genius or idiot.

Love In Rewind

 

 

 

 

genius or idiot.

 

 

 

 

 

 

This was one of those awkward moments. Since Lu Han had agreed to merge the two groups together, they all had to meet up. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were still against the idea but they stopped complaining. That wouldn't change anything anyway. But that didn't mean that they would stop glaring. Now Tao, Chen, Kris and Lay were sitting across of Lu Han, Chanyeol, Kai, Kyungsoo and Sehun. They were having a meeting or whatever it was called. 

 

 

 

"Why do we have be one group? Didn't they lose?" Tao sneered and didn't try to hide his confusion. Why did they have to share their and club? They didn't lose. So they didn't have a reason to be together with them. They just had to leave. How difficult was that? Not at all.

 

 

 

"Technically we won okay?! Get off your high horse!" Why would Kai let himself and his group be insulted like that? Actually they didn't get insulted and it was true that they lost but those words were still hurtful. Well it hurt Kai's ego. As much as he loved Lu Han, this was why he didn't want to be together with Chen's team. He would have to see Tao 24/7 which was beyond annoying.

 

 

Banging his fists on the table, Tao narrowed his eyes, "Technically?! TECHNICALLY?! THERE IS NO TECHNICALLY! WE WON FAIR AND SQUARE! YOU WERE THE ONES WHO SABOTAGED US!"

 

 

Kai loudly gasped and covered Lu Han's ears, whispering comforting words to him. "Don't listen to him! Sabotaging is a good thing. Your idea was great!" He smiled because Lu Han would feel surely bad if someone would say that his ideas were wrong. They were wrong but it was still right because it was Lu Han who proposed them. It couldn't just fail because Lu Han was a genius. A genius Kai liked and trusted a lot.

 

 

Someone tapped his shoulder, breaking into his thoughts, and he glanced around to see Baekhyun, giving him a dirty look. "You are such an-...I don't even have words for it!" It was just disgusting to see Kai so lovestruck when Lu Han looked like he just wanted to jump out of the window. His expression was very flat and calm but internally he was fighting with himself.

 

 

There was a hint of a familiar smirk and a lifted eyebrow from Kai. "That's love."

 

 

 

 

"Ew."

 

 

" you."

 

 

"Disgusting."

 

 

 

 

"Don't make me sick!" Lu Han pretended to gag from this declaration and unwillingly made their rival team laugh. Even Tao who always gave the impression of wanting to kill Kai loosened up for a moment. Lu Han knew that everyone excluding Chanyeol and Sehun had laughed. The reason was clear why Chanyeol didn't crack a smile but Sehun's lack of reaction bothered Lu Han.

 

 

 

Why was he so quiet?

 

 

 

He wouldn't have laughed anyway but the feeling was doubtfully different. He looked out of the window and wasn't paying attention to anything around him. As if his mind was really somewhere else. Lu Han had learned and was trying to stay out of Sehun's way because he knew what would happen if he didn't. Kai caught Lu Han staring at Sehun but he decided to not say a word. A simple gaze could mean anything so he didn't want to misinterpret it.

 

 

 

A low line of tension hummed between both groups as their eyes kept flicking around the room.

 

 

 

 

"Wouldn't we have to elect a new leader? I mean we are now operating as one group." That was what had shattered the silence as all eyes (except from Sehun) were on Kyungsoo who had assumed that. Wasn't it obvious in a way? There had to be a leader. Nobody talked but they nodded their heads to agree. In reality they were trying to force the others to vote for them. Lu Han felt threatened that his position was in danger now.

 

 

 

Baekhyun had eye contact with literally everyone from the other team to communicate with them.

 

 

 

Do not vote for Lu Han

 

 

 

 

Lay didn't understand this, "Why? I think he's a great leader." In what way even? What did he do? It was more than obvious that he was just trying to be polite to Lu Han. Well in this case politeness didn't do much. It was useless. But that was evidently too much for Lay to comprehend so he continued to innocently smile. Next to him Kris face-palmed and pulled an ugly face. Being oblivious was not always ideal- especially not in such a situation.

 

 

 

"I agree! Let's all vote for Lu Han!" Kai joined forces that caused Lu Han to loudly laugh and clap his hands:

 

 

 

"Yay! Thank you Kai; I love you!" He cheered and pushed his thumbs up. This however seemed to have been taken seriously by Kai who couldn't believe what he had just heard. After so long...those three words? He had always known that Lu Han liked him the best. It sounded crazy but he sometimes thought that Lu Han could like Sehun. It really sounded dumb. They didn't fit together, not at all.

 

 

 

Before Kai could have thrown himself into Lu Han's arms the elder abruptly got up and let Kai fall down.

 

 

 

"Hell no!" Lu Han was on the verge of choking from laughing so much. Why would he ever go to Kai? Out of all people? He did mean 'I love you' sincerely but rather in a friendly way. When Kai was back on his feet he couldn't bring himself to glare.  He just couldn't be mad at Lu Han. He barely noticed that someone was dusting something from his shoulder. Kyungsoo was the one because he couldn't stand the dust on Kai's uniform.

 

 

 

"I think it's time to vote now. Everyone should write now a name of someone we would like to nominate." Chen proposed and within a couple of minutes, they all were writing names of the ones down they had wanted on the list. Lu Han wrote his own name big which almost took the space of his whole paper. Of course he had to be once more the leader. He was the best from them all anyway. He just needed to get enough votes from each of them. 

 

 

Lu Han already had Kai's vote, Kyungsoo's probably and Chanyeol's maybe because he was his guitar teacher. Baekhyun was a selfish so no and Sehun was daydreaming.

 

 

 

Four votes out of ten sounded good.

 

 

If he had half of the votes though, he wouldn't be able to lose. He needed to persuade someone, Lay or Sehun? Unfortunately it was difficult to pressure Lay because he didn't lift his head and was surely doodling now on his paper. Annoyed, Lu Han moved, turning his head to look Sehun in the eyes. There was so much light to make out his appearance and the gentleness in his gaze, and when he spoke his voice was barely over a whisper:

 

 

 

"Vote for me okay?" He tugged the side of Sehun's shirt while he asked that.

 

 

 

Sehun did not miss the begging hint to those words, and he turned to face Lu Han fully, "I'll vote for the one who's the most capable okay?" Apparently Sehun was feeling a bit better and wasn't staring out of the window anymore. But this answer was too vague. What did he mean with most capable? Lu Han was the most capable....right? He tugged the other again and shamelessly asked, "That's me right?"

 

 

 

"Can't tell you." That was the answer from Sehun who closed his eyes and folded his paper in half.

 

 

 

"If you didn't vote for me I'll break up with you." Lu Han sweetly smiled and also turned back to his paper to fold it.

 

 

 

"You are heartless."

 

 

 

 

 

After a few minutes, Lay stood up with a bucket (it was laying around) in his hand. He waited for them all to place their votes inside. Firstly he collected the four votes from his team and then the six other. They decided that they would write the number of votes for each one on the blackboard. Lay also had to do that because they needed someone unbiased. Not someone like Kai who would probably read out everything as 'Lu Han'.

 

 

 

Being together in a room with Kris was actually not that bad. Chanyeol thought that he would die from the awkwardness but he never did. Perhaps it was because it had been so long but the feeling of being together in a room with Baekhyun and Kris was strange. Very strange. He was glad though that neither of them tried to make weird eye-contact with him. That would be too much. He just wanted to concentrate in being in here.

 

 

Lay put his hand into the bucket while Baekhyun was standing in front of the board to write the name down, "First vote is for Lu Han." He showed the rest of the members the paper so they would know that it was true. One eyebrow was raised in consideration from Baekhyun, "Don't tell me he's going to be the leader again." He could already tell who gave that particular vote as a heart was next to Lu Han's name.

 

 

Baekhyun shot a pointed look at Kai, who completely ignored it, because he had better things to do. Of course he would vote for his love wasn't that given? There was no need to act so surprised.

 

 

 

"Keep going." Kris groaned because he did not have time for a staring battle between them.

 

 

 

The next vote was pulled out, "Chen." It said which caused the other group to mischievously smirk. Lu Han couldn't believe this! They had the same tactic as him. If all four of them would vote for Chen and Baekhyun would betray Lu Han, then they would get five votes. That meant that they couldn't lose either. But this was Lu Han's idea! It was not fair to steal ideas.

 

 

 

Well Lu Han was the last person on earth to talk about fairness as he was a blackmailer but still.

 

 

 

"Lu Han." Lay read out and from the looks of it, it was Lu Han's own paper.

 

 

"Chen." That must have been Tao's vote.

 

 

"Lu Han." This could be Kyungsoo's one.

 

 

"Chen." you Kris; I trusted you.

 

 

"Lu Han." Chanyeol's one.

 

 

"Chen." Whatever, it was Lay's vote.

 

 

"Lu Han." Sehun wouldn't disappoint me.

 

 

 

Now all Lu Han needed to hear was his name then he would win. He was already in the safe zone with five votes but he needed one more to win. If he would just have one more vote then he would be the leader and all of them would have to listen to him. The last vote was from Baekhyun and if he was somehow human then he would have to vote for Lu Han. They were on the same team so he obviously had to vote for him. There was no other way.

 

 

Although Lu Han somehow suspected that Baekhyun wouldn't vote for him just because. They were friends but Baekhyun had never really acknowledged Lu Han's leadership skills. He always nagged and said that Lu Han as a leader. But this time, only this time Lu Han wanted to hear his vote. If Baekhyun wouldn't let him down then Lu Han would surely buy him something to eat.

 

 

He really would do anything.

 

 

 

"And the last vote says...uh..." Lay narrowed his eyes as he had troubles with reading the writing. Whoever had written it was surely not someone with a good handwriting. Or Lay was just a bad reader because he kept his eyes narrowed and then tilted his head. He seriously couldn't read that writing. They were just meant to write a name so why was the writing so messed up?

 

 

"Come on! Are you illiterate or what?!" Lu Han stood up because this was too annoying to be true. It was the most important vote that decided between life and death. Not really, but for Lu Han it could have been. If he would really lose this then he wouldn't be the leader anymore. Nobody would be obligated to listen to his orders. Excluding Sehun because he was his boyfriend and had to listen to him anyway.

 

 

 

 

Lay held the paper confused up, "Can someone read this for me?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

-x-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It turned out that Baekhyun's vote was the last one.

 

 

 

For whom did he vote?

 

 

 

 

Chen of course which was a huge ' you' to Lu Han. He knew that he couldn't trust him. More than once, Baekhyun had proved that he did everything to annoy Lu Han. Not even Kai had noticed that his crush was being threatened. And now Sehun who was walking next to him; didn't encourage his boyfriend. It was not that Lu Han lost because 5:5 was a tie but he was still angry.

 

 

"Why are you frowning like that?" Finally Sehun had noticed that the other was not feeling happy. It was written over Lu Han's face that he did not want to speak about that. He just wanted to go to the library and then sleep. If there was one person who was frowning then it had to be Sehun.

 

 

"I could have said the same thing about you. You barely spoke. Is this because of yesterday?" Lu Han countered as he wanted to know what was wrong with Sehun. Sometimes Lu Han believed his own lies that Sehun was fine and nothing but the truth would always be there. Even if insignificant, miserable and shocking. Now that they both were walking around alone in the hallway, Sehun would feel more comfortable and tell him what was wrong.

 

 

Lu Han thought that Sehun would try to change the subject or just not talk, but he was positively surprised when he did, "My dad wants to get me with some girl. He doesn't know you exist because my mum and I never told him." Although he confessed like that, there was something about him. He seemed too relaxed? Shouldn't he have worried if he father would ever find out? Because now it seemed that Sehun had in reality different worries.

 

 

"Wait what?! You are going to lea- you aren't right? You are going to tell him about me right...?" Lu Han grabbed the other's elbow and stared at him. He had dreaded that something like this would happen but he wasn't prepared for it to be confirmed. But somehow the anger never appeared. Instead there was curiosity, misperception and apprehension. There was nothing to be angry about though Sehun was positively surprised when Lu Han didn't freak out that badly.

 

 

Looking ahead in silence, Sehun felt the first prompts of guilt. "You don't need to cry around. I'm not going to break up with you." Of course he wouldn't, he would be crazy to do that. Sehun for now just needed to keep this all a secret. Even if his father would find out, it was not that he would disown Sehun or anything like that. Sehun just wanted to keep a positive relationship with his parents. Nothing more, nothing less.

 

 

 

"R-Really? If not then I will kill you! I don't care about going to prison!" Lu Han exclaimed and wrapped both of his arms around Sehun's.

 

 

"Hm."

 

 

"I swear I'll beat you up!"

 

 

"Yeah yeah."

 

 

 

"You are going to pathetically crawl back to me and beg for forgiveness-" A hand on Lu Han's mouth stopped him from keep going and then he was pulled against a wall by Sehun. He couldn't even ask what was going on because Sehun didn't remove his hand and pressed himself more against a Lu Han. Shortly after, voices were heard from no more than two people who were talking with each other. Didn't Sehun want to be seen by them or what?

 

 

Lu Han's curiosity and the sudden shock was bigger than his shyness so there was no time to blush. He slightly moved his head to the left to simply peek at them. "Don't move." Sehun whispered and Lu Han immediately halted all of his thoughts to not move. But how was he supposed to know who they were? Would Sehun tell him later or what? He doubted it really, Lu Han had to find out on his own.

 

 

 

There was no guarantee that Sehun would tell him a word.

 

 

 

Soon after, the two guys who were talking, walked passed them. They didn't see any of them which was good. Lu Han still didn't know why but he assumed it was because Sehun pulled away and let out a sigh, "He's literally everywhere..." He muttered annoyed, he couldn't do this every single time. First he waited for them on that one night and now he showed up here? Sehun just hoped that this was a coincidence.

 

 

"Isn't this the same guy who waved at us?" Lu Han asked baffled as he finally understood who that person was. He couldn't see him properly but from the way Sehun reacted he could tell that it had to be him.

 

 

"You recognised him?" Sehun asked because he honestly didn't expect Lu Han's peanut sized brain to keep up with that information.

 

 

Letting out a sound of annoyance, Lu Han hit Sehun's chest. "I'm not dumb! Of course I did! Kinda..." He trailed off but actually rather murmured that. He did not need to say another word. It was all carried in his tone: suspicion, but not disapproval. In fact, there was something almost like optimism there. Lu Han was glad that they were back to that topic because now Lu Han could finally know what was up with that guy.

 

 

Sehun quickly opened his mouth to voice out an argument, but he stopped. This wasn't the right time and place to talk about that. "Let's go somewhere else. I'll tell you everything." He took a hold of Lu Han's wrist and pulled the shorter after him. It was anyway no use of dodging and avoiding talking about that. The sooner Lu Han would know, the better for them.

 

 

 

 

 

He just hoped that Lu Han wouldn't misunderstand why Sehun was lately so annoyed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-x-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Do you understand now?"

 

 

 

 

 

Biting the straw as hard as he could, Lu Han slowly nodded his head after listening to Sehun's story. That sounded ridiculous. The person who had waved at them was someone Sehun knew for a long time. They were maybe even friends if that was logically possibility. When Lu Han had asked if they could go to the bubble tea shop he didn't think that the story would be that serious. Because Sehun was a person who took everything very serious.

 

 

This weird guy was called Suho who was the son of Sehun's father's business partner. They practically grew up together as their fathers were long-time friends and worked together side by side. The thing was, Suho was the complete opposite from Sehun. Outstanding grades, polite and had quite a number of friends. He always wanted Sehun to do well in school and basically in life. That's why he always lectured Sehun how he should live his life.

 

 

 

If Suho would find out about Lu Han he would certainly tell Mr Oh about it.

 

 

 

 

"This sly fox!" Lu Han whispered exasperated and angrily began to drink. He had anyway gotten a bad vibe from Suho when he smiled at them. If he would be responsible for them breaking up then Lu Han would make sure to break his bones.

 

 

 

Leaning back, Sehun rolled his eyes. "He's not a bad person. He just wants me to grow up well. No offence but you are the worst son-in-law a parent could wish for."

 

 

 

Lu Han just laughed, "No offence taken~"

 

 

you.

 

 

 

 

"But does that mean you would marry me?" He asked since Sehun did unconsciously (or not) imply that. They had never spoken about marriage before so this literally came out of nowhere. Lu Han did expect Sehun to insult him but not like that. Still, seeing Sehun shrug his shoulders was something like a yes. He after all didn't deny that. Quickly, Lu Han moved forwards and briefly kissed Sehun when he was about to drink.

 

 

 

 

"Excuse me did you order anothe-"

 

 

 

 

The worker who was holding a cup of chocolate bubble tea stared at Lu Han and Sehun in silence. His eyes were fixed on Sehun's slightly confused face until it finally rang, "Sehun?" He asked and this was the moment where Sehun just wanted to run away. Suho was standing in front of them wearing an apron which showed that he was working at that place. And he most definitely had seen both of them kiss, he surely had.

 

 

 

Blushing hard Lu Han took the new cup and then scoffed, "Uh...we aren't dating! T-That was a friendship kiss!"

 

 

 

 

Followed by that Suho and Sehun had awkward eye-contact.

 

 

 

 

Peanut sized brain.

 

 

 

Definitely.

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

 

It's finally there!!

Sorry for any mistakes!
 

Hope you liked this!

 

bomi xoxo