Thirsty Thursday

Dark Horse

It was Thursday. For many, it was Throwback Thursday, or #tbt. But for Hoseok, it was Thirsty Thursday. His only desire was to see Left Shark again so that he could fulfill his needs. Think dirty. That's right, those kinds of needs. 

Taehyung and Seokjin were enthusiastically celebrating Thirsty Thursday. Hell, every day was Thirsty Thursday to them. And TaeJin shippers went cray-cray. Of course, that didn't necessarily mean that their fanfiction was well-written. Yoongi narrowed his eyes, perplexed at some of his fans' utter stupidity and lack of understanding of the human anatomy. He cried inside when he read, "Seokjin's hands gripped Taehyung's shoulders tightly, his other, free hand groping toward the younger's rear end." Just how many hands did Seokjin have? Was he an octopus in disguise? A Communist? JYP?

Yoongi shut his laptop, his soul drained of the last bits of faith he had in humanity. He was going to pull a Henry David Thoreau and hide away in a cabin in the woods.

Jungkook, meanwhile, was sitting on the couch in complete silence, his black hood concealing the despair in his eyes. Yeah, he was wearing black, not red. All of the members took this as a huge blow, since Jungkook always made an effort to integrate red into his daily attire. The maknae stared listlessly at the television, which was off, his face solemn and distant. His arms drooped into the cushions by his hips as he sat there, playing Pierce the Veil in his mind. Namjoon especially yearned for the former, innocent Jungkook that he once knew and adored. Jungkook was dead inside, and it was all his fault. 

"Kookie," Jimin said sweetly. "Please come back to me. I love you."

"I love in the eyeball." He shot back, a bitter undertone present in his otherwise emotionless voice.

Jimin swiftly left the room, leaving Jungkook alone in his own thoughts once again.

" ..." He muttered repeatedly to himself.

To escape the drama, Hoseok went to the beach. Even before meeting Left Shark, the beach was one of his favorite places to visit. The sound of the crashing waves and the feeling of sand beneath his hooves was calming and nearly therapeutic to him. As he had expected, Left Shark was there, waiting. Hoseok trotted into the water, holding his lover in a tight embrace. 

"I missed you so much." He murmured. "I'm sorry I couldn't come back sooner. Our schedule has been hectic lately."

"It's okay, I understand." Left Shark replied, a smile spreading across his face. "As long as you still love me, that's all I need."

Hoseok's voice dropped a few octaves, becoming huskier and more suggestive. "You know, it's Thirsty Thursday. Guess what that means?"

"Oh," Left Shark smirked playfully. "You don't have to tell me." 

"Are you ready?"

"More than ever."

Hoseok pressed his lips to Left Shark's. Since he was all cartilage, the kiss hurt a bit and was a bit rougher than expected. But since they had an interspecies romance, sacrifices had to be expected. It wasn't a huge deal, though. Hoseok deepened the kiss without a problem, quickly becoming more passionate and heated.

Siwon watched in horror, tears threatening to fall from his eyes. He didn't want this to happen. It couldn't happen. It was impossible; it would never work. He broke into a canter and began to scream, surprising the couple in the water.

"NO!" He whinnied.

"S-Siwon hyung?" Hoseok broke apart from Left Shark, blinking in confusion while blushing in embarrassment. "What's wrong?"

"Hoseok, I..." He took a deep breath. "I love you."

"I had no idea." Hoseok's face fell. "I'm really sorry, but I love someone else."

"I know." Siwon sighed dejectedly. "But it's not going to work out! Can't you see that? You guys can't be together!"

"Why are you trying to dictate my life?" Hoseok challenged, irritated. "I can love whoever I want, and if you did truly love me, you would want me to be happy. And I'm happy with Left Shark."

"I do want you to be happy, believe me." Siwon insisted. "But this is not it. Look at yourself, then look back at Left Shark. You live on land, and he lives in the sea. Sure, you can interact with him just fine, but you can never truly live together. This romance will just end with broken hearts. Please, Hoseok. You have to understand the consequences. Your love is impossible."

Hoseok's face flushed a deeper red due to anger. "How dare you. I respected you as a hyung and admired you as a fellow musician, but it turns out that you're just a big jerk. I'm extremely disappointed."

"Hoseok–"

"No." He shook his head. "It would be best if you'd go."

Sadly, Siwon turned around, his head hanging low. He couldn't believe what he had just done. The love of his life hated him now. He would never be able to get over this. He couldn't hold back anymore. His eyes became wet as he began to cry. He sniffled as he returned to Super Junior's dorm, his footsteps heavy and slow.

Despite Siwon's warnings, Hoseok and Left Shark were determined to make their relationship work. They were successful thus far. When Hoseok was too busy on some days, they would FaceTime during his breaks. But not everyone approved, including Siwon (obviously) and some ARMYs. 

An American fan who went by the Tumblr URL Park-Koeun, despite being 75% Irish, 10% Welsh, 10% French, and 5% Cherokee, posted about the dating scandal for weeks on end. She lost about fifty of her fifty one followers.

No... She typed. I can't. I just can't accept this... My Hope, my Hoseok, my Hobi, my love... in a relationship... I'm devastated. He has countless gorgeous fans and six other megafoxyawesomehot bandmates, and he falls in love with a shark. I'm not one to try to tell others how to live their lives, but he shouldn't be with a shark. The shark is a . A . And he should die. J-Hope should know better. It's just my opinion.

And thus, a fandom shipping war began.

The embarrassing-as- Italian fan who really didn't know Korean (she wasn't even an ARMY either) fired some shots at Park-Koeun.

Yah, who are you to call oppa a pabo for saranging someone who isn't you??? You're just butthurt???? you. Oppa can sarang any namja or yeoja that he wants.

Bangtan was struggling to handle the scandal. Jungkook, however, was not. He didn't care. He felt nothing anymore. He was so numb inside, and everything felt so cold and empty. Everything he saw was dark and gray. Everything he smelled reeked of death and loneliness. Everything he heard was a cacophony. Life seemed like hell to him. Death seemed like heaven.

He opened the window, punching out the bug screen and lifting his leg onto the windowsill.

"What are you doing?" Jimin asked, alarmed.

"Jumping to my death," He answered dully. "I have nothing to live for anymore."

"We're on the ground floor."

"If I were a baby or a small child, I could be gravely injured."

"You are a seventeen year-old man-child." Jimin shrugged. "You will definitely live and get a sprained wrist or ankle at most."

"Crap."

Jimin flinched at Jungkook's usage of mild profanity. He missed the old Jungkook, the Jungkook that was cheerful and determined. The Jungkook that trolled his hyungs and adored his fans. The Jungkook that wore red. But Jungkook was broken and gone. Jimin needed to pick up the pieces and put him back together again.

As the scandal escalated, Hoseok became unable to see Left Shark. Angry fangirls blocked the way to the beach and even the entrance to the dorm's building so that he could not leave. It was a lockdown, and he was slowly going crazy. Thoughts floated about in his brain that would have never surfaced before. Maybe Siwon was right. Maybe starting a relationship with Left Shark was a bad idea. 

For the first time, Hoseok began to regret his life choices.