love in rewind.

Love In Rewind

 

 

 

 

love in rewind.

 

 

 

 

 

The day had finally come. Lu Han had to meet Sehun's father. He was so afraid that he in the morning tried to escape from one of the school windows. But when he sat on the window sill and looked down he could see Sehun glaring at him. He dejectedly sighed and had to crawl back into the classroom. It looked like someone has caught him- well it didn't seem like his plan was something surprising about Lu Han.

 

 

 

For the whole day it felt like Sehun was watching him even though they weren't in the same class. Lu Han therefore tried to act as normal as possible and solve the question on his paper. But soon enough his legs were shivering from only thinking about the meeting on that evening that he couldn't concentrate. What if it would fail? What if Mr Oh couldn't care less about singing? Would he think that it would be mediocre singing like Sehun did?

 

 

 

But it was actually really good! Letting out a sigh, Lu Han dropped his forehead on his paper. He could do it. Nobody would be able to resist his charm. Though what bothered him a lot was that that Sehun forbid him from wearing a tracksuit. But that would make Lu Han feel out of place. Like even right now he was wearing a tracksuit. At some point a few teachers gave up and didn't say anything about that that anymore.

 

 

 

Of course there were still dumb teachers who couldn't leave him alone. What was so bad about wearing a tracksuit? They were comfortable as hell. And Lu Han would continue to wear them no matter what anyone would say. He didn't care about detentions he had enough of them anyway. It wouldn't bother him. But what would bother him would be the fear of getting rejected from Sehun's father. Sehun was so useless and couldn't even give him good tips.

 

 

 

He kept on saying that he didn't know anything. Well good for him. Lu Han would then mess up and he had to take responsibility. His only help could come from Baekhyun and the others so he had to ask them. But not pathetically. He surely had to make up a third person who the one in need would be. Then Lu Han would take the advice from them. When he heard the bell, Lu Han stuffed his books and papers into his bag and ran off as the first one.

 

 

He knew that he was the only one with a lesson that late so he would definitely be able to meet the others. While running so fast he bumped into a few people but that didn't bother him much. Lu Han had to hurry up before anyone of them would leave to go home. When he arrived at the door he pulled it open and immediately trailed his eyes around to make sure that nobody was going to leave. Or had already left. He was lucky, as all nine members looked back at him in confusion.

 

 

 

That meant that nobody had left, "Listen up all of you! It's an emergency!" Lu Han breathlessly yelled and on wobbly feet approached a desk to drop his bag there. Like expected nobody- even Sehun- was listening and did their own thing. In particular Baekhyun and Chanyeol who were...talking? But why did Chanyeol never talk to him? Now Lu Han felt seriously betrayed. Why wasn't Chanyeol talking to him? He didn't even say hi in the morning. And then he goes to Baekhyun and talks so much to him.

 

 

 

So nobody was going to listen?

 

 

 

"Okay! This is seriously an emergency! I'm about to mentally die! KAI WHY ARE YOU NOT HELPING ME?! I THOUGHT THAT YOU LIKED ME!" What disappointed him the most was that Kai his loyal minion didn't even blink. It took Lu Han to scream so loudly that he raised his head and acknowledged his crush. He instantly apologised and said that he was thinking about something. Or was it someone? This answer didn't satisfy Lu Han narrowed his eyes and that tilted his head.

 

 

 

Kai had a potato brain; he didn't think.

 

 

 

Whatever he didn't have time for that and forced everyone to sit at their seats. They had pushed a while ago their desks together so that it would be easier to talk, "You guys have to listen to me! I'm still the leader no matter what you think! I don't want to be a dictator but I will IF YOU DON'T LISTEN TO ME!" That was the first thing Lu Han said to the others were looking at each other in shock. Especially Kris and Tao who were having a mental conversation:

 

 

 

What's wrong with Lu Han?

 

 

I don't know, he seems crazier than he usually is

 

 

Maybe he missed his favourite show

 

 

What? Pororo?

 

 

 

 

Kris and Tao did their best to hold in their laughter in because this actually made sense. Unfortunately for them Lu Han noticed that and told them to stop ing about him. He couldn't hear it but he could feel it. Sehun had been side-eyeing his boyfriend for quite a while because he didn't know what the hell he was up to. He couldn't make sense of it. Would Lu Han tell them about their relationship or what? But why didn't he inform Sehun about that? It hopefully wasn't that.

 

 

 

All of them were now staring at Lu Han and expected him to say something.

 

 

 

"So I need your advice because I don't have any other friends." Lu Han began and then lightly blushed because this was embarrassing, "So I have his friend who will meet the parents of their boyfriend. They don't know how they should act towards the parents because this is their first time." He purposely made the gender unknown and said that this person would meet the parents rather than the father. It would make it less suspicious.

 

 

 

To his rescue Sehun joined and pretended to remember someone that didn't exist, "Oh I know them too! They are quite annoying right? So annoying and wear ugly tracks-" Before he could say more Lu Han laughed and covered his mouth with his palms. If Sehun wanted to say something that would be helpful then he would be more than welcome to. Everything else should not be said. He couldn't ruin anything, Lu Han would kill him if he did.

 

 

 

"Really you do? What a surprise! Now shut up because this is my story okay? You can adlib later."

 

 

 

"You are funny!" Lay laughed so that everyone was now looking at him because there was nothing funny about that. He should take this situation seriously. Lu Han mouthed something that seemed like 'be quiet' and then rubbed his temple because he was surrounded by children. He always thought that he was a kid but apparently he wasn't as childish as thought he was. At least it seemed that Baekhyun seemed to have understood it and turned to face Lu Han:

 

 

 

"So what do you want? Advice for your friend?" 

 

 

 

Finally someone helpful, Lu Han's eyes sparkled and he nodded his head.

 

 

 

"Well shouldn't that friend ask their boyfriend about his dad? The boyfriend knows his dad so he should easily be able to give advice." It was as easy as that according to Baekhyun who didn't understand the fuss. It was really easy to understand that. Chanyeol who was sitting next to him nodded his head in awe, Baekhyun was really smart. The idea was kind of obvious but why didn't anyone mention it?

 

 

 

"I know right!" Lu Han glanced at his boyfriend and glared at him, "But that boyfriend is useless and can't give any advice. Right Sehun?" His glare disappear and was replaced by a sweet smile. Oh Sehun was more than useless. He couldn't do anything right. It appeared that Sehun knew that he was meant and awkwardly shrugged his shoulders. He had never had a girlfriend or boyfriend before. How was he supposed to know what kind of person his parents liked?

 

 

 

Raising his hand which was not needed, Chen also contributed to that. "When I had my first girlfriend my parents said they liked smart and neat people. Oh and they like when they have a job or know what kind of career path they want to take." He vaguely remember and then nodded his head unit also caused Lu Han to nod his head. Of course that. It was obvious. But would this apply to Sehun's father too? Lu Han discreetly glanced at Sehun's direction and asked him with his eyes.

 

 

 

"Hmm. I don't know. I guess?" Sehun verbally responded and like always shrugged his shoulders. Wow he didn't know a thing. Lu Han struggled to not let his eye twitch. What kind of child was he? "When I was dating my dad said he likes polite people." Kyungsoo also started talking and then everyone was looking at him. Seeing that he was getting so much attention was awkward for him so that he nervously looked at Lu Han.

 

 

 

The one who broke the silence was no other than Kai who let out a sound of disbelief, "What?! You've dated?!" His voice was way higher than it usually was. He couldn't believe that Kyungsoo dated him without saying anything. That wasn't right. He couldn't date without Kai's knowledge. That just couldn't happen. The other nodded his head because he did date but didn't understand what was so surprising about that.

 

 

 

 

"Wow you guys are so basic. Shouldn't we know how that friend is? If they are nice and polite then everything will be fine. Being annoying and self-obsessed is a big no." Kris spoke and when he did Lu Han could feel how Sehun was glaring at him. He was nice and polite right? So what was his problem? Lu Han scoffed and crossed his arms over his chest. He wasn't annoying at all. So this didn't affect him. Though Sehun's staring didn't stop as if he was waiting for Lu Han to know that he meant with that.

 

 

 

 

"Tracksuits are a no right?" Sehun absentmindedly asked the other members who approved and said that this could never happen. Lu Han froze next to him and bit his lips- he barely had any clothes apart from his tracksuits.

 

 

 

 

"Randomly singing is a no right?" Sehun carried on as again everyone was agreeing with him.

 

 

 

Bursting out into a laughter, Chanyeol pointed at Lu Han, "That sounds like Lu Han!" Since this was the first time Chanyeol was like that he obviously had all the attention on him. He didn't know how that even happened. That was meant to stay in his mind. He didn't mean to say it out loud. Chanyeol didn't know where to look because he did something he wasn't meant to do. "I mean...!" He started again though this dumb staring didn't stop. Did he seriously do something wrong?

 

 

 

 

Soon after everyone else was laughing too.

 

 

 

 

 

"I didn't know you were that funny!"

 

 

 

 

For the first time Chanyeol heard such a compliment from someone. It was Tao who usually didn't interact with the other team. So it was even more surprising. He still didn't realise that he acted like that. Should he pretend that this had never happened or should he just let his feelings out? To be honest he felt good to be for once verbal about his thoughts. It felt better than keeping everything he thought to himself.

 

 

 

Baekhyun's hand slipped into his before he heard something that he always wanted to hear:

 

 

 

 

 

"It's okay to speak Chanyeol."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-x-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"This is ugly too! And this!"

 

 

 

 

 

Lu Han didn't know anymore. None of this was good enough. The huge plastic bag which was filled with newly bought clothes, was about to fall from the bed. Other clothes were spread out on the bed, right next to Sehun who was judging his changing boyfriend. Shouldn't he be grateful that Sehun bought some clothes for him? But what he got in return was Lu Han throwing the plastic bag against Sehun's face.

 

 

 

Staring at the mirror with a pitiful frown, Lu Han shook his head. "Sehun this isn't working none of those make me feel comfortable. I need my tracksuits." He turned around and was currently wearing his pyjama pants and a shirt. He appreciated the help he got but he wouldn't be able to survive. None of those clothes fit well enough and when they did they were ugly. Those were all clothes that people like Lay would wear. So old fashioned and neat, maybe Lu Han should give it to him for his birthday.

 

 

The bed shifted as Sehun shrugged, his gaze slithering away to stare vacantly at the sheets. "I won't force you to meet my parents every day. It's just a one-time thing. If it makes you feel better....I thought that you looked cute. Really." He looked up and saw that Lu Han still didn't seem satisfied. What did he want to hear then? Of course he knew that he looked cute. Sehun didn't have to tell him. It wouldn't change his mind though.

 

 

"Come on sunshine. It's just once where I'm asking you to wear normal clothes. It's not going to happen again so don't worry."

 

 

When Lu Han heard that, he winced. It was only too easy to picture how Sehun was going to burn all of his tracksuits if he would be accepted. Not that Lu Han would let him do that. He had this feeling that he would use this excuse to get rid of them all. "I don't believe you." Lu Han strolled towards the bed and sat on the space between Sehun's legs. Still giving him a disbelieving look. He continued to stare and didn't care if this would be noticeable.

 

 

 

"Fine then don't. I'll just give it to Krystal then. She knows how to appreciate presents." Sehun didn't mind and pointed at black skinny pants and a somewhat white see-through button up shirt. The hurt expression on Lu Han's face intensified when Sehun was about to pack the stuff back into the plastic bag. He knew though that Lu Han would stop him as the elder whined and literally snatched the clothes and pressed it against his chest.

 

 

 

"I...l'll wear it..." The response was a murmur, the volume modulated and the words lacking any of his usual impatience. Lu Han blushed and seemed tense, as if preparing himself for a difficult task. He hated it when Sehun blackmailed him and had therefore the upper hand. It was Lu Han's thing to do! To blackmail. In fact it wasn't even fair to blackmail in such a situation.

 

 

With a little cry, he rolled on his side, trying to clear the annoyance from his eyes so that he could scrutinise Sehun properly. At first glance, he looked much as he always did. Bothered, stressed and at the same time calm. However, on closer examination, one could see hints of something he could almost believe was worry. Sehun was stressing as much as Lu Han did but the difference was that he did it silently.

 

 

His face was one of unresponsiveness. It was the expression of someone who had sat around and gone astray in deserted worry. "I don't want to change you Lu Han but it will be difficult for my dad to accept you how you always are. Not only him but a lot of other people too. Later in life you need to change yourself and adapt to please others if you like it or not is up to you. I want to comfortably hold your hands in front of my parents. I want them to praise you. I want to tell them that I only think of you. But for that to happen...you need to change just a little. Will you do that?"

 

 

 

Lu Han just gazed at him, "Are you going to keep calling me sunshine?"

 

 

 

 

"Yeah. Because you are my sunshine on a rainy day. that was cheesy but I will ignore it." Sehun almost demanded to know why he had said that. But a glance at Lu Han's face stilled the words. His cheeks were graced with a touch of red, and he was reflectively avoiding Sehun's gaze as he played with his hair, "I...guess..." He trailed off and couldn't understand why Sehun would say something as corny as that. That was so unlike him and it creeped Lu Han out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Sehun I'm getting second-hand embarrassment."

 

 

 

 

"But you said that too. I swear you did say the exact same words."

 

 

 

 

"It's okay if I say it because when I do that I look cute."

 

 

 

 

Self-obsessed? Check.

 

Annoying? Check.

 

To tolerate that forever? Check.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-x-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Sehun I need to go home. I think I left the water from the bathtub on."

 

 

"You didn't bathe today."

 

 

 

Sehun's annoyed expression met Lu Han's pitiful one.

 

 

 

 

They were standing in front of Sehun's parents' house. Since his parents weren't living with him anymore. It was also the place where Sehun was supposed to stay at but now he was living alone. It could be much worse. In the end, Lu Han was in good hands and protected well by Sehun. They practiced for the whole day how the conversation would be and Sehun had to fix Lu Han's clothes for so many times.

 

 

 

Now, Lu Han was wearing the clothes he didn't want Krystal to have and he honestly didn't complain. It wasn't that bad. "I think it will be okay." He murmured and Sehun leaned down to brush Lu Han's hair with his hands for the nth time. "My hair is fine." Lu Han wailed as he carelessly pushed the interfering hands away. Instead he tilted his head up and quickly kissed him. Lu Han after all was dying from fear so this was sort of helping him to get himself together.

 

 

 

Sehun knocked twice and his hand instantly slipped into Lu Han's, who was somewhat standing behind him. Lu Han chewed on the inside of his cheek, struggling to solve his internal battle. He could not run off anymore. It was the first step on a set of questions he wasn't sure he wanted to put into words. The door was opened up and Lu Han's s heart straightaway beat faster. He felt not that anxious when Sehun's mother greeted them and urged them to step in.

 

 

After they put their shoes off, Lu Han shyly followed Sehun into the living room and clung onto the back of his shirt.

 

 

They arrived in the living room and Lu Han looked up to see a middle aged man sitting on the sofa. He was staring at Lu Han and didn't hide it. "So you are the boy Sehun was talking about." He stated and Lu Han could only hope that Sehun had only spoken well of him. And didn't make up any that Lu Han wouldn't be able to prove. He awkwardly smiled and sat down across of him on the other sofa.

 

 

"My name is Lu Han. I've been seeing Sehun for a couple of months." Lu Han also wanted to add that he was going to faint from the tension. Well he could not be open about that. Instead, he smiled, looking around the flat and trying to keep the nervousness off his face. "I hope you approve of us. I won't be a bother to any of you."  He clenching both of his hands into fists before releasing it again and turning back to the father.

 

 

 

It didn't look like Sehun's father disapproved but he wanted to say something before the TV cut him off.

 

 

 

A match was running with a much known football team. Sehun didn't care at all so he had his attention back on the actual conversation. But Lu Han's eyes didn't move away from it. He gripped Sehun's hand after taking it to suppress his excitement, "I-Is...this....Manchester United?!" His eyes shone with admiration and indeed his beloved team was on the field. Although he was still holding his boyfriend's hand Lu Han got up and eagerly regarded the screen.

 

 

 

"Yes. My favourite team." Mr Oh proudly said and was visibly happy that Lu Han seemed to like them.

 

 

"I've never had time watch this match again but it's so good! Father will you mind if I watch with you?!" Lu Han begged which was actually not needed because Mr Oh was contented to have company like that. It was only Sehun who was confused because he didn't know what was going on. He was even more confused when he noticed that Lu Han said 'father'. Since when was Lu Han the son-in-law? This was happening too quickly.

 

 

 

"No worries. I really enjoy this match too. I've never thought that Sehun would date a football fan!"

 

 

 

Well Sehun didn't know either. He thought that this would be some serious conversation but when he saw his mother bringing snacks and Lu Han ing his shirt, he knew it wouldn't be. He was happy though that Lu Han seemed relaxed who was currently yelling at the screen with his father because a player missed the ball.

 

 

 

 

Well he was glad that Lu Han was surely accepted.

 

 

 

 

 

"SEHUN THIS IDIOT MISSED THE BALL!" Lu Han screamed and punched his boyfriend's to let his frustration out.

 

 

 

 

 

When Sehun said that Lu Han should feel at ease....he didn't mean it like that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"That was really fun Sehun!"

 

 

 

Marching ahead Lu Han tugged the other on his fingers and pulled him after. It was pretty dark outside, they were both on the way home. Meeting the father was so much more fun for Lu Han than he had expected. He had been smiling for the past couple of hours and punched Sehun as well. He had never really told Sehun much about his football obsession. But it was better to learn now than never.

 

 

 

"Congratulation sunshine. My dad accepted you. That means that we can get married if we want." Sehun muttered- his body was still aching from all the punches from him. Who knew that Lu Han was so strong? He looked weak but one shouldn't really judge a book by its cover.

 

 

 

Stopping for a moment, Lu Han turned around. "When are we going to tell the others about us? What about poor Kai?"

 

 

 

There was a moment of silence, uninterrupted by anything but the sounds of cars. Sehun grabbed both of Lu Han's shoulders and pulled him up for a kiss.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Tomorrow morning."

 

 

 

 

 

I think so.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

("SEHUN! I've gotten a message from Kai! He says it's over!! HE'S BREAKING UP WITH ME AND WON’T ADMIRE ME ANYMORE! He said he found someone new....how could he...")

 

 

 

("Stop crying sunshine, you just want chocolate from him.")

 

___________________________________________________________________________________

 

Thank you for reading this!

 

I was kind of busy the past weeks but I still tried to not unnecessarily drag it :)

 

Play me up was meant to have 26-27 chapters but I cut it into two~

 

 

I seriously want to take a break from writing but I will definitely write on my new fic Count To Three!

 

I will work on that! If you want to stick around then do have a look.

 

I think it will be a longer story.

 

Byeeeee

 

 

 

bomi xoxo