body drift away with the ocean current.

Siwon slowly approached the crying horse in front of him. Hoseok ignored his presence for a while, a mixture of anger and grief coursing through his veins.

"Isn't this what you wanted?" He asked bitterly, still facing the sea.

"No. I just wanted you to be happy." Siwon replied, his voice soft. "I'm sorry for your loss. Actually, I'm sorry about all of this. I know you probably hate me, but can we just start over? As friends?"

"Choi Siwon," Hoseok changed his position to gaze into the elder stallion's eyes. "You were wrong in some ways, but right in others. I suppose I can forgive you, because looking back, you meant well. I accept."

Siwon smiled warmly. For once, he felt like it would be okay.

Gradually, things went back to normal. Jungkook had perked up again and was back to his energetic self. The boys celebrated by throwing his emo poems in the fireplace. Hoseok's sunny personality had returned. Taehyung and Seokjin were still very much in love, but whatever. Jimin was still cracking terrible jokes, Yoongi was sleeping on the couch, and Namjoon learned how to spit fire. And no, I don't mean rhymes–I mean literal fire. As usual, he destroyed something... the entire dorm.

Only Taehyung was brave enough to wake up Yoongi. At first, the rapper was pissed, but he got over it after choking on smoke. The Chariots of Fire theme played in Taehyung's head as he carried Yoongi bridal-style to safety.

Seokjin sprinted over to Taehyung, holding him in a tight embrace. "I'm so glad you're not hurt." 

To celebrate, they took a group selfie in front of the burning building.

Siwon favorited and retweeted it, even reposting it on his Instagram. ELFs began to gossip about his sudden fanboying for Bangtan, but nothing more came out of it. He was even kind enough to let them stay in his penthouse overlooking Seoul. As a form of thanks, Hoseok took a selfie with Siwon and posted it to Bangtan's official Twitter.

Even if Hoseok didn't return Siwon's feelings, it didn't matter. Being friends was much better than being enemies.