It's Absurd

I GOT A STRANGER

A/N :  *youngjae voice* Hello everyone! :D 안녕하세요 ~ .. Finally, I'm able to update! Sorry it's kinda late....(but it's only few days since I posted this ff right? Before I start to blabber any longer, I dedicate this double update to krazymonster94 , my 1st upvoter. wow, thanks! 하하하. (more A/N at the end of this updates) to my beloved subscribers, thank you, to all, Happy reading!

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Mark plops himself on the bed and huffed.

The bathroom’s door open and reveal a figure drying his hair.

“Okay… last time I checked your room is next door”.

Mark looks at his brother and rolls his eyes.

“Okay….what’s wrong?” Joey knows that look, something off with Mark’s face and look so stoned, clearly, something makes Mark angry…or at least disturbing him.

“Have your heard?” Mark look at Joey.

“Heard what?”.

“Mom and dad set me on an engagement”. Mark massages his temple.

“Really? Oh wow,that’s new…and kinda crazy”. Joey walks out from the bathroom towards his wardrobe.

“THANK YOU, at least I’m not the only one who thought it that way”.

“..but understandable” Joey adds while rummaging his wardrobe to find something to wear.

Mark chokes. “Understandable? How is it got me engage with a stranger is understandable?” Mark propped up on his elbow and lean his body sideways.

“Well, you are in your final year, and you haven’t had any girlfriends since…“ Joey pauses a bit while remembering his brother bad memories and continues “…well since quite long ago, so maybe that’s why mom and dad set you up”.

“Joey,I’m still young okay? I’m not 30 or something. I can find my own girlfriend thanks”.

“Well I doubt that”. Joey laughs

Mark glares at Joey hard.

“Joey, this is not dating, this is engagement, it’s..different…” Mark fumed just by thinking of the idea.

Judging by how red Mark looked right now, Joey knows his brother is really angry but he’s still trying to keep…..his sanity.

“I know, it’s crazy, but, well you know dad, once he did it, he did it, you’re daddy’s boy, I bet you understand it more than I do”.

By that Joey means, how Mark and their dad are so alike, personality wise. Their mom said it too, how Mark resembles so much like papa Tuan when he was young. Very obedient, kind, but got temper at times too.

Free spirit, like, never actually listen to something that is said or asked to by force. As calm as Mark look, Mark is stubborn in his own way, well, never throws tantrums, but when he said, he won’t do it, he won’t, if he said he’ll do it, he’ll do it.

And because of that, papa Tuan and Mark understand each other so much. Even though Mark is like that, he love his old man, and papa Tuan being the sporting dad he is, never forced Mark into doing anything even since Mark was little. And he trust Mark that much, that Mark won’t do anything that could harm himself.

“Bro, I’m not saying I agree in this or disagree, but like you said, this is engagement, it’s kinda big, but hey, at least it’s not yet marriage..right?”

“Besides, when was the last time dad makes you do something? I believe never since at least since I was born”. Joey is now standing beside his bed and put his hands on his waist looking at Mark.

Mark huffs and looks at the ceiling.

It’s true, his parents haven’t ask or request anything from him until now, he’s raised “freely” maybe.

“I….. I don’t know.” He is too disturbed to even speak anything, not that he talk much in his normal self anyway. “Man with few words” his mom called him before.

“But, since you don’t know her, so she’s not from your course right?” Joey asked.

Mark slowly get up and move into seating position.

“How would I know?..I don’t know anything much about her actually”.

“Ya know, cuz it’s good if she’s not from your field, I mean, I’m goin to get real headache with 2 doctors in this house, and the last thing I want is my house to smell like a pharmacy..ugh”. Joey’s faking a vomit gesture.

Mark throws a pillow “don’t you condemn my course you idiot”.

******

Knock knock

“Come in”.

“How’s my little boy?” mama Tuan approach Mark who is now applying some hair gel onto his hair in front of full length mirror.

“I’m not little anymore mom”. Mark sighs.

Mama Tuan just laughs.

“Come let me take a look” mama Tuan brushes off invisible dirt on mark shoulder “hmm…you look so handsome my dear, did I raised you well?”

Mark chuckle unbelievingly, his mother still have time to joke at time like this. “Yes you DID mom~”.

“Does it have to be ‘that’ red?” mama Tuan looks up at Mark’s hair.

She never fond of Mark’s red hair since the beginning, unlike her husband who thought it’s cool. Mama Tuan rolls her eyes mentally.

“YES, and I might dye it yellow or rainbow color next” Mark rolls his eyes.

“Mom, why did you and dad do this? Have I never been a good son to you? Did I do anything wrong? Is this a punishment?” Mark looks at his mom in the eyes.

Mama Tuan holds both marks hands in hers.

“Mark dear, listen, don’t think it that way okay? You are a good son, we love you so much, this is just something that is new in your life, that’s all and nothing bad in it. Just get to know each other okay? Just take it as you making new friend”.

“We wait for you downstairs okay? It’s almost time..and don’t forget to wear that ring alright?”

Mama Tuan smile and left the room.

Mark sighs again...for the hundred times of the night.

Today is the day, Mark going to meet his…..well…….his….so called….fiancé and her family for the 1st time.

Mark gritted his teeth. Can he survive tonight?

 

**********************