Chapter 4 - It's Hurts Somehow

The Forgotten

It's Hurts Somehow


“I love today’s menu!”

“You love everyday’s menu, Mijoo-ah.” Jiae said as they both walked to an empty seat.

As they walking, Jiae’s eyes caught a back that was familiar for her. She walked further and saw that figure was no other than Youngjae. The girl stopped suddenly, made Mijoo also mirroring her action.

“Hey, why?”

She looked at Mijoo and pointed the seats behind Youngjae with her chin. “Let’s go there.”

“Fi-,” before Mijoo finished her speech, Jiae already went toward those seats. Mijoo shrugged and followed her.

Jiae took the seat right behind Youngjae meanwhile Mijoo was infront her. The boys behind Jiae was talking when they arrived.

Mijoo seemed didn’t notice anything and just focusing on her food. Meanwhile Jiae had her attention divided by food and eavesdroping the conversation behind her.

“Hahaha! This is even greater than Himchan’s hyung prediction! So she really did that to you?” Daehyun couldn’t hold his laugh when there was still food on his mouth.

“Hm...” Youngjae only nodded weakly.

“So basically, she was only playing with you hyung?” the other boy with tall figure asked innocently.

Youngjae groaned. “Ah, I don’t know Junhong-ah. Don’t make a conclusion like that.” Youngjae tilted his head up and slumped his body.

“Ya, Junhong-ah, watch your mouth. He might beat you if you talk bad about ‘his’ girl.” Daehyun warned jokingly.

“I’m sorry...” Junhong said in a low voice but giggling at the end.

“What do you think about this, Jongup?” Daehyun suddenly asked the boy on his right.

“About what hyung?” Jongup didn’t leave his eyes from his food.

“That heartbroken guy.”

Jongup raised his head up and looked at depressed-youngjae. “I don’t know.” The boy just grinned stupidly.

“I shouldn’t ask you.”

Youngjae suddenly stood from his seat made the person infront him startled.

“I’m leaving guys.”’

“Ya! Yoo Youngjae!” Daehyun shouted but got ignored by Youngjae who kept walking.

“That punk.”

Jiae turned her head towards Youngjae. Her eyebrows were bought together and mouth was turned down, looking at that guy.

“So he already has a girlfriend?” she whispered.

“Who has a girlfriend?” Mijoo asked.

“No, no one.” Jiae put a smile fake and pick her tomato cherry.

Mijoo sneered at Jiae with her full mouth. “I know you’re lying and I will ask you later after I finished my lunch.”

Jiae chuckled at the sight of her bestfriend. Mijoo was so honest with her expression and words. Sometimes, Jiae worried that ot would get her into a trouble.

“Aigoo... my cute friend. Eat well, hm?” Jiae her hair like a baby.

“Alright mom~” Mijoo said cutely, responding well to Jiae’s joke. And they bursted in laugh again, giving them weird look from the students.

--

Few days later, Jiae was alone at the bus stasion infront her school. The wind was blowing hard, made the girl tightened her cardigan around her small body. She tilted her head up, looking at the dark and gloomy sky. Jiae wished the bus would come faster before the rain fell.

The bus came not long after that. Jiae climbed in to the bus with the other students. Luckily for her, the bus was not full, so she could sit beside the window.

More peoples went into the bus. Jiae leaned her head on the window, watching the rain that started to fell on the town. She snuggled on the window, felt sleepy because of the cold. Jiae almost drifted to sleep, when she felt something was budging beside her.

The girl lazily turned her right, only to saw Youngjae who was grinning at her.

“What are you doing here?”

“Can’t I be here? It’s a public transportation right?”

“I mean.. why are you sitting beside me?”

“There’s no empty seat left except the one beside you.” Youngjae crossed his arms and legs.

Jiae scanned the bus from corner to corner. “There’s one there. Move.” She pointed the seat in back row beside the glass window.

Youngjae turned his head towards the direction that she was pointing at. “Ups, I don’t see that before. Sorry but my already feel comfortable here.” Youngjae showed his most annoying smirk. Jiae wished she could hit that face with electric swatter on her home.

“Whatever. Just don’t disturb me.”

“I don’t disturb you, silly.” Youngjae put his headphone. “You’re the one who turned to me and started this conversation. Aren’t you?”

Jiae rolled her eyes at the smug look on Youngjae’s face, and leaned her head again on the window.  She made a simple note on her mind to never argue with that boy. He would always come up with some argument, and she would totally lose the battle.

Jiae glanced one more at him and found that the boy was sleeping. Perhaps. While listening to the music from his phone.

The glance turned into a stare. Jiae scanned his side profile, slowly. Handsome, she thought. And that made her heart beat faster than before. She put a palm on her chest, tried to calm her fragile heart somehow.

She didn’t understand it why she like him when all he did was bothering her. Is it just because his voice?

Jiae shifted her eyes and looking outside the window. In her heart, she was admitting that she had a crush on that guy. A little crush.

She looked again to Youngjae.

But why it’s hurt when I knew that you already have a girl?


Short update. Feel lazy these days ._.

Sorry for any mistakes.

Pls leave a comment guys ~.~ I know you're reading it ^.~