Where It Began (Random Chapter)

Jealousies and All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yonghwa and Seohyun officially became a couple few months after they finished filming We Got Married. Since they are both idols and CNBLUE is still establishing their place in the entertainment industry, FNC Entertainment strongly disapproved Yonghwa’s relationship with Seohyun. The members were reprimanded by their CEO. Their managers were also scolded and threatened to be transferred to other groups since they can’t handle their artists well. There is no strict dating clause on CNBLUE’s contract with their agency. However, after a successful debut, CEO Han Sung Ho personally requested a meeting with the members along with the managers and their staffs. He requested the members to avoid any dating rumors or scandal that may arise which will hinder them to reach the top. He also said, “You all know that our company is not that strict with dating issues. But since you are yet to establish your name, I request you to at least avoid dating for now. All I am asking is for now. We can talk about this again once we have established your band in the industry.”  CNBLUE diligently followed what their CEO had requested until Yonghwa met Seohyun, the SNSD maknae.

Unlike Yonghwa’s agency, SM Entertainment is very strict when it comes to dating issues of their artists. They prohibit them to be in a relationship in a given period of time explicitly stated in their signed contracts. When the company learned about their relationship, they arranged a meeting with FNC Entertainment along with Yonghwa and Seohyun and all the members of their group. Both of the CEOs sturdily object for them to date. They laid all the cons of them dating. Once they are caught, it will result to a bad image of both of the groups. Instead of arguing, Yongwha and Seohyun did not say anything; the CEOs believed that everything went well. But with the help of the members of both groups, the two secretly meet each other. Afraid that it might cause a scandal, the two agencies finally agreed to let them date but in the condition that they will never show any affection or sign of closeness towards each other on cam and will continuously deny all the dating rumors about them. Agreeing to this, Yonghwa and Seohyun felt relieved. However, Han Sung Ho did not stop there. Of all people, he knows that CNBLUE will bring the agency farther than where it is now and he doesn’t want that to be ruined in a blink of an eye.

Late 2011.

“Now that you can freely date…” Han Sung Ho started the conversation one night.

“Who calls that freely dating Sajangnim? We can’t even talk and greet each other in public.”

“But despite that, you’re the only artist I had given an approval to date.”

“Hongki-ssi?” Yonghwa asked knowing that their CEO is lying.

Han Sung Ho swallowed the lump on his throat.

“Your case is different with Hongki, Yonghwa.”

“How is it different?” He asked again without looking at their CEO and pretended to be busy scribbling.

“They debuted 4 years ago, FT Island already made a name in the industry.”

“CNBLUE have not?”

“Look Yonghwa, I didn’t know you’ll be this stubborn just because you are in love.”

“I am not stubborn. I’m just asking for fair answers Sajangnim.”

“I am giving you fair answers Yonghwa.”

“How fair is that?”

Han Sung Ho sighed knowing he will not win over Yonghwa that time.

“Hongki started in this industry when he was still young. He and FT Island already had their label when you debuted as an actor, Yonghwa. That’s already a given fact. I, to be very honest, also restricted them to date especially colleagues during their first 2 years. And thankfully, they followed. Only after that, I personally allowed them to date but reminded to keep it low since I don’t want them to create scandals.”

“Why are you telling this to me now?”

“You’re asking for fair answers, Yonghwa.”

Yonghwa finally looked up to their CEO with questionable look.

“CNBLUE just debuted a year ago - a year ago may I emphasize. Though you had a successful debut, you seriously have a long way to go still. When you worked with Shinhye-ssi few years back, I sensed that you started to have feelings for her. Knowing her and her manager, I don’t have any worries. But to you, I had. Then WGM came, I did not hesitantly approved when I heard from our staff that they are ready for in talks with you as another main stay of the new season. The show can help us promote your band and will also get me relieved that your feelings for Shinhye-ssi will soon vanish.” He explained.

“I never had feelings for her.”

“You had, Yonghwa-ssi.”

Yonghwa sighed because in truth, his CEO is right.

“I knew WGM is a false deal. They never had a couple that became real after their show. And I was very confident that you would only do your part for pure business. When I also heard that your partner will be Seohyun-ssi, I rested my worries behind. But then rumors suddenly arise only after few months of filming with her, I immediately asked your group and your managers since dating rumors kept on coming.”

“You signed me in that show Sajangnim, you should have prepared yourself that dating rumors will arise.”

“I prepared myself Yonghwa-ssi. But I did not prepare myself to the fact that you will go far beyond.”

“Sajangnim, this talk is going nowhere. I don’t know what you are trying to point out. Can you just say it directly?”
“You caught me there.”

Yonghwa again gave him a questionable look.

“I purposely signed you to work with Shinhye-ssi again so that rumors of you and Seohyun-ssi will finally be outdone. Your group gained so many haters and Korea fan base did not expand as I was expecting when you started doing WGM. But when you made a comeback drama with Shinhye-ssi, everything went well. Thus concluding, your fans do not bother pairing you with her rather than being paired with a SNSD member.

“Make your point, Sajangim.” Yonghwa said irritably.

“In order for us to alleviate your dating rumors with Seohyun-ssi, you will continue to entertain the rumors of you and Shinhye-ssi dating, as long as you are still in a relationship. We can take this as a counter attack to rumors.”

“Wha-what?!” He shouted surprisingly.

“I hope we can agree on this Yonghwa. You finally had me agreed with your relationship with Seohyun-ssi. This is the only thing I can think of so that we can work things out.”

“Shinhye-ssi knew about this?”

“Remarkably, she agreed. She’s willing to help you, Yonghwa.”

“So to make this short, you’re now informing me that no matter what happens I just need to ride with all the rumors that will spread between me and Shinhye, right Sajangnim?”

Han Sung Ho looked at Yonghwa and he nodded.

“I am doing this for my band, Sajangnim.”

“I trust you, Yonghwa.”

And that it is how everything started. Seohyun, in opposite is a very jealous person, more jealous than Yonghwa. When she learned the agreement between Yonghwa and his agency, she was very mad to the extent that she cursed Yonghwa for agreeing.

“Joohyun-ah, you know I am doing this for the band.” Yonghwa said over the phone.

No response.

“This will also benefit both of us. We can lessen the rumors about us and we can relax. Also I want my members to reach their dreams. If we will be caught this early, I can’t look myself at the mirror anymore knowing I shattered their dreams. Unlike you and SNSD, we still have long roads to take.”

“For the band? Really? Or for yourself?” Seohyun answered.

“Are you hearing yourself, Joohyun?”

“I am very much aware of your feelings towards her.”

“That WAS before, Joohyun. Do I need to emphasize that to you?”

“But this is unfair! You can work together anytime they want despite the dating rumors between you and her!”
“Jashik!” Yonghwa scoffed.

“You’re actually happy with that agreement rather than being upset, are you?”

“Jashik! You’re jealous?”

Seohyun rolled her eyes. “Of course! Do I need to spell out that to you?” She said to herself.

“Why would I?” Seohyun asked trying to sound angry.

“Jashik!” Yonghwa laughed again.

“Seriously, Yonghwa-ya!”

“Okay, okay!” He said in between laughs. “Look Joohyun, they can talk what they want to talk about me and Shinhye-ssi. They can put all the rumors and lies on their front page news. Fans can speculate anything they want to speculate, I don’t give a damn. As long as I can protect you and the band, I will go with the flow wholeheartedly. You’re all that matters, Joohyun. You and I, ahrasseo?”

Yonghwa did not hear any response.

“Joohyun?”

He heard her sigh.

“Don’t expect me to go easy on this Yonghwa-ya. But alright, I’ll be fine for now regarding this.”

“That’s my girl.”

“You better be careful on what you say and do when you’re with her.” Seohyun said in a threatening voice.

“Aigoo, someone is very jealous.” He said and laughed out loud.

“Yah, Jung Yong Hwa!!!”

“Ahrasseo, ahrasseo!” He finally gives in but still suppressing his laughter.

Yonghwa and Seohyun were never seen to interact at each other on cam. Even if their music promotions collided, they will only pass by at each other giving speculations to mostly everyone that after their WGM show ended, there was nothing else between the two. There were only small instances that they will smile at each other or wave at each other but apart from that, nothing more can be seen from them.

August, 2012.

“Yonghwa-ya!” She shouted and tried to slap Yonghwa on his arms.

“Whoah! Easy, Joohyun-ah.” He said while dodging Seohyun’s slap.

“See?!” She said frustrated while showing him an article at an entertainment website.

“What will I see?” Yonghwa asked teasingly.

Yonghwa knows what Seohyun wanted to show. Again, rumors and headlines came flooding from fan cafes and entertainment news regarding the successful Heartstrings Fan Meeting last July in Japan.

“Ay Yonghwa-ya! I’m telling you!”

“Mwo? What did I do, Joohyun?”

“I told you! I told you to be careful with your words or actions when it comes to her! See how people are misleading your sweetness, thoughtfulness and playfulness!!!” She said, still frustrated. But he just smiled.

“Don’t smile at me Jung Yong Hwa! I’m not playing with you.”

“You know it is for work.”

“Ha! What kind of work is that? No secrets between the two of you? Really?” She asked sarcastically.

“I think you’re getting jealous over nothing.”

“How do you call this nothing?” Seohyun asked while showing off to his face the tablet she is holding.

“We are just that close. You know that, right?”

“I don’t see any sense of just closeness here, Yonghwa-ya. I see affection. AFFECTION, JUNG YONG HWA!”

“Ya, Joohyun! We’ve talked about this issue over and over, right?”

“That is why I am getting upset. I don’t really feel this idea even though you already agreed with your CEO.”

“But see? I noticed that the people bashing you are slowly decreasing since their eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter