The Assignment

Last Chance
This was not the first time Jinwoo screwed up an assignment. He was tasked to cover a rumoured dating scandals of two uber-popular idols, but his camera ran out of batteries just as he was going to snap some pictures of the idols holding hands at a corner of CC Cafe. When he came back after a quick trip to a nearby 7-11, his targets were gone. By the time he returned to his office, Seungyoon, his boss, was literally fuming.
 
"Kim Jinwoo, seriously? At this rate I will probably have to fire you!"
 
"Sorry hyung, I tried to run over to buy batteries, but - "
 
Seungyoon sighed, "You should have brought spare batteries. I thought you knew better after 3 years of being an entertainment reporter."
 
Jinwoo just stood there, hands clasped in front of his body, tongue-tied. He cannot afford to get fired from WINNER News Agency, the coolest and most prestigious news company in Korea. He was recruited after Seunghoon, a hyung he knew, helped him send in his CV, and CEO Kang Seungyoon was totally impressed by the raw writing and photography talent that young Jinwoo had. But his own clumsiness has always been Jinwoo's worst enemy and now his fate is hanging by a thread. A very very thin thread, based on the super scary expression on Seungyoon's face.
 
Just at that moment, Seunghoon popped his head through Seungyoon's door.
 
"Yoonie-hyung, is this a good time? I've got an update on Mino and DJ Nam!"
 
Seungyoon's ears perked up instantly. "The two new YG artists who sweeped all charts right after debut? Awesome! What are they up to? They haven't been out of YG's basement for months!"
 
Seunghoon went in and close the door. "Oh my spies told me that they will hold a guerilla concert in Tokyo next week, just to test the market reaction there I guess. But the coolest thing is that the guys are gonna perform as a duo, and if we can get exclusive behind-the-scenes coverage it will be bombastic!"
 
The CEO looked rather torn at the proposal. "But Mino always refuses all sorts of interviews for personal reasons, and DJ Nam hasn't been exactly nice to reporters ever since the iljin scandal - " Seungyoon's voice trailed off and after a minute of thinking, he finally said, "Okay, how about this, since we are not 100% sure about the possibility of getting any interview, I'll just send two guys to give this a shot. Seunghoon, you choose someone to go with you and report back to me while I handle our clumsy maknae Jinwoo over here."
 
Jinwoo felt like crawling into the furthest corner of the earth and he sent a please-get-me-out-of-this-hole look to Seunghoon, who casually said to Seungyoon, "Oh, I was just gonna ask you whether I can bring Jinwoo along! I think it's good for his exposure."
 
Seungyoon contemplated this for a while. "Hmm, okay Hoonie, you bring him and make sure he does his job well. But Jinwoo, this is your last chance. If you come back with nothing, I'll have to ask you to pack up your stuff and leave our company."
 
Relieved to no end, Jinwoo swiftly bowed, "Thanks a lot boss. I will definitely definitely get the coverage."
 
Seunghoon quickly added to ease Seungyoon's worry, "Chill boss, I'll take care of him. He can speak a bit Japanese too so he won't get lost in Tokyo".
 
The CEO mumbled something that sounded like "Well, he can speak Korean perfectly well but he always gets lost in Seoul".