Tokyo

Last Chance

Tokyo had changed a lot since Jinwoo last saw it 10 years ago. His parents brought him on a trip to Japan as a reward for getting excellent grades in his primary school examination and for clinching a scholarship to study in Seoul. That was his first and last overseas trip in his whole life, which was why Tokyo held a special place in his heart. And now he was back in the bustling and crowded city with his senior and his best buddy, Seunghoon-hyung.

They took a train from Narita to their hotel in Shinjuku, where Mino and DJ Nam were supposedly staying, if Seunghoon's spies were accurate. To Jinwoo's annoyance, Seunghoon kept refusing to reveal his spies' identity, citing lame reasons that "They are my loyal spies and YG Entertainment will kill them if they are found out! I should keep this secret to my grave!"

"But I won't tell this to anyone too! Didn't you say that I'm the best and most trustworthy dongsaeng?" Jinwoo sulked. 

Seunghoon chuckled and pinched Jinwoo's cheek, "Jinwoo-yahhh, I will give you everything else that you want other than the names of my spies!"

Jinwoo said sneakily, "How about a free ticket to go up the Tokyo Tower?"

"Okay! But only after we find more solid info on our targets! Your job is on the line too, so we really have to strike this one."

***

Song Mino gazed at the foreign surroundings through the cab window. The bright glare of the sun formed a sharp contrast with the azure sky. The light was harshly reflected by the mirror-like windows of office buildings in downtown Tokyo. Sometimes Mino wondered what his life would be like if he did not have an ambition to be a rapper, if he just wanted to follow the mainstream path of being an office worker or probably schoolteachers like his parents. He suddenly thought of a lyric idea and swiftly whipped out his pocket notebook.

Unlike Mino, Nam Taehyun was totally disinterested at the sights and sounds around him. He is editing the latest track that he made on the plane, but there just seemed to be a missing element. Sighing loudly, he slammed his Macbook and leaned back with his eyes closed.

Mino turned and asked, "No inspiration?"

"I think I'm just tired. And I'm still pissed off from the fans trying to touch my eyebrows in the airport earlier. Seriously, how did they find out we were coming here? And don't they know the concept of personal space?"

"But that means we're popular! Isn't it good? And at least none of them are following our cab."

Taehyun smirked, "Said someone who keeps silent in interviews and press conferences."

"That's because YG-sajangnim told me to keep silent, dude. And I'm your hyung! Stop speaking casually to me!"

"I think he's just protecting your image. What will happen if the whole world knows that you're a pabo..."

Mino messed up Taehyun's 5:5 hair and shouted, "Excuse me!"

Taehyun slapped Mino's arm and screamed, "Do NOT touch my hair, do you hear me! NO ONE touches my hair!!!"

Manager Choi had to apologise to the pissed off cab driver for the noise.

***

Seunghoon was half dozing off in the quiet hotel lobby when he felt someone tugging at his sleeves and whispered, "Hyung! Seunghoon-hyung! Isn't that Nam Taehyun? And I think the one with the mask and beanie is Song Mino!"

The older sat up and wiped traces of drool from his lips. "Where where?"

Jinwoo pointed as discreetly as possible to the reception area. "There! I think the manager is checking them in."

"OMG I think they're only travelling with one manager! This is gonna make our jobs much easierrrr - "

"Hyung, don't move too much! I think they're staring at us. Oh no, oh nooo they're really staring at us! We are supposed to be undercover!" Jinwoo started to panic.

Seunghoon stood up, ignoring his junior's frustrated looks, and started to pretend to take a selfie, while aiming his camera to the two celebrities at the same time. 

"Hyung! What are you doing!!!" Jinwoo already turned frantic and his eyes darted everywhere, trying to find a quick escape if necessary.

"Reporting to our boss that our mission just officially started." Seunghoon sent the picture that he just took to Seungyoon, with the caption: "Boss, if we succeed this mission I want a pay raise".