Memories Worth Keeping

Jealousies and All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hyunnie, how long will you keep this fight with Yonghwa-ssi?” Taeyeon asked after Seohyun finished talking to Yonghwa. “De?” Seohyun asked back. Her unnie looked at her questioning. “Unnie, we’re not fighting.” She said and laughed so hard. “What?!” She asked amusingly. “We’re not fighting unnie.” She repeated. “Hyunnie… in that case, you two are still not fighting? You both keep shouting at each other since your dress incident. Even the girls told us that Yonghwa keep on bugging them with the issue. It’s as if the dress is their fault.” Taeyeon commented. And she added, “Ha! I’m amazed.” She is currently alone with her Taeyeon unnie in their dressing room since Tiffany is one of the MC of the event. Seohyun kept on smiling at her. She doesn’t know how to explain their situation right now. Indeed, they are shouting at each other. But ever since they both decided to live together 3 years ago, Seohyun finally broke all the walls that she had built just for Yonghwa. She had been the most comfortable whenever she is talking to him and whenever they are together. She plays the usual Seohyun at their home, the upright and nagging Seohyun to him – and only to him. Even her parents are surprised seeing Seohyun as a carefree person when it comes to Yonghwa. Of course, only if they are at their house.

For almost 4 years, they have kept their relationship discreet. They know the consequences if they will announce to the public that they are really dating. She remembered how many all-nighters Yonghwa has to gone through just for her – not for the band alone. She was very thankful to him for keeping up his pace with her. She knows she is very difficult person to reach out since she started to see the real world at a very young age. Just like when they first met during their WGM era.

“I think you’re very difficult person to approach.”

“Me?”

“Yes”

“Not really. Once we’re close, it’ll be fine.”

Truly, Yonghwa did not give up. Their mutual attraction started mid-2010 during their filming days of We Got Married. At her young age, she doesn’t know the meaning of liking and loving someone. She even dared to ask Yonghwa what is the difference between the two. But as time passed by, feelings started to outgrew in her. She may be bubbly, but she had been bubblier after every meeting with him. Nonstop “Yong oppa is this…”, “Yong oppa is that…”, “Yong oppa bought me…”, “Yong oppa messaged me…”, “Yong Oppa called me…”, so on and so forth. Her Hyoyeon unnie had to put her earphones just so she can sleep. 12 hours or a day spent with him filming feels like a month, a year and a decade. She is happy yet she is scared. But after their double birthday celebration filming, Yonghwa bravely admitted that he is starting to like her, too. The fact that Yonghwa just debuted for only a year with his band mates and that she is too young for relationships, they both agreed to just remain close friends but Yonghwa clarified that when the time is right he will pursue her. Surprisingly, she agreed. She asked her unnies opinion and gave her their blessings. “After all, you’re 21 already.” Her Taeyeon unnie said. Yonghwa did not fail to show his affections towards her. He made sure he will be able to communicate with her almost every day. “Talking to you even for few minutes gives me strength.” She remembered him saying those words whenever she reprimands him of calling her during late hours, knowing that he had a very busy schedule. He needs to rest, of course. But instead, he is spending his midnight hours calling her. Yonghwa is filming a drama series that year, one of the main reasons why their WGM has to put to an end.

During the airing of his drama series, a lot of rumored dating scandals came out between Yonghwa and his on screen partner who happened to be the leading lady on Yonghwa’s debut acting series, YAB in 2009. Their fans kept on linking him with her despite of him clarifying that they are only good friends since she is the first female celebrity he had worked for quite a time with. Seohyun hated to admit but she felt insecure and jealous. She secretly watched the episodes and behind the scenes shoot uploaded on an internet site. “They have good chemistry, no doubt.” She remembered telling herself. With those doubtful feelings, she started to keep her distance from him. As much as she could, she avoided his calls and hoping that they would not meet in an event. Unluckily, fate is working against her. After few months of avoiding him, she was informed that she will be sharing a special duet stage with no other than, Jung Yong Hwa. They have to perform the song they both created during their WGM year. That song holds a special place in their hearts. The melody, lyrics and meaning of that song is the story of their heart. He again held her hands. He again melted her heart with his loving stares. No doubt, she is in love.

“Are you ok?” Yonghwa asked her after their live performance.

“De, oppa.” She answered, almost a whisper.

“You’ve been ignoring me.”

“Sorry?” She pretended not to hear.

“You’re not answering my calls most of the time. If you will answer, you will immediately cut me by telling me that you’re very busy. You’ve been interacting with my dongsaengs. But you did not even spare a single smile at me.”

She felt guilty upon hearing those words from Yonghwa. She admitted to her unnies that she had been watching his drama and reading some news regarding him and his on screen partner. She remembered they told her that she had to accept the fact that she is jealous. Indeed she is. She is also insecure because of the age difference between them, insecure because they can only spend time on the phone and not even showing to the whole world that they are much closer to each other than him and the girl. And yes, jealous. She is jealous because she hates the fact seeing him smiling and looking at her with no awkwardness at all. L

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter