. Chapter 4

Limits of control

And there i was, staring at this lovely mystery in the arms of another man, giving him violent kisses, while he smirked like a ing prick. He was doing a pretty bad job at trying to conceal the fact he was groping her , but, as usual, he didn't seem to care much; even thought her brother was meters away, staring oddly at them. 

'' Seems like someone missed me '' He whispered nuzzling into her hair

'' Will you let go of your old buddy? You have plenty of time to catch up again '' Kai interrupted the scene 

Firstly Kai had a secret sister, and now his distant cousin was in a relationship with her? Did she even know he had a girlfriend he always bragged about? I thought she was more intelligent than that...I thought I was more intelligent, how could these people hide so many things without me noticing?

She smiled and let go of his grip. I looked over at Chan Yeol to see him staring at her with a look that held so many emotions, all just for her. I shifted my weight from one foot to another, rather uncomfortable by the scene. 

'' Shouldn't you be preparing for your appointment with Amelia ? '' Kai asked, trying to break the weird situation

'' Oh you are so right '' Eun Hee exclaimed turning around and ping her dress, freeing herself from it and standing in her underwear. And by underwear i mean just her . 

Kai looked unfazed, while Chan Yeol smiled like a freaking dork and i tried to advert my gaze from her bare s, something that wasn't really working. 

'' I think you should change in your room '' Kai simply stated while he told Chan Yeol to follow him into his room. 

She went through the stairs towards her room, her s bouncing with each step. I tried to lift my pants so my clear hard on wouldn't show, even though everyone in the room already noticed it, including the maids who were laughing. The funny thing was that they were laughing at me, while this girl was running around the house as if it was normal. 

'' She sure grew up just fine '' Chan Yeol joked. That happy bastard in . 

 

Three days went by as they normally would. The three of us spent those days going thorough the house, trying to get comfortable with the scenery and ambience. We would talk about meaningless things, laugh at badly timed jokes and relax like the wealthy mother ers we were. 

After we arrived, i didn't talk nor did i see Eun Hee again. I sometimes heard steps that creaked on the old floor, at oddly hours through the house; Kai said that was her thing, lurk around the house without people seeing her. He told me she rarely went out of her room, or of mainly the third floor, where most of her commodities were. I tried not asking much since he seemed nervous and weirdly uncomfortable with the topic and the last thing i wanted was for us to engage on an emotional conversation about his ed up family; but he had mentioned, without much detail or emotion, that her mental health wasn't the best, and there were times she didn't have enough strength, mentally and sometimes even physically, to get out of  bed, i suppose that it was out of depression or some rich kids usually got. He commented that once she had spent two entire months like this, the maids had to bring her food and she only got out to shower, not even bothering about dressing herself.

Deep inside me i actually felt a bit of pity towards her state. I couldn't imagine how bad someone could feel to not get out of the freaking bed for days, or months. 

At my fourth day staying, i was already losing my nerves at the strict rules of Mi Hi. She had prohibited us from smoking, dirtying the place and of asking for food if it wasn't on the normal dinning hours. She was obnoxious and kept making racist comments which i found ignorant and annoying, not to add hypocritical considering she was once a nobody.

At night, already 3 AM, i slowly slipped out my bed and silently made my way to the bathroom, to see if i could finally smoke just one cigarette, the abstinence already driving me crazy. I figure it would be the best since i could flush the evidence and simply spray perfume to cover the smell. 

 

'' HOLY '' I whispered-yelled as i entered

In the middle of the darkness of the bathroom, Eun Hee was inside the empty bathtub, staring at the nothingness in complete silence. 

She didn't even flinch at my actions and simply stood still, looking at me with an unreadable expression that made me feel extremely self conscious 

'' A-are you enjoying the view ? '' I awkwardly asked, trying to break the mood. Truth was i was getting a bit annoyed of this family preventing me from smoking a holy cigarette, so i tried out my acting skills, trying to let her know i wanted to pee

She smiled '' If you're going to take a piss, go ahead, i don't want to interrupt anything '' 

'' You mean...with you in here? '' 

'' Yeah sure, you don't have anything i haven't seen before '' 

I sighted and quickly gave up. It wasn't the first time i had heard her sneak around the house at such hours, but i never thought she actually just sat on a spot and did nothing. Not knowing what the hell i was thinking, i swiftly threw myself on the other side of the bathtub. We were both sitting in front of each other, simply staring at our faces.  

'' Actually, i am not here for that '' 

She quizzically looked at me but didn't talk. It was weird seeing her so off after she was so talkative with her smart remarks a few days ago. 

'' I just wanted to smoke '' I said, pointing at a pack of Marlboro and my lighter

She laughed '' I didn't took you for a rule breaker. Go ahead, if theres something you must know about me is that i enjoy breaking the stupid rules of my mother '' 

I smiled, thankfully there was someone who would breath normally in this house. 

'' , you have a fancy taste don't you? '' 

I knew what she meant. I didn't have many vices, and i wasn't someone who would spend much money on anything, but having a pack of old good Marlboro blend no.27 was always my guilty pleasure. The price was slightly higher, but the taste was amazing, it was one of the few things Kai and i had in common. 

I lighted one and took in the heavenly poison. I had missed them so bad. I blew the smoke into the air and Eun Hee closed her eyes, taking everything in. 

'' Can i ? '' 

'' Yeah sure, here have one '' i pushed the pack towards her

She shook her head in disagreement and crawled towards me, positioning herself between my legs and taking the cigarette off my mouth, blowing it into hers, our faces inches apart. that was such a turn on. I silently looked at her dumb founded, admiring the beautiful decadence of her being.

'' She must have annoyed you right? '' 

'' Well...no i, i mean '' I said pondering whether i should be polite or simply tell her the truth ''Actually, Yes, god yes '' 

She laughed '' You said the truth, how admirable. Don't worry, she does it to everyone ''

I smiled. At least i could feel a bit more comfortable talking to her. If you ignore the and the fact she made my bulge rise up like a flag.

''...So, you and Chan Yeol are a thing? '' 

'' I wouldn't call us a thing. He is a nice man, way too nice for someone like me '' She said suddenly looking through the small window. 

'' Is he? '' I questioned. Truth was he always seemed really, especial. And not in the Kai type of way, but simply especial. He seemed to always laugh at a joke no one had said, he never thought about what he said until his words were already out, he seemed stupid and clumsy. But not in good way. 

'' Yeah he is. He is the only one who visited me ''

'' You say that a lot...'' I said confused over so much mystery '' Visiting...you? '' 

'' Well, i am the second best kept secret of the family '' She commented with a melancholic smile

'' What do you mean? '' 

'' Well, you didn't even know about me. Half of the persons who know my family don't know me and  only my high school director knew i was the daughter of Kim Jung Ju in the whole school. The people who know me do their greatest effort not to mention me and i am like a ghost of the once only daughter of the family '' I could sense the mood was getting worse and worse as she spoke '' When they found out i wasn't able to take the job as the perfect younger daughter they discarded me. They sent me to this house where i could have people to take care of me and sort my out, living as the shadow of who i used to be. No  one ever came to visit, or see if i was alright, not even Kai, and i know he loves me. ''  By now she was laughing, and i didn't understand what was going through her mind 

Seeing i was rather awkward she spoke again '' Don't worry, i totally get why they didn't come. It's the same reason why you can barely face me and it's the fact i am a little bit different and a little bit crazy. They see our deepest secret within me and they are hurt because of that, so they decided to simply stop looking at me. But anyways, what is a powerful family without a few secrets? '' 

I blushed at her words. My paranoiac self couldn't help but think i was an entertainment for her, someone she liked to look down on.

'' Chan Yeol was the only one who visited me. I sometimes questioned if he did that because he pitied me or if he was here just for . I found out it was neither of them '' Her eyes adverted into mine, sending some sort of message i didn't understand '' He likes me. And i grew fond of him since he was the only one who seemed to care enough '' 

I nodded, not really knowing what to say. I was always a bit shy and short of words, Kai was mainly the one who talked, i commented when i thought the time was right. 

 

'' What is the first secret? '' I tried asking feeling uncomfortable with the silence i had created

'' What do you mean? '' 

'' Well, you said you were the second best kept secret of the family. What is the first? ''

 '' Wouldn't you die to know ? '' She teased with a grin '' I could to tell you, but i rather watch it escape from the mouth of another person rather than mine. After all i already told you quite a lot '' 

'' Why do you do that? ''

'' Why do i do what? '' 

'' Why have you told me so many things ? We have met a few days ago '' 

'' Cause my brother trusts you. He doesn't trust many people and bringing someone over here, where i am,  means he must really appreciate you ''

We fell into a comfortable silence while we shared the cigarette. She was still siting between my spread legs, her curious eyes were roaming through my face meanwhile i simply stared at her actions. She was cute; she seemed like a little curious child if you ignored her seductive, intelligent side. Before we could finish it she got up and made her way towards the door.

'' Where are you going? '' I asked, a bit sleepy and confused by her actions

'' Umm...to my room? '' 

'' Oh ''  was all i could mutter 

She closed the door behind her and left me inside the bathtub alone, enjoying the last blow, still looking at the spot where she left, wondering.