Chapter 2 - Do I Like Him?

The Forgotten

 

Do I Like Him?


“Mijoo-ya, am I silly?”

Jiae asked while munching the popcorn that Mijoo bought. No, they were not in Cinema. They were just in a auditorium, waiting for the talent contest to get started. And Mijoo like to bought snacks even popcorn in a event like this.

“Mijoo-ya..”

No reply.

“Lee Mijoo..”

Jiae turned up her voice a bit, but still no reply from the girl beside her.

She finally turned her head, only to saw Mijoo who was in the middle of sipping her yoghurt. Her eyebrows formed a ‘V’ and her eyes were looking straight infront of her.

“Are you still mad?”

Mijoo ignored her question again and still the yoghurt. But the sound of the straw the air could be heard, made Jiae chuckled.

“Ya, just throw it.”

Mijoo angrily threw the empty bottle into a plastic bag. The girl snorted and crossed her arms, not ever her eyes left the empty stage.

“I’m sorry...” Jiae said in a low voice.

Hearing that, Mijoo’s expression was softened and finally turned her head, facing Jiae.

“Tell me about before.”

Jiae was happy because her method was succeed. Her nose scrunched up as she smiling.

“The boy is the one that I met days ago...” Jiae’s face changed 360o,  her eyelids and lips were tensed and her brows were furrowed.

“The one who make you embarassed?!”

“Sshh... lower your voice.” Jiae put her finger on her lips, and Mijoo was insensibly copying her gesture while brought her body nearer Jiae.

“Really?”

“Yes.”

“No wonder you were so pissed off before. What he did to you?”

“He said that I’m a silly person. Is that true?” Jiae peered at Mijoo’s eyes, demanding an answer that she wanted. Mijoo also looked at Jiae with her big eyes before she pulled back her body and chuckled. “Well, a little.”

“Ya! I’m not silly!” She jutting out her lower lip and crossed her arms.

“Alright, you’re not. Haha. Now, smile my friend.” Mijoo pulled the corner of Jiae’s lips with her fingers and uncrossed her hands.

“The show will start soon!” Mijoo screamed, getting them glares from their surrounding.

“Whoops...”

And with that, they bursted into a laugh together.

---

45 minutes later.

Jiae yawned and bite the ice scream scoop in her hand. Her eyelids were so heavy, that she thought she could sleep anytime. The girl on the stage made it worse, with sang a ballad song with not a great voice.

“Mijoo-ya. You have to pay for this. This is so boring as hell.” Jiae elbowed her friend.

..............

“Lee Mijoo...”

Jiae turned her head, only to found the girl beside her slept with mouth slightly opened. Jiae couldn’t believe her eyes, Mijoo was the one who asked her to went here, yet she was the one who fell asleep first. Jiae shook her body.

“Emm... what’s wrong?” Mijoo opened her eyes a little and rub it together, acting like nothing happened.

“What a great reason for you to bring me here.” Jiae sarcastically said.

“I’m sorry Jiae..” Mijoo finally gathered her soul back. “I don’t know that this would be boring.”

“It’s very good at first, but why everyone sing ballads afterwards? Their voices doesn’t even match the songs.”

“You’re right. Most of the performer are juniors though, so that’s why it is so boring. It doesn’t happen last year when our peers performed.”

Jiae just clicked her tongue and nod. “Let’s just go.”

The two girls almost got up from their seats, but the MC announced the next contestant that made them decide to stayed a little longer.

“It’s our peer.” Mijoo said.

The contestant came fro the backstage and made both of the girls widened their eyes.

“What is he doing here?” Jiae asked.

“Singing, I guess.”

“Woah... I can’t believe it.” Jiae threw her back to the chair and crossed her hands and legs.

“Do you think you can even hear his voice, Jiae?” Mijoo jokingly asked.

“I dont-.”

Her speech was cutted when the boy start to singing. He sang one of 4men’s song. His voice was so good and soft that it made Jiae felt butterflies in her stomach.

---

Jiae threw her body side to the side, hugging tightly her white pillow. “What the hell..”

“Why his voice still ringing in my head? Tck, ah...” She flung the pillow to her side and palmed her forehead.

“But his voice is very good though..” Jiae murmured in low voice.

She recalled the image of Youngjae when he singing that afternoon. The way his hand move, following the rhytim. The way his eyes closed, when he hit those high notes... Jiae couldn’t help but to felt those butterflies again in her stomach.

“Aish, do I like him?”


Wohooo another chapter for today!! 

How is it? Does she like him? What do you think?

Waiting for your comments everyone :D

 

Some pictures and gifs of Jiae because Iove her so much! <3

Please show lots of love for Jiae and Lovelyz <333

Thankyou!