Give and take

The angel within
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunhyuk fidgeted restlessly outside the door, not caring that people who passed by were giving him weird looks. He was nervous and the fact that he had no other options made him even more uneasy. Long fingers stretched towards the door and curled around the knob, hesitating against the cool metal before turning it reluctantly.

Mr Park or Leeteuk as Eunhyuk called him, smiled warmly and led the younger to the couch, taking a seat opposite him. Sinking into the soft material beneath him, Eunhyuk let the doctor give him a once over, sighing when Leeteuk brought out a voice recorder and his notebook.

“He came out again. Hyukjae that is. Twice so far.” Eunhyuk gushed, succumbing to his fears as he told Leeteuk about the two incidents, breathing unstable when he finished. Slouching into the cushions, he held tightly onto an owl plushie that the doctor was rather fond of. He was weak, unable to control himself like he would have liked to.

Trembling under pressure, a single tear escaped his single lidded eyes as he leaned his head back and struggled to calm himself again. “I may not be able to understand the pain that you’re currently in, but I can that you’re very brave Eunhyuk-ah. Don’t ever doubt yourself.” Leeteuk said gently, reaching out a hand to pat the latter’s knee as he felt the younger shiver under his touch.

Eunhyuk moaned softly, standing up on his feet suddenly, a shrill laugh coming from his parted lips. “Brave? How am I brave? I want to do what other guys my age can do. I want to hold someone, be loved, touched and cherished. But I can’t. I’m an outcast, never to fit into this world.” More tears poured down his face, the wall around his heart breaking within mere seconds as he collapsed onto the floor, drawing his knees to his chest.

Leeteuk felt his heart break as he stood up hesitantly. Sighing when he saw the shell of a broken boy on his carpet, he slowly wrapped his arms around the vulnerable chairman’s shoulders, hushing him as he rocked Eunhyuk in his embrace. After a good half an hour of sobbing and hiccupping, Eunhyuk managed to pick himself up.

“So, other than Hyukjae, have the others visited too?” Leeteuk asked the question cautiously, well aware that Eunhyuk was sensitive about this topic. Shaking his head, the doctor smiled in relief and placed his notebook onto the coffee table.

“I think you’re in the process of recovering. It’s been 10 years since Elijah had appeared and 7 for Harris. Hyukjae may be an exception since he only surfaces when you feel upset or angry.” Eunhyuk felt a chill run down his spine when the doctor brought up the two names he detested the most. He would rather have Hyukjae take control of his body than the psychopath or savage.

Elijah was a 15 year old psychopath who was fond of finding animals like snakes, birds or wild rabbits and cutting them open. He often enjoyed digging out their hearts and collecting them in a box which he hid behind Choco’s canal. Harris would usually surface after Elijah, searching for the buried animals and the box to devour their corpses.

Eunhyuk felt a wave of nausea crash onto him as he grabbed a water bottle and chugged the liquid down. “Now Eunhyuk, if you don’t mind me asking, are you currently interested in anyone?” Leeteuk’s question thoroughly startled the chairman as he choked on the water. The doctor let an amused smile slid onto his face as the younger turned to glare hatefully at him.

“No. What makes you say that?” Eunhyuk growled, quickly flicking away the little image of a rather irritating marketing director that popped into mind. Leeteuk chuckled wholeheartedly, shaking his head before adjusting his shirt. “Nothing much. You just seem less stressed out now.” Eunhyuk scoffed, thinking that Leeteuk must be out of his mind just as his phone rang.

Fishing the device out of the back pocket of his jeans, he groaned when he realised that it work related. Contemplating whether or not he should pick it up or not, he finally tapped on the answer button and wedged the phone between his shoulder and ear. Bidding Leeteuk goodbye with a hand, he left the office and took the phone into his hand once again.

--

Donghae stared, blinked twice and continued staring, rubbed his eyes and stared some more. Eunhyuk kept his gaze trained to the stack of documents he was looking through, not in the mood to entertain the shorter's antiques. Another five minutes passed with Donghae still glaring at the chairman, his brows knitted in thought.

"What is it?" Eunhyuk snapped reluctantly, giving up on concentrating when the director's odd behaviour kept distracting him. Cocking a brow when the shorter merely shrugged and crossed his arms, the chairman swivelled his chair so that his back faced Donghae. He was trying to read though the director's proposal and did not need further nuisances. 

"Eunhyuk?" Donghae voiced out after a while, scooching forward in his seat as the said male hummed a half- hearted reply. "Could you tell me about Hyukjae?" Eunhyuk was positive that the director was able to hear the knobs turning in his brain as he tried to come up with a convincing enough excuse as to why he never talked about his brother. However, all activity stopped when Donghae pressed on, anger pulsing through his words. “Just because he’s sick doesn’t mean you can neglect them like that alright! Nobody in their right mind should treat their own flesh and blood in such a cruel manner.”

The chairman scoffed, vision fogging up as he took the brunt of the latter’s verbal abuse, wishing that Hyukjae was indeed just a brother and not part of hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter