Attract and Repel

Even Though...

We practically grew up.  As the formative years went by, I realized I had something different fromother boys.  I was attracted to boys, and at one point, that became somthing I was ridiculed for.  I was shunned by people at school.  Well, except Kangin.  He never pushed me away.  He stood by my side, ignored what I was and accepted me for who I am.  My mom was there for me as well.  She accepted the truth with open arms, resp[ected me asa person and never failed to love me as her son.  

Despite all the love and support from the 2 most important people in my life, I can't help but be like a hermit crab and retreat to my own little, safe and secure shell.  That was when I realized that we had changed so much through the years.  I mean, we couldn't be more different.  He's bright and sunny.  He never thinks twice to flash a smile to a complete stranger.  I'm withdrawn and gloomy.  I feel the leaves wilt whenever I walk nearby.  He's happy and outgoing while I am silent and reserved, talking only when necessary.  He's the school's declamation champ and quiz bee king.  I'm the laconic painter who prefers a silent studio than a noisy stage.  

We only have one thing in common though:  We love each other's company more than anything and anyone else in the world.