Stranded with Block B

Snowed In

“You know at some point you are gonna have to stop drooling over your phone, you do realize this right?” EunMi and JinAe had been stuck in their NYC hotel all night and JinAe had basically sat staring at her phone that long too. She still could not believe that Zico had called her pretty on his instagram.

“I can’t help it, I feel like I am living a dream right now. I mean how often does a person get to say that they met their bias? Not to mention meeting him, but then he goes and calls them pretty on top of that, I have to do this, I have to stare.” JinAe was on cloud nine.

“Girl, we gotta get your mind off of that. I love you and while I am excited for you, I did not arrange this weekend for you to sit and drool on your phone.” EunMi snapped. “Gimme that and let's go find something to do.” She took her friend’s phone away and put it in her purse, much to JinAe’s protesting.

“But EunMi…” JinAe whined.

“No… no whining. We’re going to have some girl time, sans phones.”

“But EunMi….” JinAe whined again.

“Stop acting like a brat, let’s go find some breakfast.” EunMi said grabbing her stuff to head out on an adventure with her friend .

“Attention hotel patrons, please be advised that due to the blizzard all flights in and out of local airports are delayed until further notice. The mayor has declared the town shut down until 5pm tomorrow and is asking that all those in town stay indoors until roads can be cleared. We realize that this could cause a lot of stress and so we are here to serve you. Please let us know if we can get you anything to make your longer stay more comfortable.”

“Well , there goes that idea.” EunMi said, tossing her stuff on the bed.

“Maybe we could just hang out and watch some movies? I have Netflix.” Suggested JinAe as she attempted to find her phone.

“What so you can look at your phone the entire time, no thanks.” Eunmi sat on the side of the bed, falling backwards dramatically.

“Fine, I will put the phone down. It’s not like I am going to see him again anyways. Let’s rent a movie and just hang out, ok?” JinAe said. She realized she needed to just move on and stop focusing on a silly little picture. There was a slim-to-none chance that she would see Zico anyways, and she loved her best friend, so best friend trumped random kpop idol.

A Few Hours Later

“Ok, what movie next?” EunMi asked as JinAe stared out the window.

“I don’t know.” She sighed, pretty much sick of being stuck in a hotel room. “I kinda wanna just go walk around and see if there is anything going on. Maybe hang out in the lobby or something. I am sick of being stuck in this room.”

"Well, why don’t you head downstairs and I will join you in a bit. Have to call mama, she’s worried about me, like usual.” EunMi giggled.

"Ok, see ya soon!” JinAe grabbed her phone and room key and headed out of the room towards the elevators. She looked at her phone and sighed, they’d been trapped in their hotel room now for 6 hours straight. JinAe was not the kind of person to just sit around. She always needed to be on the go or doing something. As the elevator opened and she stepped in, she heard a male voice from down the hall, “Hold the door, hold the door.” JinAe obliged and stuck her arm out to keep the door from closing. The man ran in the elevator nearly out of breath. “Thank you miss! Lobby level please.” He said in a foreign accent.  “You’re welcome.” JinAe looked up and smiled.

“Woah! You’re the girl from yesterday, JinAe was it?” Kyung said, smiling widely towards JinAe.

"Yes! What are you doing here?” JinAe was trying not to act shocked, but deep inside her heart was leaping out of her skin.

"Ah, well we’re stuck here until they lift the traveling ban.  We were supposed to leave for California tonight, but this crazy snow has stopped us for now.” Kyung smiled.

"That must be a real bummer. Seems we must be on the same floor if you were trying to catch the same elevator!” JinAe said making small talk.

"Guess so! Daebak! Hey, you should come with me when we get to the lobby, the guys and I decided to have an impromptu concert for everyone that’s stuck here. We thought maybe it would bring some form of entertainment to an otherwise snowy boring day.” The elevator came to a stop on the lobby level and the door opened. Kyung stepped out and turned around, “Are you coming JinAe?”

JinAe smiled and followed behind, “Well of course.” JinAe had wanted excitement and she was about to get it! How many people could say they were stranded in the same hotel as Block B, or that they were on a first name basis with one of the members? JinAe walked beside Kyung as they headed into the lobby where the rest of the guys were hanging out.

"Finally! It’s about time man!” P.O joked as Kyung entered in. “Oh, you brought a friend?”

“I did. You all remember JinAe from yesterday? Well it turns out we are all stuck in the same hotel and she happens to be on the same floor us as. We met in the elevator and I pretty much forced her to come!” Kyung smiled as he handed something to BBomb and sat down in a seat near P.O.

"Oh man, Zico is going to flip.” P.O joked.

"Why would he flip?” asked JinAe, sitting down towards the back of the group near Kyung.

"Oh I was just being silly.” P.O. said as he winked towards Kyung. JinAe slumped back in her chair and pulled her phone out to text EunMi. “YOU ARE NEVER going to believe who I ran into in the lobby.” She texted.

"Aish, sorry guys! It was a bit more tricky than I thought to get the hotel's permission to perform, but I got it so who is ready?” Zico said running into the lobby, plopping in a chair, not aware of JinAe sitting conspicuously behind Kyung.

"We’re all ready, but I think you should see who we found first. “ P.O. smiled, standing up and walking over to JinAr, grabbing her hand to pull her to standing.

"SUPER FAN!” Zico smiled. His faced looked childish, like a child who’d just seen the girl he had a crush on. “What are you doing here?”

JinAe began to speak but P.O. interrupted. “She is stranded in the hotel as well, actually as fate would have it, the same floor as us.” P.O was all about love stories and if he had his way, JinAe and Zico would have one during their time stuck in the hotel.

"Wah! So cool! How could I possibly get so lucky to be stuck in a hotel with you super fan?” Zico smiled as he stood up walking towards her. “I had just been kicking myself for not getting contact information from you.”

"Re-really?” JinAe smiled, wanting to pinch herself.

"Well yes! You made quite an impression on me yesterday. I don’t just go around getting pictures with random fans, let alone posting them to my Instagram.” Zico stood staring longingly at JinAe, as JinAe tried with all her might to avoid his eye contact.

"Are we playing a concert or watching a romantic comedy here?” BBomb joked, causing Zico to shoot him an annoyed look. “Let’s get this show on the road.”

Zico and Jinae smiled at each other as P.O. attempted to pull Zico with all his might, leaning over to whisper to him as they walked towards a corner of the room to begin their impromptu concert. “I told you fate would bring you two together.”

Zico elbowed P.O in the stomach. “Shut up man!” He pulled P.O’s ear down towards him and whispered, “Don’t you say a thing, you understand me? Just forget what I told you guys last night.” P.O. nodded and then winked at Zico. “Not a word punk.” Zico scolded.

“Not a word.” P.O. said.

"That’s the last time I tell P.O. about any of my crushes." Thought Zico as they began to sing.

JinAe watched in awe as Block B sang some of their biggest hits. She was so in awe in fact that she hadn't realized that the lobby was beginning to fill. Nor had she realized that EunMi was now sitting beside her. JinAe was in a trance almost, completely lost in the thoughts in her head. It was completely unfathomable to her that she was currently stranded in the same hotel as her favorite band. 

"This has to be the coolest moment of my life ever!" Eunmi proclaimed, startling JinAe from her trance.

"What?" JinAe jumped. "When did you show up?" She looked out of the corner of her eyes towards EunMi.

"Wow... you have must have it bad." EunMi laughed. "I've been sitting here for at least 15 minutes. Did you not hear me say hi?" JinAe shook her head no, eyes locked on Zico. "Of course you didn't. Why would you when Mr. Hot Stuff McGee is up there luring you in with his killer smile and innocent facial features. I can picture it now, we will be at your wedding and I will of course be your maid of honor and I will give my toast, 'Who knew a snow storm could bring to people from different worlds together to form such a wonderful unit.'"

"What are you babbling on about?" JinAe said annoyed. "Let me enjoy this moment in peace, will ya." JinAe smacked her friend's leg and went back to staring at Zico. They were now singing one of her favorite songs, "Movie's Over." It was the first song she'd ever heard by them and it took only that one song for her to fall for the band. JinAe smiled as she made eye contact with Zico and thought to herself, "Even If I never talk to him again, my life will never be the same. Thank God for blizzards!"