pickup lines

25 drabble challenge

--

 

“hey,” yifan hurriedly steps into the living room, a suspicious-looking red book in his hand. his cheeks are a soft shade of pink, joonmyun wouldn’t notice if he didn’t look really hard. “don’t you think it’s such a crime?”


joonmyun raises his eyebrows, expecting an answer right away. he is lounging on the couch, the latest fashion magazine that has jongdae’s article in it is spread on his lap. the half-drunk hot chocolate cup is sitting an arm away on the low table next to him. he takes it and has a sip, still looking up expectantly at his partner.

“you have to answer,” yifan sighs impatiently. “that’s kinda the point.”

“okay,” he gives up. “what?”

yifan grins, looking a bit motivated hearing his line. “for stealing my heart like it’s daylight robbery.”

joonmyun laughs. “is it?” he puts back his hot chocolate on the table. “do i look like i’m wearing some thief masks?”

“not really.” the taller shrugs. he flips up the book and looks at it pages. for some reason, joonmyun is anticipating his next words. “wait. joonmyun?”

“yes, yifan?” 

“do you have a map?” yifan looks dead serious, it makes joonmyun want to laugh.

“well, i have the app in my phone—“

“because i’m getting lost in your eyes."

it is a reflex, joonmyun swears. he couldn’t even explain when and how the magazine on his lap managed to get thrown across the room and hit yifan’s shoulder. the mixed look of horror and pain in the taller man’s face is something joonmyun wouldn’t forget forever.

“just get lost!” he shouts out, half angry and half amused by the situation. "and i’m sorry, give my magazine back, please.”

the magazine is thrown back to him—hitting on his chest, but that doesn’t hurt—and yifan is once more flipping on the pages. 

“forget about spiderman, superman, and batman because i will be your man.”

joonmyun sighs, “you kinda already are.”

“.” 

“yeah. try harder, yifan.”

he flips at the pages again. “i thought happiness starts with ‘h’, but why is mine starts with ‘u’?”

joonmyun laughs. “just give up, i could do better than you.”

“you must be a charizard because you're getting me hot."

“don’t go there, yifan.”

“wanna come over and we can initiate some human instrumentality?”

“yifan…”

“…you’re so beautiful that you made me forget my pickup line."

“come here and let’s make out.”

“yeah!” yifan throws the pickup lines book away and rushes to the couch, ready to pounce on his boyfriend. if those lines would get him a makeout session with joonmyun, he would just need to smooth it out and practice more.

 

--