-four-

Devil

“I’ve been there once. I’m sure you’ll like it.” Sehun said as the both of them entered the bus they will be travelling with. They sat down in the back. 80% of the other people were above 60 years old.

 

“How long will the drive be?” Luhan mumbled into his scarf. He was freezing again.

 

“Three hours maybe?” Sehun replied.

 

“Okay, wake me up when we’ve arrived.” The younger boy smiled and Luhan snuggled to his side.

 

Luhan lightly snored and he just looked so cute. Just like a baby.

 

Sehun looked out of the window as everything flew past him. Trees. Houses. Streets. Cities. The weight on his shoulder felt really nice.

 

When the bus finally stopped to take a break, Sehun and Luhan were the only people left

 

 

 

“Are we there yet?” Luhan whispered and rubbed his eyes. He had saliva around his lips and quickly wiped it away as soon as he noticed that Sehun had noticed it. Sehun laughed.

 

“Almost.”

 

“Okay, thanks.”

 

Luhan deeply inhaled.

 

“Thanks for sacrificing your free time.”

 

“You’re welcome, Luhan.” Luhan ruffled his hair and turned around to Sehun.

 

 

 

“Can you promise me something?” Sehun nodded and raised his left eyebrow.

 

“Come and visit me in China someday, okay?”

 

“Sure!” The younger boy grinned. “I would love to.”

 

 

 

 

 

“It is raining?” I stared into the sky. It was getting darker. We’ve arrived here about half an hour ago. “I’m sorry, Luhan.”

 

“It’s still nice!” Hyung  said and grabbed my hand to lead me closer to the water.

 

He pulled me down to sit in the sand. We’d decided to go to the beach after we’d checked in the hotel, since the sea was the main reason why we were here.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“Don’t be…rain is absolutely fine to me.”

 

“It is?” Luhan nodded and put one arm around my shoulder.

 

“I was born on a rainy day.”

 

 

 

“At least it isn’t too cold.”

 

“Hm…”

 

“Sehunnie…don’t be disappointed. It is awesome here and I am so thankful.” Luhan grabbed Sehun’s hand and intertwined their fingers.

 

“I wish I could make everything perfect for you.”

 

“Damn, Sehun you are not god.” The younger boy looked down to the sand around his feet.

 

“Enjoy this with me.”

 

Sehun’s heart started to beat like crazy. Approximately 200 beats per minute.

 

 

 

They found a bubble tea shop and bought some – taro and chocolate flavour – on their way back to the hotel since it had gotten darker outside. Some bright stars were already visible

 

Sehun did look better now.

 

“When I’m older, I want to own a house near the beach.”

 

“That’s cute.” Luhan naturally took Sehun’s hand.

 

“You can come too.” The older boy smiled.

 

“I’d love to.”

 

 

 

 

 

We were both sitting on the bed, while watching TV.

 

“Luhan. I can sleep on the floor, if it’s awkward for you to sleep next to me.” Sehun shyly suggested.

 

“I don’t mind…” I answered.

 

“Good!” Sehun said a little too fast and I started to laugh so that you couldn’t hear the TV sound anymore. He blushed.

 

“But be prepared that I go pee a lot during the night. Especially now that I had a delicious cup of bubble tea.”

 

 

 

I opened my eyes and noticed an empty spot next to me.

 

“Luhan? Luhan? Where are you? Luhan!”

 

The bathroom door opened.

 

“I’m here. Everything is alright. Go back to sleep now.” Hyung finally got into the bed again.

 

I grabbed his hand under the blanket. “Will you be visiting us again in the future?” He turned to me.

 

“If you want to?”

 

 

 

 

Sehun opened his eyes and looked into the darkness.

 

 

 

 

 

They were on the way to the airport. Luhan and Sehun were on the backseat of the car with 7 seats.

Luhan was holding the younger’s hand while leaning onto him.

Sehun was forcing his eyes to stay dry.

 

“When exactly is your flight again?” Sehun grabbed Luhan’s hand harder, but he was afraid to hurt Luhan’s delicate fingers.

 

“Too soon.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you okay?” Luhan whispered. We couldn’t get any further. The security checking was only a few meters away from us.

My hands were uncontrollably shaking though Hyung was holding them. We were standing a little away from our parents.

 

“Can’t you just stay here?” I asked and looked into his eyes.

 

“I wish I could…”

 

“Damn, why are you so important to me although I’ve just known you for 4 weeks?”

 

The corners of my eyes became wet and I tried to blink a few times to get back to normal again, but it didn’t work.

 

“I…I’m sor…sorry…I’m a terrible cry-baby.” Luhan tip-toed a little to wipe my tears away and he suddenly kissed me.

 

 

 

 

 

It was my only and maybe even my last chance. It was a slow and soft kiss.

I could feel that he had stopped sobbing and he gasped first, but then he put his arms around me pulling me even closer.

 

I would have been able to continue, but my parents interrupted us. I would have been late for the flight back to China otherwise.

 

Their faces – mom’s, dad’s and Mr. and Mrs. Oh’s – were rather surprised than shocked, which made my pretty happy.

 

Suddenly my eyes got a little teary too.

 

“Come and see my soon, okay?” I whispered, but I wasn’t sure if he got what I said since I was sobbing so much.

 

“I will”, he replied. “I love you, Lu.”

 

 Sehun quickly pecked my lips and then I was already through the door, then to the gate and then to the airplane and then at home again.

 

 

My heart was aching. I wondered if I would ever get used to this paint or if it will slowly tear me apart.