snowflakes

25 drabble challenge

the snow falls heavily today. it's bad enough to get the city's subway system down, says the online news his phone alerted him of this morning. his office never opens on first day of the snow, so there's no work today for him. yifan settles back into the bed comfortably, intending to take as many sleeping time as he could before he is faced with more deadlines. joonmyun is staring at his own phone, the purple sheep charm falling awkwardly around his fingers, frowning. he is seemed to be in a deep thought. he types down a quick reply, and puts the gadget back on the nightstand.

"office got shut down," joonmyun sighs, shifting closer to yifan's warmth.

"mine, too." yifan wants to say, but his lips are freezing and joonmyun knows that anyway. he hums against the slight reveal of the younger's collarbone instead. it's warm there. yifan likes it a lot.

they stay like that, only the silent sound of breathing between them. it's comfortable, too. yifan doesn't even want to move.

"let's watch the snow." joonmyun suggests, and after three heartbeats he yanks the blanket off them, letting the cold air crawling onto their skin despite the double heater they placed in the room.

yifan groans, but joonmyun is dragging the blanket along with him to the window and he has no other choice. he stands next to joonmyun, who is obviously shivering as he touches the window's glass, and throw a good part of the blanket around his shoulder.

the snow is slowly falling, taking its time to greet them before it flies further down to earth. some decided to rest at their window glass and form a pretty shape of flake.

"it's beautiful," joonmyun whispers, tracing his fingertips on the glass to make the shape of the flake.

yifan turns to look at him; at the red cheeks and soft gaze, and wonders if he says that he is falling too, joonmyun would consider him beautiful as well.