Of Gray Matters and Preparations

Even Though...

I'm no biology genius, but I do know that the human brain is composed of gray matter.  The book was giving me a hard time to grasp what these gray matters do, but I think what the author wanted to say was that these are the stuff that makes our brain capable of learning.  The sad thing is that the heart does not have a single gray matter so it's not capable of learning to love.  Yeah, because I really thought that I could teach my heart to love Kyuhyun...but that was just not possible.

We hang out, go out for dinner, stroll at the park every now and then.  He visits me in the studio to marvel at my work and I would sometimes go to his gigs and practice sessions.  I even introduced him to my mother already.  With him, I really don't feel alone.  In fact, he made me realize that I am capable of socializing and connecting to other people.  He made me realize a different part of me that I was not really aware of.  But with every thought of Kyuhyun in my head, there would always be that shadow of Kang In creeping in my thoughts.  It feels almost like cheating on Kyuhyun, but it's technically not because we're just dating and we're not a couple yet...and I doubt if we will ever be a couple.

==========================================================

"Teukie...there's someone I want you to meet this Saturday.  Can we go at your house for dinner?", Kang In asked me one pleasant afternoon. 

"Sure thing.  Who's this person anyway?", I asked out of curiosity.

"Someone special.  I think you'll get along with her.  You can invite Kyuhyun as well."

Great.  His girlfriend.  I heard he's been dating someone at his school, but he never talked to me about it.  Well, I think this is the perfect opportunity to get to know this person. 

"Wonderful~! I'll inform mother beforehand, OK?"

"Thank you Teeukie...you don't know how much it means to me...you know, for the two very important people in my life to meet."

"Make that three.  Count my mother in. Hahaha~"

"Oh..of course..what will I ever do without you guys."  His phone rang and told me he had to go.  He gave me a hug and thanked me again before leaving.

I stood on the spot for a few moments before I was able to snap back to reality.  I know Kang In dates girls and that he'll get a girlfriend sooner or later.  I guess I was secretly dreading for this day to arrive, when I would finally meet the other important person in Kang In's life.

I gave my mother a call to prepare for the weekend.  She told me that it should be me who should be prepared.  And yeah, she's damn right.  If there's anyone who needs to be prepared, it should be me.