impossibly possible.

Love In Rewind

 

 

 

impossibly possible.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

That Baekhyun and Chanyeol were in the same team was a good opportunity for them to speak with each other. Especially Chanyeol had do speak up because he couldn't avoid Baekhyun forever. Especially not if they had to see each other every day. Actually avoiding up to now didn't work at all. They did talk to each other just not enough. It was time for Chanyeol to make the first step and ask to start over again though Baekhyun came in between that idea:

 

 

 

"What are you doing here?"

 

 

 

Maybe it wasn't a good idea to have stopped in front of the window of an instrument shop. Chanyeol could see behind his own reflection, Baekhyun who was looking at him. This was a reasonable question because who else would just stop in front of the window? And that for ten minutes? Chanyeol probably should have just gone inside if he was that interested in the guitar. But only seeing it brought back memories, there was a reason he made songs and occasionally played on the rooftop.

 

 

 

 

But it was not like anyone would know about that.

 

 

 

The sound of someone's shoe against the pavement made Chanyeol turn around, breathless and confused. A heartbeat later, the rush of excitement deceased in his chest. He looked straight into Baekhyun's eyes. He expected him the least to show up. At first Chanyeol thought that it was simply Lu Han who wanted to bother him. Or Kai who would ask about where Lu Han was. Just not Baekhyun. Well it was better to talk to him now then later. Because later wouldn't happen.

 

 

 

"What are you doing here?" Baekhyun strutted closer, his arms crossed over his chest and a smile twisting his lips. Brown hair dropped over his brow, identical to the eyes that watched him intensely. "Are you alone here? Me too." He smiled and approached the other more. He was honestly curious about Chanyeol and wanted to know more about him. The only thing he definitely remembered was his love for music. And that was it.

 

 

 

It was no surprise that Chanyeol didn't answer or say a thing. Though this question shivered through Chanyeol's consciousness, moving his thoughts into a mess of feelings. He didn't know if this was worth of ignoring or if he should just play along. But didn't he play along for enough? It flashed through his mind, because he recognised that question. Much like the Baekhyun's face, it had been part of Chanyeol's daily life.

 

 

 

He could remember how Baekhyun came every day to the rooftop and asked the same questions.

 

 

 

Are you alone here?

 

Can you play something for me?

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm alone as you can see." Before Chanyeol could stop himself he already said that. He didn't know why, it just came out. It was strange for Baekhyun to hear Chanyeol's voice as he spoke rarely to him and in general. Anyone would have said it with mockery, an offence loosely masked with politeness, but Chanyeol appeared distressingly sincere. Those dark eyes were penetrating as he turned around, "I have to go." Why was he telling that Baekhyun? He didn't need permission to leave.

 

 

 

That didn't stop Baekhyun from reaching out for Chanyeol's shoulder, "Why do you need to go already? Let's talk." The hand on the shoulder tensed up, and Chanyeol narrowed his eyes as he tried to see where this was going. About what could they possibly talk? That Baekhyun gave him false hope and then ended up dating his best friend? Or the reason why Chanyeol acted like he didn't know him. They had never been awfully close but it was clear that they were close enough to see each other every day.

 

 

 

Understanding this Baekhyun stepped back, his hands shifting down to touch Chanyeol's arm. Fingertips glided deferentially from his elbow down to his wrist, and Chanyeol stared at where they rested. "Can you not-"

 

 

 

"You like me right? You've always liked me."

 

 

 

 

Although there were so many cars rushing by, Chanyeol could only hear those words. He knew that this could happen but were his signs that obvious to understand? "Why do you need confirmation if you know it already...?" In fact Baekhyun should have just kept it in. Disregard it if he didn't feel the same and answer if he did. It was a statement though he didn't phrase it as one. His eyes were cold and empty as they swept back to Baekhyun.

 

 

 

 

This was the first time Baekhyun had seem him like this because Chanyeol rarely showed emotions, "Was it fun for you to lead me on...? I'm trying to forget it so can we not talk about this? We just have to get along as club members." Chanyeol answered quickly. When Baekhyun had asked him a few months ago for the first time if Chanyeol liked him his answer was the same. But the difference was that he actually hoped to be able to tell him how he felt. This probably won't be ever possible because they were now in the same group as Kris.

 

 

This time there was a pained flicker of hope in Chanyeol's gaze. He couldn't do that to Kris. Date an ex. They were still friends. He couldn't bring himself to open an old wound.

 

 

 

"If it's about Kris...you don't need to worry about him. If you like me....then you like me. You can keep liking and then-"

 

 

 

"And then what? You are going to lead me on again?" Chanyeol pursed his lips, his expression darkened as the other eagerly shook his head. "I don't want this anymore. We can just be classmates." Baekhyun's disappointment when hearing that could not have been more obvious if he had written it across his forehead, and a faint pressure of fear was in his chest. He struggled to comprehend that Chanyeol was walking away and was also leaving him alone.

 

 

 

But Baekhyun had no plans of leading him.

 

 

 

"That's not true! Chanyeol listen to me! It's about your feelings!" Yelling after him didn't do much because Chanyeol just continued to walk away. He didn't want to hear any excuses anymore. He was no fool. While he may not have a lot of friends and miss almost everything of importance, he was not so conveniently inattentive when it came to his feelings. Chanyeol actually looked forward to whenever Baekhyun showed up at the rooftop and greeted him.

 

 

 

 

Sighing, Baekhyun watched him with a mixture of sadness and disappointment. The only thing he wanted was Chanyeol to believe that he was being honest with him, but his instincts told him otherwise. The air developed into tightness with undeclared allegations and misunderstood guilt. The only sound on the street was the whistle of the wind and the rustle of his own plastic bag. Was he really wrong?

 

 

 

 

If he was or not, Baekhyun had to definitely clear things up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After a long day Chanyeol was back in his messy but cosy room. He felt better now to have talked about his feelings. Of course he wasn't able to say everything but the most important part was out. That was enough. He didn't want to keep holding it in whenever he saw Baekhyun. Now that he had to be in the same team as Kris it was only fair to clear it all up.

 

 

He threw himself back on his bed and looked up. Chanyeol had expected Baekhyun to come after him or at least try to address the issue. With them being in the same group it was like bringing up the shared attraction that had made itself so plain a few years back. But Chanyeol wasn't sure if it was enough to risk his and Kris' friendship. "What should I do..." He whispered and could only focus his eyes on the ceiling.

 

 

Staying apart from each other or pretend that they didn't know each reminded himself that this decision was for the best. It was not like there was really something between them. Just two guys who sometimes met on the rooftop. Sometimes they talked and sometimes they didn't. The sound of something hitting against his window made Chanyeol raise his eyebrows though he didn't move. Most likely just his imagination.

 

 

 

The sound returned this time louder.

 

 

 

 

Should he check? Chanyeol hesitated, frowning at the undeniable reasonableness of the question. It was creepy because his neighbourhood was usually really quiet and peaceful. The noise didn't stop which was a sign that he pretty much should check and stop whatever it was. He was alone at home so he couldn't even ask for advice because it was kinda dark and kinda strange. 

 

 

 

If he didn't know better, Chanyeol would think that someone was trying to get his attention. But who could that be? It was probably a mistake to have opened the window because a stone collided with his head. He quickly touched it and soon after heard someone apologising. Looking down he saw Baekhyun standing with a couple of stones in his arms. He was also shocked to have hit him as he covered his mouth and let the stones fall down.

 

 

 

 

"Are you okay? Are you injured?" He asked worrying that Chanyeol had actually injured himself or that he wanted to get angry. He was already angry at Baekhyun so there was no need to fuel that anger. Well it was not that he had done that on purpose. He didn't mean to hit him but Baekhyun had to get somehow attention. Because if he would ring the bell then he would be ignored by Chanyeol.

 

 

 

Fortunately Chanyeol seemed fine though he was about to close the windows and the curtains too.

 

 

 

"Wait! Hold on Chanyeol I need to tell you something!" Baekhyun yelled and waved his arms to indicate that Chanyeol should stop and listen.

 

 

This didn't do much because Chanyeol proceeded with closing both windows though Baekhyun couldn't let that happen as he picked up the stone, "I'll throw that again!" He threatened and although it wasn't something to be afraid of Chanyeol narrowed his eyes and slowly opened the windows. He couldn't let his windows be ruined by someone because they have something to tell him. The earlier he would let him talk, the faster Chanyeol could get on with his life.

 

 

Seeing that Chanyeol gave up brought a smile to Baekhyun's lips, "Listen well! I'll only say it once! I've had the biggest crush on you since forever! I know that you won't believe me but I've never liked Kris! He just....helped me to get closer to you..." This was the first time Baekhyun was telling someone about their plan that was meant to be a secret. He and Kris promised not to tell anyone. The thing was that their plan backfired. Instead of being able to be closer to Chanyeol, the latter left them.

 

 

 

He probably did that to give them space but they didn't need that, "Chanyeol I only like you! You won't believe me but it's true! The reason why I came to the rooftop was only because of you!" Baekhyun knew that he was blushing unhealthily much but he had to do that to show that he was sincere with his feelings. He didn't want Chanyeol to feel deceived. How should he have known that Chanyeol would stop coming to school? He seriously didn't know that this would have happened. 

 

 

 

Chanyeol shook his head before shrugging his shoulders. He wasn't going to believe that. It just didn't seem right. Why would Baekhyun out of all people crush on him? When he heard about he knew that something out of place but dismissed it just as quickly. He clenched his teeth as he realised that he was probably being tricked into something again, "Prove it." He said before he could stop himself. How could he have said that? Both Chanyeol and Baekhyun seemed surprised about those words because it didn't fit with Chanyeol's earlier attitude. 

 

 

 

 

"What..." Baekhyun muttered with wide eyes, he didn't expect that.

 

 

 

"Uh...forget that-" It was too late for Chanyeol to change his words because Baekhyun began to answer the question:

 

 

 

"I like it how you are such a nerd! I like it how you are dumb and smart at the same time!"

 

 

 

Baekhyun was literally taking it seriously.

 

 

 

"I like it how you can't answer common sense questions but questions our teachers can't do!"

 

 

"H-Hey!"

 

 

 

"I like it how you are forgetful but you know how to play different instruments!"

 

 

"Enough!"

 

 

 

"I like it how you could tolerate Lu Han but you feel awkward with me in two seconds!"

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol shouldn't have told him to prove it because now he was listing so many different things that were just embarrassing and not worth of liking someone. At least he knew that Baekhyun was genuine when he said that he liked him. Even if that meant that he had to hear those words. At least he knew that it came from his heart.

 

 

 

 

 

"I like it how you took a year to remember my name!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

"SHUT UP!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-x-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Are you done?"

 

 

 

"Yes I am."

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo and Kai both were the only ones left in the clubroom because they had to sort out papers and finish their own homework. The younger one of them took two hours to finish his homework because he kept on calling Lu Han and asked him about dumb and useless stuff. It made Kyungsoo feel kind of uncomfortable because all he heard were compliments from Kai and as soon as he stopped his call he was back to normal.

 

 

 

 

"Now I can finally meet my Lu Han..." Throwing his backpack over one shoulder, Kai pushed the chair against the table and let out a sigh. This was just too much homework and unnecessary stuff they had to do. Around that time he could have been having a date with his crush. It seemed like Kyungsoo was annoyed for some reason as he forcefully pushed his chair against the table.

 

 

 

"I don't know. I had fun." He bluntly said and had for a short moment eye contact with Kai. To say that they were quietly working was not true. They had talked a lot about themselves. Kyungsoo had always thought that Kai was a fun person to be around with so he was happy when they were both told to stay behind by Chen and sort out their club papers. The other members probably didn't know about Kai liking chicken or hating socks. They probably just saw him as some maniac who ran after Lu Han.

 

 

 

 

It was sad for Kyungsoo to think about that but Kai didn't have a clue about Lu Han being not single. He didn't want to tell him because it would only break his heart. Also it wasn't his business so he didn't know why he should get into that. However he couldn't ignore that he had to bring Kai on different thoughts so that he could slowly but surely forget Lu Han. Later on if the relationship would be revealed it wouldn't hurt that much for him.

 

 

"Why do you like Lu Han that much?" Finally he managed it to ask this highly anticipated question.

 

 

Well Kai didn't need to think long, "He's cute."

 

 

 

"I'm cute." This was Kyungsoo's answer which caused Kai to spit the water out that he was drinking.

 

 

 

"He's pretty."

 

 

 

"I'm pretty."

 

 

 

 

Was Kyungsoo being serious? "He's kind-hearted and a very nice person." Kai swooned and this was seriously cringe worthy. None of those were actually reasons to like someone. It was pretty much platonic. You could have said this package to anyone else, it didn't make Lu Han stand out from other people. He should have surely said something different. Putting the water bottle into his backpack, Kai looked up and saw that Kyungsoo was staring right back at him.

 

 

 

 

"I'm also called nice and kind-hearted. You might as well start liking me." Kyungsoo slightly blushed as he walked out of the door and hoped that the other didn't see that. He did not know what came over himself. Why should Kai do that? That was dumb.

 

 

Kai for once blushed too.  He usually did not blush a lot even with Lu Han being there. So why was he doing it now? He should pull himself together. What if Lu Han would see him like that? Wouldn’t he feel betrayed?

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I-I...can't....you aren't Lu Ha…n..."

 

 

 

 

But why was his heart beating so fast?

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________

Next chapter is last!

 

It will be kinda long.

 

bomi xoxo