Thirtytwo

Love & Potassium
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Life in the hospital is boring, Yoona thought but because of that many thing had happened in her life, one is that her family and her become really close, They often go there visit Yoona and talk to her about their daily lives, Seulgi would normally complain about her day and all. Krystal will just stay and watch TV all day or sometimes would talk about cheer leading practice and how her day went. Krystal was never a talker to all of them but since this happen it seems that family is the source of happiness she had. Jessica would just stay day and night, take care of her in all forms, feeling her loved and supported. It was amazing; it brings the two of them closer. Yuri and her? They are now left alone inside Yoona’s room.

Yoona knows that today is special and she has no idea why it is special.

“I made seaweed soup.” Yuri said as she prepare the soup on Yoona’s bed table. Yoona looked at her confused. “Who’s birthday is it?” Yoona asked.

Yuri mocked her, and after a moment she laughed loudly. “Seriously?” Yoona looked blankly then glared at her. “Happy Birthday.” Yoona felt ashamed not remembering her father’s birthday. Yuri laughed even louder with Yoona’s state.

“Appa!” Yoona whined.

“Oh no, you totally forgot? It is your birthday Yoong.” Yuri then answered. Yoona looked surprised and she laughed as well. They shared a good laugh and look at each other in silent. “I’m sorry if you felt that I was not there when you needed me.. I feel that you hated me so I distant myself rather than using my authority as your father but to be hones Yoong, I am always watching you.” Yuri said almost crying and Yoona’s eyes were also on the same state.

“I’m sorry if I failed you.. I know you wanted me to win that league but I failed.” Yoona said looking at the seaweed soup. Yuri pats Yoona’s head. “You did not fail me, what I wished for you, is, to be better than me and you were, I failed you and I’m sorry for that, I was supposed to guide you and not pressure you, I was supposed to know better, I’m sorry if my dreams become your dreams to prove something, I’m sorry as you felt that way.. I should have done better.” Yuri said.

“We don’t have the best relationship to offer to the world but that is history Appa. I wish to survive this, so that we can share more birthdays and create memories we can smile about.” Yoona said as tears fell on her cheeks. Yuri cried as well. “You will survive this Yoong, and we will be the best father and daughter the world could ever see.” Yuri opened her arms and Yoona landed on her embrace. No more words needs to be added, they are putting everything in the past and just want to move forward as they know that they can’t lose each other. This is the best birthday gift Yoona could ever receive in her lifetime she thought. When they were all dramatic the door opened and….

“Happy birthday to you, Happy Birthday – Happy birthday dear Yoona.” People came in her room with balloons and gift, Soo Young is carrying colorful balloons in different shapes, Sunny has her gifts and the whole swimming team was there with Hyo Yeon and Seo Hyun was carrying the cakes, others have the food with them and some gifts from her family and friends.

“Surprise Yoong! Happy Birthday.” Sunny said and Seo Hyun went to Yoona. She felt really happy on this surprise.

“Go head blow your candles Yoong and make a wish.” Jessica said with tears in her eyes, the scene before she completely enter was the best scene she could live for, it was a wish come true for Jessica.

Yoona closed her eyes… ‘I wish for the people in this room to find happiness and peace.. may it involve me or not’ She said in her mind and opened her eyes, she looks at Seo Hyun meaningfully and smiled at her, Seo Hyun smiled sadly and she blows the candles.

“YEY!” Everyone cheered and started eating.

Bomi is being curious on all the function of the equipment in the hospital there was one time she turned off Yoona’s oxygen and everyone panics and Victoria fix it.

“Stupid” Victoria said. “Let’s start gift giving!” Bomi then said not minding whatever happened. “Yaeh good idea.” Tiffany stated..

“Let me start! I got you this Yoong.” Bomi stated and she passed a whole pile of Bananas to Yoona and everyone looked at her, Sunny face palmed and Yuri sighed as she met Jessica, who seemed to be offended on the gift. “Wow bananas, I need this thanks” Yoona said and laugh it out. Jessica then smiled she realize that Bomi does not mean to offend her. “Here” Victoria offered a box of Swiss chocolate. “I really don’t know if you are allowed to eat it but I remember this is something you drool about, back when we were in grade three I ate your share and you cried so hard so I am giving this to you.” Victoria is almost crying and Yoona smiled with teary eyes, they go a long way, Victoria is a to everyone but to Yoong she shows her soft side. “Thank you! I will eat all of it.”

“I got this for you Cap!” Jackson then give Yoona his gold medal. Everyone kept mum and shock on  what he gave. Yoona noticed it. “Hey it’s fine.. I am happy for you” Yoona said to everyone and to Jackson. “I never really wanted to become a swimmer but you said I could get a lot of girls when I become one and I did get a lot of girls.. but you are the only girl that deserve this, you are my inspiration and I am giving you this gold because you deserve it.” Jackson cannot control himself as he cried and hugged Yoona. Yoona also cried. Jessica and Yuri are looking at them, and this brings hope to them.. and to Yoona of course..

“Are we going back in memory lane?” Sunny said wiping her tears,,  “Well if we are I am giving you this back.” Sunny handed a rabbit like stuff toy and Yoona smiled. “You still have this?” Yoona took it. “Yeah, I kind of still cry on it, back in Junior high you gave it to me and told me that if I need someone or a miracle the bunny toy will give some now I am returning your miracle because I think a miracle is happening.” Sunny cried and hugged Yoona

“Guys this is supposed to be a happy day right?” Tifany said containing her tears and hugging both Seulgi and Irene. Yoona then look at Soo Young, her best friend since kinder garden. “What?” Soo Young asked ans Yoona showed her, her palm.

“I did not bring any okay?”

“I though you will give me your car?” Yoona asked, well Soo Young is driving an AUDI blue she is rich.

“I just brought this.” Soo Young handed a small box and Yoona smiled. “You had always wanted to have that bracelet and I can’t give it to you as my mom gave it to me..”

“Soo Young you don’t have to.”

“But I want to.. Mom said that there is this one person who will be the person you will forever be and I want to be you, to be forever your friend.” Soo Young said crying and Yoona hugged her… The whole gift giving brought everyone in tears and ..

“Stop crying okay? Let’s celebrate for Yoona’s birthday!” Jessica said as she wipes her tears and they started to party.

Everyone was having fun and Krystal looks at Sulli.

“Are you okay?” Krystal aske

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter