future son-in-law Lu.

Love In Rewind

 

 

 

 

future son-in-law Lu.

 

 

 

 

 

It couldn't get any worse- it seriously couldn't. This timing was too bad to be true. They had always visited this particular bubble tea shop so why was Suho suddenly there? When exactly did he start working? The one they wanted to avoid the most was serving them. How funny. Sehun unconcernedly clutched the new cup since Lu Han had placed it back on the table. Then he took a hold of Lu Han's wrist, drawing him up to stand.

 

 

"Sehun- where are you going?" Suho asked in misperception because the other rushed out of the door with Lu Han tripping behind him.

 

 

Like Sehun he was also confused that they would meet like that. Suho was aware that Sehun liked bubble tea but seeing him in this particular shop was unforeseen. Specifically with that boy who was always with him together. Could it be that they had something going on? He couldn't continue to dwell on those thoughts because he was called by a co-worker. Finally he moved his eyes away from the door and turned back.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Sehun we can walk slower now! He isn't behind us!" Lu Han heavily breathed out, exhausted from all the running. His stamina was never good so he was lucky that Sehun stopped running and halted next to a bench. It didn't take long for Lu Han to sit down on the bench and catch his breath. He was lucky that he could now finally rest after all this stress.

 

 

 

Sehun could not really blame him for being so caught off guard. He also didn't know that Suho was there too. How should he have known? It was pretty much impossible because he rarely knew what Suho was up to. So this was a big surprise. Now Sehun sat down too, trying to find a way to handle this situation. It was difficult because them running off made everything worse.

 

On the other hand it was the only thing they could have done. If they would have stayed then they would have had to talk to Suho. Sehun honestly struggled to believe that he was purely thinking of the best solution. What if Suho would keep his mouth shut? Well they have been in the same school for so long. And up to know they hadn't talked to each other. Sehun liked to believe that it would continue to be like that though the chances were low.

 

 

Because Suho started trying to talk to Sehun again.

 

 

"What if..." Lu Han couldn't quite put his finger on it, but there was something they hadn't included, "...Suho isn't like that anymore?" Wow, to think that Sehun had the exact same assumption going through his mind. It made enough sense. But then this was the same person who used words like 'friendship kiss'. Sehun made a weird face and gave him bubble tea to shut Lu Han up for a moment.

 

 

 

 

"Yeah maybe." Sehun without a second thought responded.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-x-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Escaping Suho seemed like an impossible task when they found out that he was Lu Han's new neighbour. But how was Lu Han supposed to know? He didn't keep up with his neighbours. It was a surprise for him too when he had seen Suho leave his house across Lu Han's. Fortunately he didn't see them and was staring at his phone the whole time. What if he would find out that Lu Han was living close to him? Would he ask him questions? 

 

 

 

"Maybe you are just taking it too serious." Lu Han smiled as he sat down on his bed next to Sehun who was visiting him. Was he really taking it too serious? He really didn't want to leave Lu Han so the possibility that his father would find out was still irritating. He could tell that Lu Han leaned on his shoulder. It was warm, very calm, and very indicative of all the times he was so close to him.

 

 

Since they had to avoid Kai and the other members there weren't a lot of moments for them to be together. Especially with Sehun who disliked skinship and shoved Lu Han always away whenever he leaned in to closely. But here they were alone and Lu Han would be able to overshower him with love as much as he wanted to. He should be grateful that he was getting the love Kai could only dream of. Sehun was indeed very very lucky to have someone like Lu Han.

 

 

He smiled drowsily against Sehun's shoulder, "I can talk to this Suho if you want. To be honest I actually want to meet him as well." At first he thought to himself that he shouldn't tell Sehun and meet him in secret. But then Sehun was very skilled in finding things out so he would sooner or later know about it. It could also be that Lu Han was horrible at keeping secrets well and would surely end up telling him.

 

 

To his defence, it was not like he would be able to avoid Suho as he was his neighbour, "If you want to." Sehun retorted calmly back, not bothering to credit the surprised gasp coming from the other, "If you can then try to meet him. Be as presentable as possible and don't be embarrassing. Please."  He paused again, thinking of the chances that Suho would possibly accept Lu Han. If it would actually happen then Sehun didn't have to fear anything really.

 

 

Except the possibility that Lu Han would mess up and do dumb things which 99.9% of the time happened.

 

 

Maybe it was just in Lu Han's blood but there were obvious moments when Lu Han wouldn't even notice how embarrassing he was. He would turn around without a clue and ask what would be wrong. How was that possible to be so dumb and smart at the same time? Lu Han had no problems with blackmailing but as soon as he would be asked to do normal things he would turn into an awkward mess.

 

 

Hearing that Sehun didn't have a problem with the meeting made Lu Han overjoyed. He shook the younger's arm with a bright smile, "Really?! You'll let me?! I swear I won't embarrass myself! Really!" That meant in other words that he would surely embarrass himself but he would pretend that he didn't. Lu Han grinned to himself and reached out for his guitar which lay on his pillow. Although the competition was over he was still practicing by himself. 

 

 

 

"Shall I sing you a love song? As a thank you for letting me?" He asked with a smile as he plucked a few strings.

 

 

 

Sehun sighed while his eyes were focused on the ceiling, "No thank you."

 

 

 

"Okay I will! Listen well!" Lu Han smiled and began to randomly strum. He just wanted to lighten up the mood a little even if that meant that he had to make up a song. He hadn't prepared anything so it was time to improvise, "Sehun~ I love you~ more than tracksuits~" He began to sing and this was when Sehun grabbed two pillows to press them against his ears. He laid back on the bed and could only hope that Lu Han would just shut his mouth.

 

 

"Sehun~ Sehun~ Sehun~ I don't know any lyrics~" Lu Han played a random tune on his guitar that didn't even fit to what he was saying.

 

 

"Be quiet! You sound horrible!" Sehun complained, complaining without a thought. When Lu Han had been at the singing competition he sounded perfectly fine. So was he doing this now on purpose? Because he was currently saying nonsense and muffled the words while sneaking in 'love' as much as he could. Sehun turned, his back now facing Lu Han who finished his song with a strident high note.

 

 

"And what did you think? You liked it right? My love declaration~" Lu Han blushed after putting his guitar aside for a moment. He obviously didn't receive an answer that caused him to pout. He had done his best so a little bit of praising was something he deserved. It never came so Lu Han couldn't help but whine. He shifted closer to the other and placed both of his hands on Sehun's shoulder.

 

 

 

Out of impulse, Sehun turned back around. He hasn't expected that so he was slightly shocked as well. Good for Lu Han because he wanted some attention that he had never gotten. He absent-mindedly moved his hand to Sehun's face. Then he cupped his hand round Sehun's jaw and eventually pushed his cheeks together, "That's what you get for not listening to me!" He smirked and shifted even closer to pull some more.

 

 

 

"Stop it. Or I'll break your nose." Sehun coldly said which made Lu Han halt and pull his hands away. Both of them knew after all that Sehun would do that and Lu Han didn't want anything to be broken. He was lucky that Sehun didn't burn his tracksuits like he had threatened. He couldn't stand it that Lu Han had to stay behind in class for wearing those clothes. The reason for that was that Sehun also had to stay behind because he had to wait for his boyfriend.

 

 

The annoyance gradually faded from Sehun's expression as his eyes to properly look at the other. Lu Han was only a few inches from his face. "You got prettier." He unconsciously muttered when he had the opportunity to look straight into Lu Han's oddly shining, bright eyes. They looked brighter than they usually were, "I know. You don't need to tell me~" Lu Han smirked, then he bursted out into happy laughter, prompting a sigh from Sehun.

 

 

He shouldn't have said that, "I lied. You look uglier day by day." Sehun mumbled but he knew that the other was far from listening. He nodded and instead realised he really was being watched. Those glances from Sehun were often hidden under his disinterested expression. He didn't want anyone to know that he was actually affected by something or even someone’s expressions.

 

 

In this second no words were exchanged which was awkward. So Sehun was back with his typical behaviour as he gave Lu Han a reluctant glare, "Don't look at me. I know I'm handsome. Nothing new. You should better think of ways to impress my dad."

 

 

Understanding that he was caught looking, Lu Han's cheeks were flushed red from uncertainty. "I-I will impress him in my own way!" The blush didn't fade- it got stronger when Sehun raised his eyebrow in consideration. He didn't that this would be possible for someone like Lu Han. He was way too childish to be able to talk to Sehun's father. A try couldn't hurt though so why not? He just hoped that he wouldn't do something dumb and uncalled for.

 

 

"Really? Don't you dare to sing a weird song or bring your weird guitar!  Don't wear your weird tracksuit either." The tracksuit was very important to Lu Han but if he really loved Sehun then he wouldn't wear it.  Lu Han had to be normal at the meeting Sehun had made that already clear. He stared at Lu Han for so long until he would nod. Both were laying next to each other- face to face as Sehun reached up, his palm pressed to the side of Lu Han's cheek.

 

 

Rubbing his thumb against his cheek, Sehun pushed Lu Han's head towards him. He kissed him briefly as Lu Han's heart stumbled before racing into quick speed. He didn't know what to say or think because it had always been him who started a kiss. Sehun had rarely kissed him. And when he did it was usually Lu Han who forced him to. So this was for sure a nice change.

 

 

"Don't worry. It will be fine." Sehun whispered against Lu Han's lips and leaned in closer another time. There was a moment of short-lived hesitation but it soon vanished when their lips met. Lu Han tilted his head, his heart pounding like it never had done before as those lips brushed slowly against his own. He could feel that Sehun's hand was on his cheek, to hold it on place and also caress him.

 

 

"If your dad says no...what's going to happen then? Shall I kidnap you?" Because this was what Lu Han would do if their relationship would turn into a forbidden one. Those words echoed in Sehun's head, so loud they covered everything else. He had understandably thought about that possibility but now when it came into his mind...he wouldn't. There was no way that Sehun would ever break up with Lu Han.

 

 

Sehun tried to speak, to explain that it was a little insignificant likelihood but seeing Lu Han's expecting expression was too cute. He couldn't even start properly without having to smile at him, "You can try to kidnap me. I won't leave anyway." It was not like anyone else excluding Kai would dare to date someone like Lu Han. He was just too much for the average person. The only to keep him and place was Sehun alone.

 

 

"Really? If you'll leave then I'll blackmail you~" Happy with the answer, Lu Han buried his face into Sehun's chest. He would be able to count on Sehun because he knew how treacherous Lu Han could really be. He blinked down at him, tight worry flashing across his face. It was not something to be honestly worried about but it was not all rainbow and sunshine. They could easily joke around but when it would actually happen they had to be prepared.

 

 

"You aren't even ashamed to admit that. Seriously..." Sehun sighed, concern collapsing under the complete burden of his apprehension. He could not know if they will ever publicly announce that they were together which included his friends. They would sooner or later sense that there was something going on between them. Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Lay, Kris and Kyungsoo knew anyway but it was the other ones who were oblivious. With every clue they could gather, they were adding up to Lu Han’s guilt. The major reason was that they didn't want to break Kai's heart.

 

 

 

 

The other reason was that they were simply too lazy to announce their relationship.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-x-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lu Han actually didn't have such a plan. He didn't want to do it but then he remembered that his and Sehun's relationship would be in danger. On the next day, he patiently looked for Suho in the whole school to talk to him. He urgently had to talk to him before Sehun would find out. It was not like he knew Suho's schedule though he was lucky when he once heard him laugh. He could clearly hear him speaking on a phone because there was only the sound of one person walking.

 

 

 

Hastily, to not be sighted, Lu Han ran into a random empty classroom and then slightly closed the door. He would wait until Suho would pass him and then tug him in. "It has to work..." Those were his words and soon his thoughts fell silent, blanked out by the sound of the upcoming steps. Now he had to act very fast and careful so that Suho wouldn't be able to say a word. The steps got louder with every second and when he sighted Suho close enough, Lu Han grabbed his arm and pulled him inside.

 

 

It happened and there wasn't a way to reverse this, "Sorry but it's urgent!" Lu Han pressed his eyes shut for a moment before running to the door and locking it. "I seriously have to talk to you." He heavily breathed out while Suho looked at the other in confusion. At least he seemed like he was ready to listen because he turned his phone off. Relief felt like the suitable emotion, but Lu Han was instead immersed with displeasure.

 

 

 

"You are...Sehun's boyfriend?" Suho asked and tipped his head to one side, his inconstant eyes narrowing as he took in the nervous expression on Lu Han's face, "Is there something you want to tell me? Is it about Sehun and you?" Seeing Lu Han giving a short nod was enough for an answer. His shoulders slumped as his gaze fell away. He didn't say anything more so that Lu Han could continue with whatever he wanted to say.

 

 

 

All of a sudden Lu Han got shy and fiddled with his fingers. He didn't know how to start even though everything was already planned in his mind. When he raised his head and looked up, he could see the indirect alteration of excitement across Suho's features. "Please don't tell Sehun's dad about me....I don't want to be separated from Sehun. But if you decide to tell him then please say only good stuff about me!"

 

 

 

Suho could only blink, "Even if I wanted to I don't know you. I won't say anything anyway. I just want Sehun to be with someone good." He lifted his chin, uneasiness substituted by self-confidence as he quickly spoke. "You don't really seem that bad so why are you worrying?" It was strange for him that Lu Han out of nowhere decided to look for him. Well Suho could understand since he used to snitch on Sehun when they were younger but that was the past.

 

 

 

"I know! I know! I'm not bad right?" Finally Lu Han found someone who agreed. Finally, because Sehun kept on saying that he was horrible and he couldn't really ask someone else. It was a good feeling to know that he was not being downplayed. "Sehun says that I would be a horrible son-in-law even though I can sing and play guitar! I'm so freaking talented!" He rushed to the other who was totally caught off guard by Lu Han holding his hands.

 

 

 

 

"Uh...I guess-" Suho couldn't say much to it because Lu Han already interrupted him:

 

 

 

"I'm good looking, sing well and lead a club! What else would you like in a son-in-law?!" He smiled was satisfied, no doubt pleased that Suho had gotten the point of the explanation. Lu Han was talented in many ways but Sehun chose to nit-pick about the littlest things. He was sure that the father would like him. Even Suho was agreeing so whatever Sehun said was irrelevant.

 

 

 

"Future job maybe? Studyin-"

 

 

 

Again Suho was caught off by Lu Han's loud laugh, "I'm going to be a model with such a face! Maybe singer too. Chen can be my backup dancer. Kai can be my driver!"

 

 

 

As he furrowed his eyebrows, Suho was visibly confused. "Who are they?" But Lu Han's arm was quickly thrown over his shoulder. He was surely happy that Suho approved of him because that meant that he was one step closer with being accepted into the Oh household. It could also be the time to befriend him in any case. Lu Han actually wanted to have a lot of friends and Suho seemed kind enough. It would be a nice change to have him around. He could also speak about embarrassing things that happened to Sehun when he was younger. Lu Han wanted to hear every little sing. He would bother Sehun with that for a long, long time.

 

 

 

 

"My friends I guess. They are also from the music club. I would advise you to join and take a friend with you so you can vote for me and I can become the leader."

 

 

 

 

 

"What."

 

 

 

 

Suho was after all not that bad.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Next chapter is baekyeol and kaisoo ^^

 

Love in Rewind is coming to an end and will soon be replaced by count to 3 :)

 

Please tell me what you think about this chapter!

 

bomi xoxo