Three - Lost and Gain?

Promises

“Jinhee, what have gotten into you?” Mrs. Im stern voice did not stop Jinhee’s outrageous act. She saw everything at the park today. Not everything maybe, but enough for her to lose it all and come back with a tornado in her house. She’s throwing all of Nana’s stuff out of her room. “I want this room and I want it today,” Jinhee screeches as she throws the books out of the room joining the other pile of clothes and Nana’s belonging. “Jung Jinhee!” Mrs. Im shouted in shock. “You are not gonna stop this? How could you do this to your sister?” she asked collecting the pile. “You know I would give you the room if you asked, do you really have to do this?” Nana’s sudden voice shocked the two and their head turned. “You’re dating TOP now right?” Jinhee asked, her voice intimidating. Nana eyed the pile of her stuffs and heaved a sigh. “You don’t have to do this, you know,” she answered exhaustedly joining her mother collecting her stuffs. The pleading eyes of Mrs. Im sooth her heart.  “Omma’ll help you move,” Mrs. Im uttered. “Take, take it all, YOU JUST HAVE TO TAKE IT ALL,” the sentence come out word by word with every single last of her stuffs and ended with the room’s door being slammed. Mrs. Im hands reached for Nana’s mouthing sorry as their eyes meet. Nana shook her head assuring her mother it’s alright. She can just take the other room, no big deal.

*******

“So I heard it right?” Key, another close friend to Nana came taking the empty seat beside the girl. “You’ve got to learn to be more specific, what have you heard?” Nana jutted with a toothy grin. “I see, quite a lot is speculating the campus these days centering our ‘in-line’ Queen. Which one of it you feel like coming clean first?” Key replied jerking his brows playfully. “You’ve heard it all, I got nothing else to spill,” Nana replied short, drinking her water and diverting her glance back to the ramp. “Why are you retiring?” Nana smile softly to the question. She knew when she made the decision, Key would be the first she’ll owe an explanation too. Key and Nana had been friends since day 1. He knew her through and through, from her parents separation to the horror of Jinhee’s treatment. When they chose skating to be their hobby, Nana went a step forward making the x-games her part time leisure, joining the championships and all. She didn’t take long to be known and established. Key was closely behind, in-line skating make their friendship stronger as they compete in one after another championships they could get themselves into so when Nana drop the bomb of not competing and eventually stepping down from her title ‘In-line Queen’ which she was dubbed for winning the X-Games championships, Key demand an explanation.

“It’s about time,” Nana answered calmly. “You’re merely 24! What do you mean it’s about time?” Key ridiculed earning a snort from the girl. “The competition is simmering, I got bored,” and that answer chokes the guy. “I can’t believe it took you 5 back to back championships to get you to say that,” Key said laughing. “So that’s it? You won’t even give me the pleasure of snatching the throne from you?” Key teased. “Kibum please, I would have to skate with my toddler in my hand for that day to happen,” she replied fast rolling her eyes playfully earning a smack from the guy. He was about to come with another reply before Eunji interrupted their usual banter. “Kibum, can you please come and see what have I got wrong to earn this?” she huffed frustrated showing the scratches on her elbow. “Elbow guards are not for princesses, Princess!” he replied standing up from his seat taking his roller blade with him to show the younger how it should be done. Nana just shook her head with a smile as she watch the two lovebirds head for the ramp. She was eyeing on how Key is half forcing the girl on wearing the elbow guard, chuckling softly at the strong disapproval body language coming from Eunji when T.O.P’s voice brought her gaze to her side.

“Too bad you’re retiring, we could have snatched the ‘sweet couple’ title from the two if not,” T.O.P said taking the empty seat left by Key earlier. Nana hands him his water bottle with laughter. “I must say being the cheerleader is not really my thing but we ain’t be doing that either,” she pointed to the two who is now skating hand in hand at the park earning a soft laugh from the other. “So, I heard you even had to change your room last week? It hadn’t been a month and you lost your room and a scooter,” T.O.P uttered leisurely making a conversation as he leaned back. Nana eyes diverted back to the guy who’s now comfortably lying on his back with his hand as his pillow looking at her tentatively. “I have no idea we’re counting stuffs I’m losing with this deal? Will I get some sort of compensation or something?” she asked with a grin and T.O.P laughed. “I can’t be offering you the room in our house really,” he shrug with a smirk. “But then, we mostly have class around the same time, why don’t I just pick you up for classes? At least you don’t have to ride the scooter under the hot sun and heavy rain?” he offered genuinely. “Why? Wouldn’t it be troublesome and weird?” the last adjective sounds hushed since she wasn’t too sure of the right word to describe the situation.   “Im Nana, in case you forgot, the whole campus already know us as a thing so coming to campus together is totally normal,” T.O.P added, his hand now blocking the sun blinding his sight. Nana pursed her lips contemplating on the offer. “I’ll think about it and let you know,” she replied after a while, adjusting her sitting position so her shadow could block the sun from his view. T.O.P hummed in approval. “You have to learn to let people do stuffs for you too you know,” he uttered. “That’s what boyfriend does,” he continues with his eyes still closed.

********

author note: Sorry for the lack of TOP & Nana interaction, I'm trying to make the story not too jumpy. There'll be more of their interaction in this upcoming chapters I promise. I hope this update is good. Do subscribes and leave me comments ^^ Thank you~