Super Fan Meets Bias

Snowed In

“Can you believe this weather? Aish. I am so over winter it isn’t even funny.” JinAe complained as she and her friend entered their favorite eatery and made their way to a back booth. She'd comlained to her best friend EunMi all day as they traveled to NYC from their tiny town for their mini weekend vacation. It was not looking like their plans of shopping and girl time were going to go through as easily as they had planned. There was a huge blizzard heading straight towards them.

“I know. It’s like the universe is conspiring against us. We've planned for months to work around our hellish schedules and this snow bull happens, I mean come on. “ EunMi sighed. “Why GOD why do you punish us so?” She yelled up at the ceiling as dramatically as she could, shaking her fists and all.

“Perhaps, best friend, we are just not meant to ever have time together.”  JinAe was both serious and joking as she said this, smiling towards her friend. JinAe was hard at work running a preschool, while her best friend was hard at work saving lives as a doctor. Most of their interactions were through text or the occasional phone call and the even less occasional skype session. JinAe and Eunmi had moved to the states together. Both born in Korea, they had became friends quickly in grade school and had dreamed of moving back to the home land of their parents. JinAe's father was an American married to his Korean love, teaching English in Busan, while EunMi's mother was the one teaching english, married to her Korean love. They were destined to be friends it seemed. But moving to the states proved tricky when EunMi got a wonderful internship at a huge hospital in New Jersey and JinAe was able to get her dream job of running a preschool in a town 40 miles away from her best friend. 

“Nah, I don’t buy that one bit. We are best friends, God does not keep best friends apart, that would be cruel and unsual punishment. He knows better!” EunMi smiled and laughed as she got her self comfortable in the booth across from her friend.

“Anyways, I’ll go up and order, do you want the usual? Or something different?” asked JinAe. She knew her friend too well to know that she wouldn’t want anything other than her favorite chicken dish and hot tea she ordered every time they visited this restaurant. She knew her enough to walk away with out even waiting for EunMi’s inevitable answer.

JinAe jumped in line behind a group of young men arguing over what each one would be odering. As JinAe listened in on the comical discussion, she wondered why they were so obsessed with how much to order, what to order and how to eat it fast. She figured they were probably trying to get somewhere before the blizzard until she noticed one of them looked very much like Kyung, one of the singers in her favorite band Block B. JinAe shook it off, imagining she was seeing things and proceeded to look down at her phone for the latest weather update. The line crept forward and again the men began to talk over each other. This time about their next tour stop and how they believe this blizzard would likely ruin it for them. JinAe moved closer to set of men and before she knew it was being talked at by one of them.

“Excuse me miss, would you like to go in front of us? My friend up there can’t decide whether he wants chicken or fish and honestly it could be hours before he makes such a important decision.” Jinae was shocked to see that her mind had not deceived her. Kyung was laughing as he pointed to Zico.

“Hey, that’s not true! I know exactly what I am going to order… I think, maybe…or….wait, wait, maybe I want number 12 instead of 14.” Zico concentrated on the menu, tapping his finger to his chin. JinAe simply looking in wonderment and shock.

“Like I said, he can never make up his mind!” Kyung laughed as the rest of the Block B boys joined in. "Seriously though miss, it's probably best you just go in line in front of him. We're likely to be snowed in here at this point."

JinAe smiled and then giggled. “Thank you, Kyung!” She walked past each member towards the front of the line, excited to be butting ahead of Block B.

"Whoa, whoa how did you know his name? How did you know that was Kyung back there?" Zico interrogated. 

“The same way I know all your names." JinAe giggled. "You’re Zico, leader of Block B. You're the second youngest and like Hello Kitty (although I think you said you two broke up recently!) And that right there in the glasses, that is Taeil. He thinks he has small eyes, personally I think they are cute. Behind him, that tall one with the childish face is P.O and I am pretty sure he hates being compared to TOP. Beside him are UKwon and Jaehyo. UKwon likes cats and he made up the word "Beup." Jaehyo, he's close friends with Joon of MBLAQ and really likes APin. Behind them, Kyung and BBomb. Kyung has the nickname cucumber and you two have known each other since elementary school. BBomb takes long showers. I think I should know all the members of my favorite group.” JinAe turned around to move closer to the front of the line, quite proud of her ability to name each of the guys.

“Wah! Daebak! You are very smart! You must really like us?! Perhaps you are a super fan? ” Zico exclaimed as he tried to get a little closer to this impressive girl in front of him. He found her very striking, she had beautiful shoulder length black hair with some purple highlights. She wore black thin framed glasses that seemd to have no lenses. She had a cute little mole on her right cheek by her nose. Her smile was (to Zico) very breathtaking and she had an undenaiable poise about her.

JinAe giggled then turned around. “I suppose you could say I am a super fan. I can’t help it really, I like your music, your style, your, well your everything. Unfortunately for me I don’t have money to attend your concerts so instead I invest time into learning about each of you. Anyways, it’s no big deal, any half decent fan should know who you all are! I don’t suppose you’d be up for taking a selfie with me, would you?”

“Are you kidding me? Of course I am going to take a self with my super fan! You’re awesome, but I will only take one if you agree to be in one with me.” Zico pulled out his phone and JinAe attempted to get her chin off the ground. The mere thought that Zico (her bias) would want a selfie with her was outrageous! JinAe, grabbed her cell and held it up. Zico scooted in close and flashed a peace sign with a cute smile while JinAe just smiled. “Ok, now for my picture!” Zico held up his phone and JinAe squeezed closely to him, putting up a peace sign and smiling. Zico posing the same! “It was very nice to meet you… I’m sorry, I didn’t get your name.” Zico said.

“It’s JinAe, and just a suggestion, you can’t go wrong with #13, my best friend and I always order that with a hot tea.” JinAe smiled and proceeded to the hostess to order. JinAe say down across from EunMi still on a high after meeting Zico.  She was convinced she had dreamed it all, so she pulled out her phone to look and sure enough there it was, a picture of her and her bias in line at a restaurant. “Eunmi you are not going…”

“Aish, took you long enough, I was about to eat my own arm out of starvation.” EunMi interrupted as she began to eat quickly, barely taking a moment to breath. EunMi had a tendancy to exaggerate and JinAe usually let her, as she loved the way her friend was.

“Sorry, the line was long and then I got to talking to someone. This place is packed because of the storm.” JinAe took a bite and allowed the experience in line to sink in.

“Who were you busy talking to?” Eunmi asked between bites of chicken.

JinAe smiled and handed her phone to her friend. “Him,” she simply said proudly.

Eunmi about choked on her food as she swallowed quickly. “ZICO? As in, Block ‘s leader Zico?” EunMi was shocked, excited, and a little mad that she hadn’t been as lucky.

“Yup, the one and only! And on top of it, he asked for a selfie with me too!” JinAe proclaimed.

“Huh? What? No way…oh my god, we have to see if he posted it to instagram. JinAe, you don’t think he would would he?” Eunmi dropped her chop sticks and began playing with her phone.

“I doubt it. I think he just wanted it for fun or something. I wouldn’t see why he would put it on instagram, it’s not like I am famous or…”

“Hold that thought. JINAE!” EunMi yelled! “Look.” Eunmi practically forced her phone in her friend's face. JinAe took it and looked at the picture pulled up under Zico’s account. Much to her surprise, there they were, her and Zico, smiling side by side and the caption, “Super fan is super pretty! Daebak! This girl knows her stuff. Nice meeting you new friend!”

JinAe looked at EunMi who looked back at JinAe and without missing a beat, both exclaimed, “He said pretty!” JinAe sat back and looked at the picture. “He called my pretty, he called me pretty. Woo JiHo called me pretty.”