Trouble

Fated Through Fame (EXO Kai Mini Fanfiction)

Na Young's POV:

"So, does Na Young actually like EXO? I've just been curious." Kai asks.

"Well, she's not a huge fan but we asked her who she thought was good looking and-" I immediately stop Kyung Mi from spilling my embarrassing decision. I just had to just Kai then, didn't I?

"Who was it?" Kai asks, smirking at me as I glare at him.

"It was-" Kyung Mi attempts to speak with my hand over .

"Don't."

"Yuhn!" She mumbles.

"What?"

"Chen! I like Chen!" I say and take my hand off . I glare at Kyung Mi who just sticks her tongue out but doesn't say anymore.

"Really? He's.. a cool..guy. I guess." Kai says, as if he was indirectly saying he was better. Yeah right.

Time flew by and the girls stayed for a few hours. Kai acted like a real person with manners and humor, unlike how he usually was, although I mostly saw through his fake acts. Kyung Mi ended up getting an autograph and a selca with Kai, who was heavily glaring at me when I suggested the idea.

"Would you like you stay for dinner?" I ask them but Hye-ri quickly rejects.

"No, no. We couldn't possibly interrupt you two. It's getting quite late anyway. We'll be going Na Young!" She says as the girls get up from the couch and put on their coats and bags.

"You sure?" Kai asks and Kyung Mi blushes.

"Well-"

"Yes, We are leaving now. It was nice meeting you Kai." Ye Jin interrupts and pulls Kyung Mi with her.

"I'll walk you guys down!" I say before running into my room for my keys. By the time I come out, the girls had already left the apartment and Kai's fake smile went down.

"Hurry up. I'm hungry." He simply states before walking into his room. I roll my eyes and leave, locking the door, only to see them waiting at the elevator.

"Guys!" I call out to them and they turn around.

"You don't have you walk us." Ye Jin says but I insist.

"It's alright, I didn't even get to say good bye." I say.

"He's so kind and funny! I don't know what you're talking about." Kyung Mi says with a wide smile, still not able to accept the fact that I was living with an idol.

"Whatever." I say and Hye-ri laughs.

"He's not too bad. Maybe just around you.." She hints and she nudges me.

"No way. He's not even my type!" I say and Kyung Mi burst out in laughter.

"Yeah right! You totally think he's attractive." She says just as the elevator doors open.

"Whatever! Don't even bring that up! You're never going in there again." I tell her and she shrugs, satisfied that she's at least seen him in person once.

The lift went down quickly from the 7th floor and we said our good-byes with tight hugs.

"I'll call you sometime!" Hye-ri says with a smile and I nod.

"Have fun at school! Come back to Seoul with a better boyfriend please." I say and she laughs before hugging me one last time.

"Get home safe guys." I say as I walk out of the building with them and watch them call a cab. It was only 7 but already dark and cold outside.

As I was about to walk back inside, a man suddenly pulled my arm. He seemed to be running away from someone, as he was out of breath. Out of nowhere, he grabbed my hand and put the other around my shoulder.

"Excuse me?!" I ask, shocked at his gesture, as he holds me close to him. His cologne smelled horrifying, as if he just dumped ten different bottles on himself, along with a hint of alcohol. I struggle to get out of his grip as a drunk woman in a short red dress comes running towards him with her heels in hand.

"This is the woman you're cheating on me with?! This piece of trash?" She asks, pushing my shoulder roughly. I scoff at her attitude.

"Piece of trash?!" I repeat and she looks at me up and down.

"Yeah, you! You're not even pretty or skinny! Who do you think you are stealing my man?" She yells at me and all I can do is stand there with my mouth open from shock, confusion, and anger. Who was she to tell me if I was pretty or not? I didn't even know the man who grabbed me! How did I get stuck in this situation?

"Excuse you! I don't know-"

"Whatever shut your mouth! You! I'll sue you for everything you've done!" She yells, pointing her fist to the man but he grabs my arm, holding me close.

"Baby dont lea-" He says to me as I stare at this creep.

B-Baby?!

"Who do you think you're calling baby?" A voice says and he man's arm is immediately forced off of me.

Kai's POV:

"Hurry up. I'm hungry." I say as she rushes out of her room. Her friends were already leaving so I don't understand why she still wants to see them down. Hasn't she been with them the entire day already?  Not to mention up here..

I walk back into my room, wondering what to eat for dinner, considering I had lost my appetite during lunch. I grab my phone and call Na Young to hurry up. It rings for a few seconds before I hear her annoying ringtone through the walls.

"Don't tell me she left it-" I keep the phone to my ear and walk into her room for the first time. It was clean and organized. And of course, her phone was on her bed next to her laptop. ringing. I end the call and observe the room, spotting her lavender candles sitting on a cabinet, unlit thankfully, and her desk covered with schoolbooks.

She'd probably kill me if she found out I was in here but it doesn't hurt to look around.

I lifted her laptop screen to see aroung 7 open tabs about EXO.

"She is a fan! I knew it!" I say to myself while looking at some of the articles she clicked.

'2014 Comeback for EXO'

'Growl MV: Oneshot'

'EXO-K's Kai: Dating Rumors Are True'

Why was she looking at this?

I quickly put the laptop back in place and leave her room. How can it take this long for one to walk someone down and come back up? And I told her to hurry up too. She's probably taking longer on purpose. I grab a hat from my room before taking my keys and leaving the apartment. It'd be risky to be seen in the building so having a disguise is definitely necessary.

The lift gets here faster than usual and I enter, hoping no one is waiting to get on as I go down. I didn't want to be noticed by any fans or parents who would want an autograph or a photo at the moment. It wasn't that I didn't appreciate my fans, but it would definitely make living here more difficult.

Luckily, the doors opened at the lobby and I walked out, trying to go unnoticed. As I get closer to the door, I can see a woman with a bright red dress yelling at a man outside. The man grabbed hold of a girl beside him-

Na Young?!

I quickly rush to the automatic doors and grab the man's hand off of her. I didn't know what overcame me but just his hand on her made my blood boil.

"Who do you think you are calling baby?!" I ask.

"K-Kai?!" She exclaims, clearly surprised by my sudden appearance. She seemed unhurt but extremely shocked at the situation.

"I was wondering what was taking you so long. Seems like you were busy/" I say and she looks confused.

"Wha-N-"

"Young man! Who do you think you are? That is the woman who wrongfully seduced my man into cheating on me! That-" The woman shouts, causing me to laugh at this nonsense.

"? Who's the here?! If you actually looked in a mirror, you'd know. Also, my girlfriend has nothing to do with this. Have this piece of trash to yourself." I say, pushing the strange man to her before grabbing Na Young's hand and pulling her into the building with me. With one hand holdin my hat own and the other in Na Young's, I tried to get past people quickly.

There was already a crowd forming inside and outside and I knew I'd get into trouble with my manager. Loads of trouble.

Na Young's POV:

"? Who's the here?! If you actually looked in a mirror, you'd know. Also, my girlfriend has nothing to do with this. Have this piece of trash to yourself." Kai says angrily before pushing the man to the woman roughly.

Girlfriend?!

Before I could even process what just happened, Kai grabbed my hand and pulled me inside the building with him. He didn't let go as we walked through the lobby crowded with people and into the elevator. Some people came out and immediately recognized Kai. I ducked my head and tried to hide my face, and our hands. He stepped in and continuously pressed the close button before pressing the 7th floor.

No one said a word but I could hear Kai's deep breaths. His presence gave me a sense of security for the first time and I was actually grateful that he came.

He still didn't say a word as he led me down the hallway to our apartment and opened the door. After stepping in, he finally let go of my hand. I couldn't even understand the situation and here I was, back again in the apartment with Kai. His back was faced towards me and I didn't know whether to speak or just remain silent.

"I'm sorry. I-I don't know what came over me I jus-"

He starts to say before I cut him off.

"Thank you, Kai." I say and he turns to look at me. Unlike the other times where he would look at me with arrogance and annoyance, he stared at me with confusion and shock in his eyes.

"What?" He asks.

"I said, thank you.." I say quietly. It was quite embarrassing but I knew it had to say it. "You were pretty cool back there."

He emotionless expression on his face with his eyes wide and mouth open. I couldn't stand there anymore without wanting cover my face so I walked by, while he still stood there, and went into my room. I was definitely blushing like crazy. Why was I blushing? Why was my heart beating so loudly?

I must have been startled before. That's why. Nothing else.

Kai's POV:

"Thank you, Kai."

Those two words come out of for the first time since we began sharing the apartment. I turned around, still unable to accept that she had actually said those words. To me.

"What?" I manage to say.

"I said, thank you." She says quietly, blushing a bit. "You were pretty cool back there."

I felt like my chest was going to burst but I didn't know from what. Anger? Confusion? Happiness? Something pulled at my heart and my stomach felt uneasy. I couldn't think of what to do or say as Na Young just slips by me and into her room.

Why is my heart racing so fast? What just happened to me?

It must have been because I'm hungry. That's why. Nothing else.

 

-------

Yes! What is happening to Kai and Na Young who always bicker and argue? ;)

Thank you for reading! <3 ^.^