Beginning

Rain Lock
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  I drag my heavy legs behind me as I drift down the hospital hallway. Chlorine smell floods my nostrils as my thoughts ran over and over like a broken record. Sadness, anger, and millions of other emotions filled my body and system. Noises and smell of the hospital stood out like a sore thumb to me, everything single little detail stood out-- the 3 different type syringe on the cart, the silver button on nurses’ uniform. Patient’s room lined up on both side of the hallway with family members and nurses, some celebrating while others cried their eyes out. It’s funny how fate plays with us, messing with us, and eventually pushing us off the cliff and into our death.

  One particular room caught my attention where a young lady was laying on the bed hooked on various machine. She’s staring ahead at the blank wall in a half sitting position, her pale face contrasted beautifully with her jet black hair. But her eyes… her hazel eyes rest perfectly above her cheeks, so perfect, yet at the same time so blank and empty.

  “Thank god she’s quiet and not crying like the others,” one of the nurses with a cart scoffed standing near the door to the stranger’s room. I want to walk away, but my feet stood glued to the opposite side of the hallway not being able to tear my eyes from the stranger.

  “Shut it…” the other nurse hisses as she closes the door behind her and lean against the cart facing the first nurse, “She just experienced something traumatic, don’t judge her. Beside, you didn’t get , so stop judging.”

  “Okay, stop it,” the first nurse whisper annoyed before pushing the cart and walking away.

  I stood there shocked as I process the information I just heard, still staring at the black hair beauty. She was ? I wonder how as she’s so calm and quiet about everything. If I was her, I would’ve freaked and cried like the nurses said.

  I don’t know how long I stood there, on the opposite side of her room, just staring through the window at her pale face. I just noticed that there were bruises on the side of he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter