I'm Your Other Half

I GOT A STRANGER

I GOT A STRANGER

CHAPTER 3 : I'm Your Other Half

***old warning(s) still applies, refer foreword

#############

 

 

Jinyoung tiptoed and put her chin on a handsome shoulder.

The shoulder’s owner ignores her and continues to check himself in the mirror.

“Just the heaven why you are so tall anyway?” Jinyoung still not remove from her earlier position.

The said person just smiles and continues styling his hair.

“I’m serious okay? Though it’s the 1936431289674th times I asked this to you”.

“jinyoung ah, remove your chin please or else you’ll look like my dangling earings.”

“tsk,..mean~.” jinyoung remove her chin and stand beside the taller person.

“Well, I’m the better version of you, remember?” Yugyeom laughs.

“yah~! This kid. I’m gonna cut that mouth of yours. Don’t forget I’m older than you okay. Please.do.respect” jinyoung huffs acting like she’s angry.

“yeah, you are older than me…BY TWO MINUTES.”

Jinyoung rolls her eyes and huffed again.

Yugyeom, is Jinyoung ONE and ONLY sibling. He is her younger twin brother. Fraternal that is. Everything about them is different. Height, built, looks, well maybe the smiley eyes and plumps lips are the same? Maybe by 48% IF you can count that as similarity... Their likings are different too, ever since they’re small. It resorts to having different hobbies and interest. While Jinyoung studied finance, Yugyeom hates anything that has to do with calculation that much. So he ended up in Physical Education and Sports dept. With his built, it just make sense Jinyoung thought.

Yugyeom is like her evil side or a devil at most times. He loves to annoy Jinyoung TOO much and such a rebel at times too. But, he is also her angel that Jinyoung can count on. Yugyeom is actually an over protective brother but Yugyeom himself doesn’t realized it. Jinyoung love it nonetheless. He is after all, Jinyoung’s other half.

Watching Jinyoung face, Yugyeom laughed again and suddenly point to his hair.

“What?” Jinyoung raises her eyebrows.

“Fix it for me.”

“It looks okay, really!“

“I don’t care, palli~.”

“aishhhh”. Yugyeom, as mature as his height looked, he is a very…makes that VERY spoiled kid. Mostly, only, towards Jinyoung. Not even that much to their parents. Odd? Nope.

“Let see..” Jinyoung bites her lips that jutted out a bit from her lips and stands in front of Yugyeom and “fix” her brother’s ‘mushroom’ hair.

“Okay…looks fine to me now.”

Yugyeom look into the mirror and smile.

Jinyoung really believes she does only like 0.01% different from before. Jinyoung shakes her head.

“You know..” Jinyoung continues. “I don’t understand-“ Jinyoung put her palms under Yugyeom’s chin “-that till here, you have like cute concept and-“ Jinyoung then put her fingers on Yugyeom knee “-down till here is cool concept. Do you even know how to style yourself?”

Yugyeom had himself a fluffy mushroom hair. Wearing a black tank top paired with a fitted jean. Boy his brother sure looks good. Well, it’s HER brother. OBVIOUSLY. Oh no she’ll not praise him even if the earth eat her.  

“I’m just dynamic.” Yugyeom said cockily.

“pfffft” Jinyoung rolls her eyes again. “Yah, where are you going actually?”

“It’s Thursday remember?”

“oh..ah yeah…” Jinyoung forgot.

Thursday, is Yugyeom boxing day. Sometimes he goes to the boxing centre on weekends too, if there’s no family plan aka Jinyoung plan. But Thursday is a must. Yugyeom start joining his university’s boxing team back in study days. And apparently, Yugyeom started to like boxing more than just a club activities, so he join an independent boxing club back in Seoul and he just recently found a nice boxing centre here in LA. He has yet to join any clubs here, saying want to get to know more people first and to know what it’s like here in LA.

And now he looks even more buff. But it’s all good for Jinyoung, so she can just claim she has a ‘bodyguard’.

“My dear brother..” Yugyeom looked at Jinyoung, he knows she gonna say something weird.

“looking at you….sudden interest with your appearance and all…do you happen to get yourself a LA girl??” Jinyoung gap faking a shocked expression.

Yugyeom squinted his eyes.

“No…I do not~” both of them sit on Yugyeom’s bed now. “besides, if I have, I most probably told you already.”

“most probably is not a trustworthy impression ya know.” Jinyoung raise an eye brow.

Yugyeom laugh at his sister witty comment. But honestly, the possibility is like 90% he will tell her..except that he really doesn’t have anyone special right now.

“Stop about me and my non existing girlfriend. What do you gonna do about Mark?”

Jinyoung exhaled loudly and lay on her back on the bed. Just mentioning the name “Mark” already make her exhausted.

“I really don’t know Gyeom, I told you the story from our last meeting right? He’s not interested in me or our engagement as much as I am.”

“you wanna call this engagement off?”

“Thank you for reading my mind gyeommie. But-“

“But you don’t have the heart to tell omma and appa because you are the ever so filial daughter.”

Jinyoung sighed again

“you know, if Mark wanna call this thing off, be my guess, but I’m not going to be the ONE that telling the parents you know.”

“So is this a battle of endurance then?”

“NO! …well I hope not. Oh god, please NO. I mean.. well the way we progress right now? This engagement might be off sooner than later.”

“Really? he doesn’t call you after the dinner?” Yugyeom looked at Jinyoung.

“Nope”

“Texts?”

“Zero”

“Letters?”

Jinyoung glares. “yah, pabo ya? We are in the same city~! Why would he do that..?”

Yugyeom laughed again. So fun teasing his sister.

“Well, ya know, maybe if you just leave it as it is, then maybe the parents will call this thing off themselves.”

“ooh yeah that will be very nice please~!” Jinyoung clasps her hands praying.

“but it’s a pity, Mr Tuan and family is really nice no? I really like Joey.”

“yeah, I had to admit it, Mr and Mrs Tuan are really nice, all of their children too…except Mark. His sisters..there are all so sweet and warm. Ah..how good it is to have older sisters…”

Jinyoung day dreamed because she always wanted older siblings. It makes her heart so overwhelmed just by thinking of it.

“You know our graduation gifts from the Tuan’s?”

“Yeah, oh I love it.”

“Of course you love it, it’s the latest version of PlayStation”. Jinyoung said.

“Yeah we had so much fun play together.”

“Together?”

“Over the internet of course~!”

“Oh... And you know my gift? The small card said “From: Mark” right? I can bet on my pretty lips that it’s Mr Tuan who bought it really.”

Jinyoung chuckles unbelievingly.

Yugyeom stands up “I don’t think your lips are that pretty.”

Jinyoung stomps on Yugyeom feet.

“yah! Do you really have to do that??” Yugyeom hissed but laughing at the same time as Jinyoung make an annoyed face about his comment earlier.

“Well gottta go sis, see you later okay.” Gyeom lifted up his backpack and sling it over his shoulder.

 

####

 

Mark

 

It’s been few months since “the dinner”. Both Mark and Jinyoung (and Yugyeom of course) graduated from their respective universities with excellent GPA’s. Mark just started his doctor-duty at a well-established hospital in LA and Jinyoung now is a lecturer in a local college while pursuing her masters at the same time.

Considering both of them are quite busy with their ‘own’ life now, papa Tuan calls Mark to the reading room one evening. Mark had just finished his 12 hours shift at the hospital. Tomorrow is his day off.

“Mark, how’s work going on?”

“All good dad. Tired is just normal of course” Mark leaned in the couch more. He’s just so tired right now; he thought he’ll just sleep throughout the whole day tomorrow. Oh heaven yes.

“I see, good to know that. How’s jinyoung?” papa Tuan asked directly.

“What about Jinyoung?”

“well, I mean how is she? Did you get to know her better, what’s she’s like and all. It been few months right?”

To be honest, papa Tuan can feel that Mark and Jinyoung hasn’t been in contact at all since the dinner. Well he’s not sure, but since mark is forced into this, most likely his guts is true. So he purposedly asked this to see how mark reacts.

Mark closed his eyes and keeps his silent for few minutes.

Papa Tuan just let him be but at the same time looking at Mark calmly.

“I honestly don’t know dad, I’m sorry.”

Mark aimed for that “I’m sorry” to give meanings like : I’m sorry dad, I don’t want any of this, I’m sorry dad, I don’t wanna know, I’m sorry I just want to get out from all of this.

Which, he doubt his dad can read his mind right now.

Papa Tuan nodded. He’s right after all. He also noticed Mark didn’t wear his engagement ring.

“Did you contact her at all?”

“Nope.” Mark replied calmly. No use of pretending or feel guilty after all since he doesn’t feel that way.

Papa Tuan knows better than to press into the matter further. Mark is tired after all and most probably not in the best state to discuss it. However, to back off this arrangement that he’s so happily made with his old best friend, is out of the question. Not even in a million years. He somewhat can feel that this engagement is the best decision he ever made, call it father’s instinct. If Mark and Jinyoung don’t want to make any effort towards it, then papa Tuan don’t mind if he’s in this battle alone. He will make it happen. Mark and Jinyoung must get along together, fall in love, and must get married when the time comes.

Yes, marriage.

“Please keep in touch with her when you have time son, Jinyoung is your fiancé after all…” before Mark could reply anything papa Tuan continues, “well then, good night, sleep early, you are tired after all.”

Mark stand up from his seat, “good night dad.”

Yes I am tired of this. Mark walked out from the reading room and marches towards his own room.

Papa Tuan just looked at Mark retreating ‘lifeless’ back. He has come up with a plan; he will discuss it with mama Tuan later.

I’m sorry son, but this is for your own good.

 

@~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>>>>>>>

A/N : aloha readers, sorry this update kinda late and short. is it short? ._. To my subscribers thank you for subscribing, to my upvoters, THANK YOU!,@_@ to silent readers, thank you too :) ㅋㅋ but do comments if you have time. I know this girl!jinyoung issue seems not going to dissapear just like that, so to new readers, please read my "author's message" in the chapter listing before you rants or feels like want to kill me for make girl-jinyoung, it's fanfic after all ;;;

One of the many reasons I'm late is that, i've been writing the later chapters for this story, i think it's chapter 8-9..my brain wont tolerate with me and wont let me organize my ideas sequently asdkfhskg. but anyhow, i feel so accomplished right now lol, cuz yesterday, i updated my other fic , and today this fic. But to tell you, I'm writing the next chapter and hope to finish it in few hours and will post it by today (the quickest, or else maybe tomorrow).

Replies : you guys who commented...just why are you guys so cute anyways? /cry

annabelle7 : hmm I appoint you as my unofficial mind reader from now on. lol. a part of your comment is true (i wont tell which one) it's like a sneak peak of later chapters lol.

darkshoumy: oh, hey chingu~! nice to know in this fandom still hv people around my age. well, luckily i can still call teuk oppa, heechul oppa,..and.. OK! I should stop with this age thingy LOL. glad you like the cuteness between gyeom-jinyoung, it's my fav part in writing this actually :)