Dinner Date

Snowed In

The crowd that had gathered in the lobby clapped as Block B ended their impomptu mini concert. Much to their surprise, lots of people seemed to truly enjoy the entertainment. Zico looked around and found JinAe staring in his direction, smiling. He smiled back and headed towards her as her gaze went from him to her phone. 

EunMi nudged JinAe. "Hey, your lover boy is swaggering this way." She giggled as JinAe stared at her phone, reading a text from her ex.

"So what did you think of the mini concert?" Zico asked JinAe, who didn't hear him, thoughts of her ex running through her head. "You didn't even need to purchase a ticket, aish, how lucky you are super fan, to get to see us and this special preformance." Zico looked at JinAe slightly bewildered and then at EunMi and gave her a look that said, "What's with her?" 

"JinAe, JINAE!" EunMi yelled taking JinAe's phone away. 

"Wha-what?" JinAe stammered, coming back to reality.

"Zico is trying to talk to you, you're being rude." EunMi said.

"Ah, oh," JinAe started, looking at Zico. "I'm so sorry, I got a text and completely spaced for a minute. What was it you were saying to me?" JinAe's bright smile and happy demeanor were gone, she seemed bothered by something and both Zico and EunMi sensed that. EunMi got up from her chair and headed to chat with the rest of the guys as Zico took her place.

"Doesn't matter." He said. "You ok super fan? You look a little, I don't know, upset, or agitated?" He turned toward her and looked her straight in the eyes.

JinAe smiled a half smile, "It's nothing. Just got a text from someone in my past and it startled me, that's all." JinAe sat up straight and attempted to put the text behind her. "You're mini concert was awesome, by the way." 

"You liked it?" Zico smiled, feeling a bit lighter now that he saw JinAe's eye sparkles retuning. 

"Loved it. It was such a nice break from being stuck in my hotel room. I actually forgot for a moment that we were snowed in." JinAe began to feel lighter and smiled even bigger. 

Zico smiled back and then suddently looked down, as if he were embarrassed or something. 

"What's with that look?" JinAe asked.

Zico looked back up at JinAe and sat up straight, gathering the courage for what he was about to ask her. "So, this is going to sound really insane, but I was wondeirng, would you want to have dinner with me tonight?" 

"Are you asking me on a date Woo JiHo?" JinAe giggled.

"No, not at all, I just am asking you if you want to have dinner." He couldn't even admit to himself that he was asking her on a date, how could he admit it to her?

JinAe laughed at the sudden sheepishness of Zico. "I can only say yes to your dinner offer if it's a date. Sorry." She said shrugging hoping to get a confession.

Zico looked a JinAe wide eyed and then smiled. "JinAe-sshi, would you go on a dinner date with me?" 

"I suppose I can, since you asked so nicely and all." She laughed.

"Really? You will?" Zico was sort of surprised but mostly thrilled at her response.

"Yah! I will. Why don't you pick me up at my room, 306, say in an hour?" She said. 

Zico stood and then ushered JinAe to do the same. She obliged and he grabbed her hand lightly in his, "I will see you in an hour." He smiled as he sent her on her way.

-------

"Wait, so let me get this straight, Simon texted you and said he wanted you back? That he made the biggest mistake by letting you go?" EunMi tried to understand what her best friend was saying as she watched her best friend prep for he date.

"Mmmhmmm" JinAe replied as she worked on her make up.

"And here in ten minutes you are going on a date with Zico?" 

"Mmmmhmmm." JinAe smiled in the mirror as she finished her eye liner.

"What the hell is this, some k drama or something? Of all the people in all the world, my best friend is torn between two men. Her ex whom she was planning to marry and her bias that swooped in on his white horse and turned a boring snowed in Saturday into some romantic get away! This stuff only happens on TV or in fanfics, not in real life."

JinAe turned around and laughed. "Not true, this is real life and it is happening and I am far from torn between two men. I know exactly which of the two I am interested in. The other, can fall off the earth  for all I care. I pick Zico, easy choice." JinAe turned back around and smiled in the mirror. She was happy with her how she looked.

"JinAe, not to burst your bubble, but you do realize Zico is this huge kpop star that will have to return to Korea after the flight ban is lifted right?" Eunmi was forever practical.

"I know that EunMi." She said sitting beside her friend on the bed. "But, for once, I want to live out a fantasy. I know I don't actually stand a chance of anything long term with Zico, he and I live in two very different worlds, but the way I see it, I am here in New York City, stranded at the same hotel as him and he wants to have dinner with me. What kind of idiot would I be if I said no? I am not some dumb girl who thinks that this could ever become anything more, I know better, but for tonight, tonight I am going on a date with Zico and I am going to enjoy every last minute of it." JinAe smiled at her friend. 

"Ok, fine, you go live out every girl's fantasy and I will sit here and rot all alone." EunMi laughed.

"No you won't. You are going to have some visitors. You don't think I would let you sit in this room alone, do you?" JinAe smiled as she heard a knock on the door. "Ah perfect timing, here they are now!" JinAe jumped up and ran to the door, opening it to the guys from Block B standing with food and games in hands. "EunMi, your groupies are here." JinAe said as she stepped aside so they could enter. Zico stood behind the rest, and as they finished filiing through the door, he caught his first glimpse of JinAe. She was dressed in a white t-shirt with a plaid long sleeved red shirt over it, a pair of dark washed skinny jeans and some thigh high laced up boots. She smiled at Zico who took in his beautiful date. 

"Enjoy your time EunMi!" She smiled at her friend as she grabbed her cell and room key, then turned to Zico, who was dressed in an sweater, jacket, ripped jeans and boots. "Ready?" She smiled and closed the door behind her as she left the room.

-----

"Sorry this isn't some fancy shmacny dinner." Zico sighed as he opened up the lids of the take out he had ordered. 

JinAe smiled brightly and looked at the food then at Zico. "Are you kidding me, this is perfect. First of all, I don't do fancy shamcny. Second of all, you got my favorite food from my favorite place, it's excatly what I'd hope for."

"Really?" Zico smiled as he handed chop sticks to JinAe.

"Absolutely. Zico, " JinAe said, sititng forward to look in his eyes, "this is perfect. I mean look at this, you ordered this after having only known me for maybe 24 hours. The fact that you even remembered what I liked from the restuarant yesterday means a lot to me. Even my good for nothing ex couldn't remember and we were together a long time."

"Then I did good?" Zico leaned closer to JinAe, his face nearly touching hers.

"You did good." JinAe was taken aback by what Zico had done, but remained, looking Zico in the eyes.

"Good then lets eat!" Zico smiled as he sat back and began to dig into the food. JinAe sat back and watched as Zico ate, scarfing down bite after bite. Then began to eat the food herself. 

"JinAe-sshi, may I ask you something? And please tell me if it's too personal?!" Zico said as he took a breather from eating.

"Sure." JinAe looked up from her food.

"Earlier, you said you got a text from someone in your past, was that perhaps your good for nothing ex?" If Zico were honest, that whole exchange earlier had really bugged him. 

JinAe, put down her chopsticks and took a moment. "Yah, that was who it was from." Her smiled disappeared from her face and she slowly slouched in her chair.

"I, I didn't mean to make this date go sour, it's just, you seemed really bothered earlier and I want to make sure you are ok. I shouldn't have brought it up." Zico sat back and went quiet. He fought himself internally because he felt so bad. 

"Thank you, I appreaciate that." JinAe slightly smiled. "Honestly, I am strangely ok with you bringing it up. Truth is, yes I was bothered by it. He seems to have fairly frustrating timing with things." 

"What's that mean?" Zico asked.

"It means, I had finally moved on and let go of everything. Here I am stranded in NYC, with, well with you and of all people to text me during this, it's him. I swear he has a sixth sense or something." JinAe slightly giggled. 

"Why are we talking about this?" Zico said scratching his head. "What a horrible discussion for a first date." 

"Hey, you asked." JinAe laughed then took another bite of food. 

"I suppose I did." Zico watched as JinAe continued to eat her the last few bites of food. "Wanna go sit by the pool and chat?" Zico asked as JinAe took her last bite of food.

"Sure." 

JinAe and Zico headed towards the indoor pool and found a quite spot in the corner. Zico pulled out a chair for JinAe and helped her to sit after which he pulled one out and sat in it facing her. ZIco couldn't help but feel as if something was stlll bothering JinAe, but he didn't want to ruin their date either. He'd never felt like this for someone. It'd only been 24 hours since meeting his super fan and yet her felt as if he wanted to protect her and shield her from all the the world had to offer. He was drawn to her in a way he'd never been towards anyone. Zico looked at her as JinAe looked off at the pool in thought. JinAe couldn't get the text from Simon out of her head, no matter how much she wanted to, it stayed stuck there. "He wants me back." She blurted out, still not facing Zico.

"Huh?" Zico said, taken aback.

"The text, from my ex, he told me he made a mistake and wants me back." JinAe looked at Zico and began to laugh. "Of all the asinine things, he wants me back." JinAe grew more hysterical in her laughter. "Like, who does he think he is? After everything he put me through? Suddently when I finally find someone I could fall for and he wants me back." JinAe lost it and began to laugh so hard she was brought to tears. "Why on God's earth would he think I would take him back. He chose his career over me! He didn't even remember my favorite meal. He never made me feel special, he never shared his coat with me or opened doors. He was always focused on himself and took him walking away from me to see that." JinAe's laughing tears turned to crying tears. "All I ever wanted in my life was someone to love me and protect me." JinAe wiped her face some as Zico just sat and listened. "I mean is it too much to ask for someone to remember my favorite food? Or to treat me like someone special? I mean I am not asking for gifts or anything, just a little chivalry. Someone who would hold me when I cry, someone who would give me the coat of their back, someone who'd sit and listen to me ramble about anything and everything for hours. He couldn't do that for me, so why would he think I'd just go and take him back?" JinAe stood up and walked to a window to look outside. Zico followed slowly behind and stood beside JinAe, not entirely sure how to respond. "Sorry. I think I just ruined our date. Look at me would you? I'm a mess. I'm sure the last thing you wanna hear about is my stupid ex. Sorry Zico." JinAe put her head down and began to turn away from Zico to leave.

Zico, said nothing as he grabbed JinAe's wrist and pulled her back towards him with such force that she found herself wrapped up in his arms, her face against his chest. Zico didn't say a word as he stood there and held JinAe against him, hugging, holding and consoling her. He'd fallen for this girl and the last thing he wanted was for her to hurt. As the two of them stood in this spot for what seemed like hours, Zico watched as the snow fell and came up with a brilliant idea to get JinAe's mind off her stupid low life ex. Not only would his plan succeed in making her forget that loser, it would draw them closer together. JinAe's sobs died down and became just small tears streaming down her face. Zico loosened his grip and brought his hands to JinAe's face, wiping away the tears. He smiled as he grabbed her hand and said, "Let's go on an adventure." JinAe looked at Zico confused and without much of a choice, followed as he pulled her out of the pool room and towards the front door.