Two - That~ just happened

Promises

“You really are aiming for the drama queen of the year is it?” Jackson’s question earned a scoffed. “Really?! Right after I open my eyes?” Nana’s reply laced with annoyance. She knew the other was merely joking but the throbbing in her head is no definite joke. “I was expecting a glass of water or something,” and a glass of water appeared in her view. “I have a very weird dream I must say,” she uttered before drinking the whole glass, quenching the thirsty feeling. She was about to continue explaining on her dream but upon looking at the face of the one that held out the glass to her she almost choked.  “Uergh, I guess it’s not a dream!” she dissed after a heavy cough fit. “Not dreaming. You fell gracefully into this person’s arm,” Youngji chirped in from her left pointing at TOP who’s looking at her attentively after taking back the glass he offered earlier.  Nana was about to utter something when Eunji burst into the room with a bag of sandwiches and some snacks. “Oh? You’re up… You want anything from these?” she asked giving Nana the plastic bag. She heaved a sigh accepting the bag, putting on her lap. She adjusted her sitting position.

“You are really in it with this plan don’t you?” Nana is not the rude type. But this situation is too absurd to her. Seeing the hopeful face on Eunji and clueless expression from TOP, it felt so suffocating. Maybe because with the two sincere faces, a part of her wanted to say yes straight away and the other part is so distress with the fact. “We were really hoping you’ll hop on the boat you see, we got it all packed,” Eunji reply shyly and it made Nana chuckles softly at her choice of imagery. “You’ve got nothing to lose, maybe this is the opportunity to finally get Jinhee to stop mending with your life since you’re too nice to tell it on her face,” Youngji was right.

Jinhee is Nana’s sister. More like stepsister. And she wasn’t really the kind type and Jackson will always vote her for evil. When Nana’s biological parents separated, her father marries Jinhee’s mother who was also a divorcee. This is no Cinderella story, her step mom is an angel which is the main reason why Nana had been keeping up with Jinhee ridiculous attitude towards her. Nana’s father passed away about 5 years ago leaving Nana under Jinhee’s mother full custody and she sworn if it’s not because of that awesome lady, she would be completely lost. Figuring that her mom had dealt enough with her, Nana decided that Jinhee’s attitude could just be bear with. But after 5 years, a part of her sometimes wonder if Jinhee were just doing this to annoy the hell out of her

“I need a car, I can’t take the train all the time to class, I need to bring all my stuffs and it’s really hard to commute with the stuffs with public transport,” Jinhee’s screeches downstairs reach all the way to Nana’s room. “We can’t afford another car Jinhee, you can use the scooter if you hate travelling by train,” came the voice of her mom trying to negotiate. “But we have a car, the one Nana’s driving, let me take those,” and that was the whole reason of the noise. Jinhee just want the car Nana’s driving. Hearing the relays and her mother’s pleading voice Nana heaved a sigh and kisses the photo of her dad on her desk. “You can take it; I’ll take the scooter,” Nana said coming down the stair, and Jinhee just harrumphed her way triumphantly with the car while her mother look all sorry.

That’s just one out of the many other occasions where Jinhee will go her way trying to ‘steal’ one after another stuffs from Nana.

“You weren’t really the kind of lovely sister either? So why not?” Jackson pitched in bringing Nana back to the white room. Coming back to her realization, Nana was quick to stretch her leg to the side trying to leave before her head ache actually stops her. “I told you to not stress yourself didn’t I?” came the familiar voice of Dr. Cho. Nana heave a sigh and her heart beat regains its’ normal pulse. “They brought you in saying you fainted at the park,” he continues stating the fact as she eyed the room acknowledging the other 4 pairs of eyes. “I wasn’t stressing Dr.Cho. I told you I’m slowly stopping my outside activities, I’d say it’s the heat,” she bluffed knowing the Doctor could tell with the knowing nods. “Do I need to stay?” she asked. “I was about to check,” he walked to her bed, taking the doctor’s chart and flipping through the pages. “Just about time, right?” he said looking at Nana and the girl nods in reply. “So far so good, remember what I told you, no stress,” he ended his check up and dismisses himself. “So… you can leave?” Eunji asked from the corner. “Yes, I’m just gonna go home,” Nana replied sharp. “Jinhee was there…” came Youngji’s soft voice, Nana’s head snap to her direction. “And she saw it all and stomp her way back with your car,” Jackson added. “She saw?!” Nana asked. “You’re kind of in it already,” TOP added. “Just about right,” Nana heave a sigh.

 

********

author's note: Sorry I took long when the chapter is already there. I'll try to upload the third chapter by this week as I continue to write this piece. Thank you for subscribing and please leave some comments :* I love you all~