Chapter 8

The Playlist of Reasons Why I Love You

“Ehhhhhh!! Look who’s hitting on number seven’s cute friend!!”

I quickly pulled away from oppa and looked towards the staircase.

“…” Oppa breathed.

ALL of his siblings, including Yeona, were climbing up the stairs to confront us. Luckily, no one saw us in our pre kissing position.

“You boys are over reacting!” one of the unnies shouted over the howling noises that the oppas made, “Chanyeol was just showing Ara around! Gaawwwdd! You guys are more dramatic than the twins!!”

“Heyy! WE ARE NOT DRAMATIC!” The twins shouted at the same time.

“It’s not cool, man. This is cheating! We should all have an equal chance!” One of the oppas complained.

“Fuch you all!!! She is my friend!! None of you stupid oppas are going to date her!” Yeona pointed at the oldest, “And you’re married! What are you doing here with your dumb bros when your WIFE is down stairs with a full on baby bump???” Yeona barged in and sorted the crowd.

Suddenly, Chanyeol oppa snatched my hand and pulled me up.

“What are you doing??” I whispered in panic.

“Yeona, as much as I am scared of your whistle, I am willing to risk losing my hearing and go out with Ara.” Oppa declared.

Everything happened so fast. Some were howling, some were cheering, some were whispering and one left. Yeona, to be specific. I glanced at Chanyeol oppa worriedly and let go of his hand.

“Yeona??” I squeezed through the small crowd on the top of the staircase and ran after my friend.

***

I lightly knocked on her bedroom door and called her name. I let myself in after waiting for a response that I never got.

“I’m so sorry, Yeona-”

“I’m so sorry, Ara-”

“Wait, what?”

“Wait, what?”

We both blinked in confusion at our apology to each other. I apologized for hiding the secret from her and dating her brother even though it seemed like she didn’t want us together. Why would she apologize to me?

“Woah, ok. So why are you apologizing? I’m the one who has to apologize. You know, for dating your oppa and keeping it a secret?” I asked.

“Oh no, why would you feel bad about that?? I wanted to apologize for making you feel like it wasn’t okay for you to date my brother!! I was such a bad friend for pulling out the whistle and all that…” She explained.

Oh.

We both laughed at our miscommunication. Everything was okay between us. I didn’t have to feel guilty about dating Chanyeol oppa!!!

“Thank god everything is clear between us…” I whispered as I hugged her.

***

I was officially dating Chanyeol Park. I couldn’t believe this was all happening to me. Going to the school I wanted to go to, following my dream, having an amazing friend, and having a beautiful boy friend. Ever since we went back to school after the hectic evening and the day after, the breaking news shocked the whole school.

The little first year kid dating THE Chanyeol Park. Apparently, me and Solbi unnie weren’t the only girls mesmerized by his charms. I had a load of competition. Despite the envious ‘I wish I was you’ looks, the deadly ‘ you, . You ruined my life’ glares, and Yeona’s complaints from time to time, everything was good.

“When I said you could date my friend and act all cuddly around me, I didn’t mean you could stick your tongue down in front of me, you in’ idiot!!” and “As much as I love you, brother, I do not want to see your . Nor do I want to see or hear my dear friend having an ! Gawd, it’s like being forced to watch ,” were the usuals but it was just Yeona being a dramatic, over exaggerating sister/friend. It was fun to piss her off, to be honest.

***

“Miss Jo, may I please talk to you for a moment? It’s an emergency.”

It was supper when our school stage director came down to the hormone filled cafeteria herself. I was shocked.

“Uh, ok?” I answered more like a question. Glancing at Yeona and oppa one last time, I stood up and followed the old lady.

“What’s the emergency?” I asked.

“Well, I heard that you are musically talented in many ways. Perfect and relative pitch, exceptionally trained ears, able to compose and write songs…” She stated.

“Yessss…and?” I raised my eyebrows. This woman seriously creeped me out.

“Oh oh oh, forgive me, this old brain sometimes loses track. So back to my point. I need you, Miss Jo, to play a duet with a third year student for her minor assignment. Her partner, a piano major, broke her hand last night while trying to escape to go to a party. She is currently suspended and she only has one working arm. So, YOU will have to play the piano. ”

“What? Why would you want me to play the piano when there are plenty of other students who are much better at piano than me? I am a singer/songwriter major you know…and my friend! She’s full piano scholar. So why ME?” I questioned.

“Well, the thing is…the recital is tomorrow.” She bit her lips, “And you are the only student in the school who is able to master a new composition in a short period of time. Please, Miss Jo.”

I sighed. Being a music freak was not a plus when it came down to these kind of situations.

“Fine, I’ll do it…” I murmured.

The director eagerly shoved the composition at me and skipped down the hall to announce the delightful news.

“FML…” I breathed as I stomped back to my table.

“What happened?” Yeona asked as she stuffed her face with a vanilla cupcake.

“They asked me to master a piano composition by tomorrow. A stupid sunbae broke her hand while trying to escape to go to a party and she and her partner were supposed to play a duet for their majors assignment.” I grumpily explained.

“Wait, are they third years?” Oppa asked. He looked panicked.

“Yeah, do you know them?”

“, I think that party girl’s partner is..”

“Hey, Ara. I heard that you’re my new partner for my recital tomorrow.”

It was the y Solbi sunbae who almost threw me into the dungeon.