♢ GHOST : THE THIRD CHAPTER

♢ GHOST : THE REBELLION。━ AND SO IT BEGINS.

 



 "This is really happening.

        AUTHOR'S NOTE       
hello my beautiful peeps, i'm so sorry for the delay. it's been like a month since i last updated, but there's a reason; that being summer classes and my life suddenly becoming more busy. i at managing my time wisely so that is why i haven't been able to write much. moving on, congrats to mooncastles and her character, kim joowon! joowon is such a cute and mysterious character; he'll be loved by both serin and senji. anyways, i hope you enjoy this chapter. you peeps are really clever when it comes to riddles like damn, you guys just figured it out in only a few hours. as for more riddles in the future, maybe there will be more. i haven't decided yet lol. 
                                              



    HE SEEMS A LITTLE STRANGE.    
"I think he might be one of Rin's new boy toys. God bless his soul." - Senji

Deep in a medium-sized office cubicle, there was a man typing away on his computer, so focused that he didn’t notice the irritated glare of his fellow colleague.  Even though the man could sense someone’s presence at the door of his office, the desire to type all of his thoughts down were more important than having a pointless chat. After getting multiple tips from one of his connections, the man was eager to type down all of this information before it left his brain.

“Earth to Joowon! Hello! Can you hear me?” The bright orange-haired man yelled, hitting the side of Joowon’s office door in aggravation.

“One minute, Insoo.” Joowon replied.

“I’ve been waiting for more than five minutes already. What’s more important than talking to me?”

“It’s called doing my job.”

“Wow, way to make me feel like complete . What did you find out this time?” Insoo said, rolling his eyes.

“None of your business. Now, go away.”

After several minutes of Insoo trying to get Joowon’s attention, he finally left Joowon’s office when he realized that he wasn’t going to get any information from Joowon. Once Insoo set off to annoy another person, Joowon made his computer screen dimmer. With the screen darker than usual, Joowon reopened the window that displayed an email from an anonymous source. Even though he tried to track the IP address, the search revealed nothing. The IP address came from the local library downtown.

Hello Joowon,
I’m glad that you’ve accepted my deal of exchanging information. Although, I do not trust you so I want to test you. Prove to me that you’re worthy enough of this trade. Solve this riddle and we will meet tomorrow afternoon. Good luck.

Following the end of work, Joowon made his way to the second riddle’s answer.

What starts with “P” and ends with “E” and has more than 1000 letters?

The riddle had almost tricked him, but in the end, Joowon prevailed. The answer to the second riddle was the post office.  Getting into his car, Joowon drove off to the post office, expecting the worse of the worse. Even though he was far more intelligent than the average human, he was still insecure about being wrong. Despite making a deal with the anonymous source, he could tell that the source had many tricks up his sleeve. During the whole time they sent emails to each other, Joowon was able to grasp that the source loved writing cryptic messages. The source’s letters weren’t straightforward at all. It was like he enjoyed playing mind games with Joowon.

When he arrived at the post office, Joowon made sure to look at his watch.

How many seconds are there in a year?

There were only two options in executing this riddle. It was either he arrived at the post office at 12 p.m. in the afternoon or that the P.O. box number was twelve. Although, when Joowon figured out the third riddle, he realized that he had to come to the post office at 12 p.m.

With five minutes to spare, Joowon suddenly got a text message from an unrecognized number. With great curiosity, Joowon checked the message only to be shocked that it was his unknown source.

I see you. I was right about you. Go to the one without hair; give him a wink and your name.

Lining up with the other customers in the post office, Joowon waited for his turn to talk to the bald mail clerk. As ten minutes passed, Joowon was finally given his chance and walk to the mail clerk. Looking side to side, Joowon awkwardly gave the clerk a wink. Despite the strange look on the clerk’s face, the man asked him for his name.

What starts with an “E”, but only has a single letter in it?

“Kim Joowon.” Joowon answered, feeling a bit flustered. He was probably sure that his wink looked weird by the look on the mail clerk’s face. The clerk looked like he wanted to laugh. After some shuffling, the clerk handed him a black envelope with his name on it. Joowon thanked the clerk and soon made his way out of the post office.

What travels around the world, but stays in one spot?

“Where’s the stamp?” Joowon mumbled to himself, looking over the envelope. Inside his car, Joowon opened the envelope to investigate what was inside it. Inside the envelope were a metal key and a small letter.

Let’s meet here, don’t be late or else.

Plugging the coordinates into his navigation system, Joowon started the car and drove to the given location. When he arrived at the address, an abandoned warehouse welcomed him. Even though the warehouse was terrifying, Joowon wasn’t going to lose this opportunity due to him being a chicken. After he stepped out of his car, he quickly walked to the entrance of the warehouse. The faster he walked, the faster he would be able to get out of the death trap of a building.

   AT THE HEADQUARTERS : 11 O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING   

“Ready, let’s go!” Serin shouted, moving her body to the rhyme of the music. Even though it was early in the morning, Serin and Miyeon were having the time of their lives, dancing their heart out. Miyeon was finally an official member of GHOST. So in order to celebrate, Serin dragged Miyeon’s body out of bed and helped her move into GHOST’s headquarters. As soon as they were done, arranging all of Miyeon’s stuff into one of the huge bedrooms, Serin blasted some loud music. Moving her body to the loud music, Serin laughed as Miyeon was showing off her amazing dance moves.

“Oh my gosh, Cam! Yes, girl!” Serin laughed loudly, slapping her hands on her knees.

Miyeon, being the charming nut she is, was grinding on Serin. Rin tried to keep her composure, but she couldn’t contain herself. She was laughing so hard that her eyes were tearing up. While Miyeon was dancing, she started to make these funny seductive faces, killing Serin with laughter.

“ing , my stomach hurts so much!” Serin guffawed, trying to keep up with Miyeon.

“That’s why they call me coffee, cause I grind so fine.” Miyeon chuckled, continuing to dance on Serin. As the two girls were rocking out to the favorite jams, Senji was in front of Miyeon’s bedroom door. Although Senji wanted to open the door, he was scared of what was going to be behind the door. After hearing what Miyeon said about grinding coffee, Senji was petrified of opening the door. Sorting himself out, Senji finally built the courage to open it.

“Oh my lord. My cousin’s getting it on with one of our members.” Senji’s jaw dropped when he saw Miyeon and Serin dancing very close to each other. Sure, he questioned Serin’s uality many times, but this was full-on proof.

“What in Noma’s world are you two doing?” Senji yelled over the loud music. Taking matters into his own hands, Senji swiftly walked to the stereo on Miyeon’s dresser, turning the loud rap music off.

“Let’s go to the beach, each. Let’s go get a wave. They sa-“ Serin and Miyeon sang before suddenly stopping. Looking over to the side, they both glared at Senji, who gave them a weak smile.

“Senji, didn’t you just see that we were having a dance party.” Serin stated.

“Well, Noma asked me to tell you that there’s another member we’re meeting. He’s currently waiting at the old warehouse, located near our gym. I would do it, but Noma said he wanted you to do it.” Senji informed, rubbing the back of his neck.

“But I want to spend more time with Cam.” Serin whined, giving Miyeon a hug.

“Yeah, why does she have to leave me? We were having so much fun before you got here, Jiji.” Miyeon frowned, reciprocating Rin’s hug.

“Noma requested it.”

“Since he did, I guess I have to do it.” Serin pulled out of Miyeon’s hug with hesitation. Fixing the skirt she was wearing, she gave Miyeon a sad smile before walking out.

“We can have our dance party again once you get home.” Miyeon assured. A distant “yay” was soon heard in the background.

“Serin’s going to take a long time so I’ll just keep you company.” Senji beamed.

“Actually, I’m tired. All of that dancing made me sleepy. Wake me up when she get’s home.”

“But what am I going to do?” Senji gave Miyeon a pouty face, but it didn't affect her at all.

“I don’t know, and I don’t care. I need some shut-eye.” Miyeon replied, passing out on her big, plush bed.

“B-but…” Senji stuttered, his words fading into the distance. When Miyeon finally fell asleep, Senji sighed and covered her body with a cozy blanket.

   AT THE WAREHOUSE : 1 O'CLOCK IN THE AFTERNOON   

As Joowon stood inside the dim building, he, all of a sudden, saw a small body appearing in his line of vision. The tiny figure soon turned into a female with long brunette hair. Making her way off to Joowon, Serin gave him a salute.

“Hello there, big guy. The name’s Rin.”

“U-um, hello. I’m Kim Joowon.” Joowon started rubbing his right ear. He did not expect his anonymous source to be a woman, and a very attractive one at that. Even though she was beautiful, he could notice the muscle definition in her arms. That made him realize that she wasn’t someone to be messed with.

“I know. You’re the cute journalist that Noma keeps telling me about. Honestly, your pictures don’t serve you justice. Your face is too damn attractive. How are you not a model?” Serin said, checking out Joowon’s body. Moving in circles around him, Serin looked over Joowon’s body with a smirk. Though he was a little lanky, she knew that he had potential.

“Who’s Noma?” Joowon blurted, rubbing his right ear even more. Joowon wanted to keep his composure, but his nervousness was getting the best of him. Usually, women would never approach him with such bold comments, but she was different. Joowon couldn’t stop his face from blushing severely after hearing her compliment.

“He’s my right-hand man. He’s also the man you’ve been talking to for the past few months.”

“Ah, I see.” Joowon nodded.

“I’m going to make a deal with you, Joowon. A deal that benefits both you and I. Have you ever heard of the rebel group, GHOST?” Serin questioned.

“Of course, who hasn’t? They’re one of the biggest rebel groups out there. They’re all over the newspapers these days. I’ve been gathering a bunch of research on them.” Joowon remarked.

“Well, dear little Wonnie, let’s just say I’m the leader of GHOST. And I would like to make you an official member of our organization, so what do you think?”

“Are you serious?” Joowon choked. Out of all people, he did not expect a woman to be the leader of a major rebel organization. Although, at the same time, it made sense seeing how Serin’s personality was.

“O-of course, you’re the leader of GHOST. I’m just surprised since the possibility of a woman being the leader is low.”

“So what do you think of the offer?” Serin demanded.

“Despite the fact that I can’t handle violence, I think it would be beneficial for the both of us. It would be a pleasure to work with you.”

“I’m glad that you’ll be joining us, Won won. I’ll make sure to leave you out of all of the violence. Don’t worry, little Wonnie. I’ll take great care of you.” Serin smiled, shaking his hand.