Bit of Kindess

Fated Through Fame (EXO Kai Mini Fanfiction)

Na Young's POV:

The next morning, I wasn't awoken by a rough shaking or Kai's loud music blasting from the living room. It was the sweet smell of pancakes that drifted into my room, pulling me from a good night's sleep. I sit up in my bed, allowing my sore muscles to stretch before getting up. A flashback of last night's events crawled to my mind.

How should I approach Kai?

We both hadn't seen each other since the incident. I ended up staying in my room until I fell asleep without eating dinner. After brushing my teeth and washing up, I peered into the kitchen area to see Kai's back towards me as he flips a pancake at the stove.

"Hey." I say, but he doesn't seem to hear. I stand a bit closer and repeat it louder. "Hey."

Startled, he turns around before staring at me. It wasn't an awkward silence but I could tell he was flustered by my sudden appearance.

"Hey, you alright?" He asks, turning back around. I fix my hair, taken back by his question before answering.

"Yeah. What are you making?" I didn't know why I was being so cautious around him today. Just yesterday morning, we were bickering and arguing as always. Today, he had even decided to make breakfast instead of getting me to buy him take out. And, he was being nice. What has happened to him overnight?

"Pancakes for breakfast." He says without looking at me. I glance at the table with two plates of pancakes prepared. Without a word, I walk over and take a piece of the pancake. The smell was great but the minute I bit into it, I almost spit it out.

"Kai!" I exclaim and he turns around quickly.

"What?" He asks, placing another pancake onto his plate.

"These aren't even cooked! Are you trying to kill me?" I say, showing him the bits of uncooked batter inside.

"N-No they're not! See?" He says, picking up one from his plate and taking a bite. I couldn't tell if the one he ate was actually cooked or if he was just hiding the pain really well.

"Well, mine aren't." I say, shoving the pancake closer to his face. He glares at me before snatching it from my hand.

"Who said these were for you?" Kai says, before grabbing my plate and placing it next to his own. I scoff at his rudeness before ruffling my hair.

"Aish! I'm not going to eat it! I won't! If you die, don't call for me." I say, frustrated by him already before stomping into my room. And I thought he was being human for a second. I can never figure this guy out!

Grabbing my phone and purse, I leave the apartment without giving Kai a second glance. He can have his stupid pancakes all he wants.

As I head down the lift, my phone rings.

"Ye Jin? What's up? By the way, wanna meet up for breakfast? Kai's being a-"

"Na Young! You didn't check the news? Girl, we're meeting up right now. Come to the cafe. I'll be there in 5." She exclaims before hanging up and leaving me speechless. What news?

The lift comes to a stop at the lobby and I put on my jacket before exiting the building. What news is Ye Jin talking about?

I unlock my phone and check one of the gossip sites that Ye Jin and Kyung MI frequently use to stalk celebrities. I didn't understand what could be so important that I'd have to know about it. I was the least interested in these kinds of news.

I didn't even have to scroll to see the latest article. The headline caught my eye and I almost stopped walking on the sidewalk as I read it over three times.

'EXO-K's Kai: Cheating on Girlfriend?'

Cheating on his girlfriend? Yoon Joo-hye? I clicked on it, directing me to the full article.

'  At his apartment building last night, Exo's Kai seemed to have another woman other than the lovely actress Yoon Joo-hye. Kai and Joo-hye's relationship had recently been made public but it doesn't look like they're doing well. What could be stopping this beautiful romance from growing? Outside of his apartment, Kai was in a situation with a man and two women. Apparently, sources at the scene told us that a young woman was approached by the man who was being chased by a larger woman. She claimed that the man used her for her money and threatened to sue but the man denied and used the young woman as an excuse to get out of the situation. Kai, who was quickly recognized by passing fans, was seen among the group and said words including 'my girlfriend'. What does this mean for the young idol? '

I was speechless and shocked from reading this article. It had almost every detail that I can remember from last night. If there was someone watching from the beginning, why didn't they do anything to help?

Oh that's right. Because I wasn't a celebrity or anyone important. After Kai shows up at the scene, it becomes a big deal.

Wait..does Kai know about this?

Before I know it, I'm already heading back to the apartment. I quickly send a text telling Ye Jin that I couldn't making it as I enter the building. Now that I looked closer, I could spot a few groups of reporters hanging around with large cameras. Thank goodness no one had gotten a clear video of the scene last night. I swiftly slip past the lobby, hoping to not grab anyone's attention before getting onto an empty elevator. I dial Kai's number already feeling stressed by the sudden situation.

"Oh, so you're not going to pick up, huh?" I say, hearing the voice mailbox recording. Just as the lift reached the 7th floor, I stomped out and down the hall to my door, finding it still unlocked from this morning.

"Kai! Yah! Did you see th-"

I stop mid-sentence as I enter my house without taking off my shoes at the sight of Kai laying on the ground. I was almost frozen, not knowing what to do.

"Kai??" I say loudly, rushing to kneel by his side. He was coughing with a very distressed face. I shake his shoulder a few times but he doesn't respond, only managing a few coughs. "Hang in there."

As quickly as I can, I dial 119 with one hand and pick up Kai's head from the floor, placing it onto my lap. He was sweating, causing his skin to feel hot just from slight contact.

"What happened?" I ask, worried as I wait for the call to get through.

"H-Hello? There is a person who has collapsed at my apartment. I live at xxxxxxx. Please get here quickly!" I say, stuttering from the nervousness.

I look at him as he crouches over in pain and I brush his hair from his forehead. I shook him a few more times, hoping he wouldn't become unconscious, or fall asleep.

"Kai..I just left you for 15 minutes. How did this happen?" I say, worried that something would be wrong with him. I didn't know why I was being so protective and well..worried about him. I guess I wouldn't be human if I didn't have this kind of reaction towards a sick person.

Within the next 5 minutes, an ambulance was audible from outside downstairs. Not only did Kai have to stress about being seen sent to the hospital, but also the dating scandal. After a struggle to get Kai into the ambulance, we arrived at the hospital in no time. Reporters and paparazzi were all over the place after hearing that it was a celebrity.

After Kai was taken to the emergency room, I sat in the halls, occasionally pacing back and forth, waiting to hear about his condition. Why did my heart beat so quickly at the thought of Kai being hurt? I could probably care less about his health..He doesn't care about me. Why should I? He's arrogant and annoying in every way. It's just completely normal to be worried about someone who's life is in danger. Right?

The waiting took almost an hour and I felt more stressed and nervous as the minutes passed. What was taking him so long? Was he really sick?

I got 4 texts from Ye Jin asking what was wrong but I couldn't reply. Especially since I didn't even know what just happened. I could already predict that there would be ten times the amount of paps outside than when we had first entered. Hopefully no one took photos of Kai as he entered the hospital. But then again, there was a very slim chance.

"C'mon Kai..." I mutter to myself as I take a seat for the 5th time. What if I was at fault? Did I do something to Kai? My scattered thoughts built up so quickly that I almost felt sick. Just then, the doors slid open and I immediately stood up as the doctor stepped out.

"Doctor! How's Kai?" I ask, running up to him. At first the nurse behind him held me back, thinking I was a crazed fan.

"Who are you, may I ask?" He asks.

"I-I'm Kai's neighbor. I'm the one who took him here. Is he alright?" I ask as he nurse lets go of my arm. I was the only one waiting outside his room, which made it less suspicious that I'd be the only fan who got past security.

"Well, he's resting at the moment but it seems that he had eaten some raw food that may have contained eggs. With his unbalanced diets, it's important that he watches what he eats or else his health can be easily affected. It was good that you took him here so quickly. It could have been worse. He may feel a bit sick and bloated so take him to walk around the hospital later when he's awake to let out some gas." The doctor explains to me before leaving. The nurse reminds me to sign the papers at the front desk and I nod with a 'thank you'.

I let out a sigh of relief and the heavy weight had been lifted from my shoulders. I had been so worried for nothing.

After a few minutes, I enter the room and notice Kai on one of the beds. There was a humidifier blowing soft vapor over him and an IV needle in his arm. He looked more comfortable now than an hour ago and his coughing had stopped. I observe his face closely as I stand beside his bed. When he was asleep, he was almost like an innocent puppy. It's just that mouth of his that he can't control..

I look at Kai once more before lifting up his blanket to cover his shoulders. His expression was peaceful and gentle. He was definitely handsome an-

Wait what..? I guess that's acceptable for me to admit but I would never say it out loud. Never.

"Why'd you eat the stupid pancakes..." I mumble to myself before sighing and turning to exit the room.

Just as I make a move to leave, someone grabs my hand, stopping me in my tracks.

"Don't go.." Kai's raspy voice whispers, and I think my heart also stopped.

 

------

Hey! :)

I'm sorry about not being able to update as often but I hope you liked this long chapter! ^.^

Thank you for reading! <3 <3 <3