Lost

Last Chance
"I told you the receptionists will never ever disclose their room numbers!"
 
Seunghoon threw a hotel pillow to Jinwoo's face. "At least because of my mad spying skills I know they're staying on 27th floor!" 
 
Jinwoo snorted, "Hyung, even if we know where their rooms are, then what? We're just gonna bang on their doors and demand an interview?"
 
"Umm," Seunghoon thought for a moment, "Okay, on second thought I think camping at the hotel lobby is better. They will have to go in and out from there anyway."
 
"I told you!"
 
The older threw another pillow at Jinwoo, who managed to successfully dodge it in time. "Stop trying to make me feel stupid! Anyway, let's just rest tonight and we'll figure out our shifts tomorrow."
 
"Okay Hoonie-hyung." Jinwoo fiddled around with his camera, trying to tweak its settings so that it could perfectly capture moving targets. Suddenly he realised something. "Hyung, is the memory card in your camera bag? The card slot in mine is empty!"
 
All he heard was a soft snore from Seunghoon's bed. 
 
Jinwoo clicked his tongue and started rummaging through their bags and luggages, but there was only one memory card and it was inside Seunghoon's camera. He clicked his tongue and looked at his phone. It was already 2.30 AM. Jinwoo grabbed his wallet and walked out of their hotel room, hoping that there was a 24-hour convenience store nearby. 
 
***
 
The flight to Japan was tiring and he went for a bit of sightseeing in the evening just after checking into the hotel, but Mino was still wide awake. So was Taehyun, who was still busy composing, but unlike him, Mino could not sleep on the plane out of extreme excitement. Their manager was already fast asleep on the extra bed.
 
Mino slowly crawled out of his blanket and got off his bed, rummaging around to find his cap, mask, jacket and socks.
 
"Taehyun-ah, I'll walk around to get some fresh air. Do you want anything from downstairs?"
 
The younger, eyes transfixed on his laptop screen, did not even seem to hear anything at all.
 
Mino shrugged and left his room. Honestly he was quite hungry, but he forgot to pack anything for his usual midnight snack. The rapper remembered that there was a konbini just across the side exit of the hotel. That would definitely sell cheaper snacks than the hotel's cafe. 
   
Mino was dragging his feet across the lobby when he saw a boy in a grey hoodie walking back and forth. The boy caught a glimpse of him and flinched, probably scared because of Mino's gangster-like aura and appearance. He was internally torn on whether to help the lost boy, but his English was far from fluent, apart from phrases like "make some noise" or "put your hands up".
 
"Oh well," Mino thought, "He can always ask the receptionists." But as he turned his back and walked away, he tripped on the carpet and fell forward with a loud crack. 
 
***
 
Jinwoo was still wondering how to get out of the hotel lobby when he heard a loud noise and a guy groaning in pain. He looked around and found the scary-looking guy sitting down, nursing his wrist. 
 
The two receptionists at a far corner seemed to be busy flirting with the concierge and no one moved to help, so Jinwoo, being the kind-hearted person that he was, rushed off to the stranger's aid.
 
He hesitantly said in an accented English, "Hello - your hand - okay?"
 
The guy looked up at Jinwoo's face and exclaimed in a deep voice, "Heol!"
 
Jinwoo's eyes widened and he said in Korean, "Are you also from Korea?"
 
The other seemed to be even more shocked at this and said "Yeah! Daebak! I thought you were British!"
 
A melodious laughter rang out and Jinwoo gestured rapidly with his hands, "No no, I'm Korean! By the way, is your wrist alright?"
 
The guy side-eyed the portion of the carpet where he tripped. " I think I sprained my wrist. Bloody carpet!"
 
"Oh, no, it just started swelling up! Umm, since I need to go to a convenience store anyway, so you can just sit at the sofa over there and I'll buy you bandages to wrap your wrist?" Jinwoo gestured at one of the plush sofas in the lobby. "It might take some time, though, I'm not sure where the nearest store is..."
 
The man stood up with Jinwoo's help and said, "Nah, only my wrist is screwed up but I can still walk around. And there's a konbini nearby, I know the way. We can just go there together."
 
"Ah, that's even better! I would've got lost if I go alone," Jinwoo laughed cheerfully. "By the way, I'm Kim Jinwoo. What's your name?"
 
"I'm..." He stopped for a while before saying "Hanbin."