Succor

Red Band Community

"I need pills." Sunny says as she leans on the reception counter. The man behind the counter stared at her blankly as he waited for her to finish the sentence. Realizing she wasn't going to continue he asked, "For..?"

"You really need an answer? Hello! I am in a hospital don't you think I'm in pain?" Sunny loudly replied. She watched as the man in front of her let out a small chuckle.

"What are you laughing at! Who do you"

Cutting her off the man stated, "I expected this. You're suffering from withdrawal." Causing Sunny to become even more pissed than before.

"Excuse you, I am not a drug addict! I just do it when I want to." Sunny smartly replied. At least, she thought it was smart. This released another small chuckle from the man.

"By the way, My name is Doctor Ji Suk Jin, I'm the top surgeon in this ward." He stopped as he watched Sunny become confused. He continued, "So, basically I hold your life with the tools I hold in between my fingers when I perform surgery on you." Sunny's eyes widened causing him to stop. She nodded her head telling him to continue, "Now that's only if this surgery ever takes place. With your high drug abuse you are now at the bottom of the transplant recipient list. But, I've called your mom so she'll be here shortly to discuss this situation with you." He finished.

Dr. Ji Suk Jin expected the girl to become frightened but, he watched as she casually walked down the hallway.

"Still trying to act tough huh?" He laughed as he continued filing paperwork.

He looked up as he watched an older woman walk through the entrance doors. Clearly an upper class woman, Moschino bag in hand she walked up to the counter.

"I'm here for my daughter Sunny. I'm her mother Mrs. Lee." The woman said.

"Nice to meet you Mrs. Lee. I can give you a room number but your daughter already seemed to wander off. Please take a seat in the room directly to your left." Dr. Ji Suk Jin said as he grabbed the file of papers and walked from behind the counter towards the private counseling room that held a cute black sofa.

They both took a seat as Mrs. Lee placed her bag on the floor and crossed her legs. She patiently waited as he took out all the papers and placed them on the small rectangular coffee table in front of them. They were x-rays of her daughters heart.

"Your daughter seems to be suffering from Cardiomegaly, this means she has an Enlarged Heart." He paused to let the woman soak all the details in. He continued, "This can have various causes. I'm not sure if you knew about this but she is a drug addict." He watched as the woman widened her eyes, "The cause of this is . And because of this it puts her on the bottom of the transplant recipient list." He finished.

"No that can't be. Isn't there something we can arrange? I can give you money?" Mrs. Lee desperately suggested ideas but he simply shook his head.

"There's really not much we could do here. But, maybe since you're so well known you can have a relative or somebody find something for her, you know?" He suggested.

The woman bit her lip as she pulled out her phone. She began scrolling through the long list on contacts.

"I can try. I'd like to speak with my daughter please." She said as she continued to scroll through her phone.

Dr. Ji Suk Jin nodded, "Sure thing. Wait right here and i'll have a nurse go find her." he said as he began to sit up before walking out the door.

"Hey Gary, go hunt down Sunny she ran off. She might have run into Luna, go find her before she does something she'll regret." Dr. Ji Suk Jin said, Gary nodded before jogging down the same direction of the hall Sunny went down.

Dr. Ji Suk Jin sighed as he sat down in his chair before sending emails to the staff about upcoming activities with patients. A few minutes later he watched Gary walk closely behind Sunny as she walked towards the room her mom was waiting in. He debated if he should get up and join the discussion, then thought it was better if they let them talk it out. He continued to finish writing his emails before a young boy walked in.

He stood up immediately, "Boy, What are you doing in here? You're no-"

The boy stopped directly in front of him and looked directly in his eyes, "My name is Amber, I'm suffering from Osteosarcoma you're the only doctor I know that'll help me please sir." 

Dr. Ji Suk Jin eyes widened, forgetting the fact he got her gender mixed up, he was astounded at the maturity of this teenager.

"I like the way you talk. But, that doesn't change the fact you're not supposed to be in here. How'd you get in?" He asked as he examined who was behind the entrance doors.

"I told them I had an appointment and it was an emergency, they didn't really question it." She replied.

"Oh. Well doesn't this hospital have great security!" He jokingly replied. He continued, "Well, I mean I love helping people so I'm not just going to throw you out on the street. Do you have a parent or guardian that can gi-"

"Both of my parents are dead." Amber bluntly stated. Dr. Ji Suk Jin's face softened.

"Do you have a grandma or anybody that has any sort of paperwork?" He asked again.

"My grandma is in California, she doesn't believe in going to the doctor or anything, she's all about herbs and spirits that help heal our illnesses." She stated.

"I need some sort of consent from a family member to check you out Amber." Dr. Ji Suk Jin said before going back behind the counter and sorting through more files.

"Please sir, can you at least do an x-ray so we can see how bad it is." Amber began to cry, making Dr. Ji Suk Jin hand her a box of tissues.

"I don't know Amber." He paused for a few seconds before nodding his head and continuing, "Sit in the waiting room for a moment. I'll see what I can do." before walking down the hallway.