Story 04.

Y O U
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
STORY 04. The One That Got Away

"Settle down now kids" a woman who was at her 40s ordered "I will be introducing your soon to be permanent homeroom teacher that would teach you chemistry" the woman stopped "Please come in" 


When the door opened, stood there a guy who was tall like a model and was wearing a white polo. The new teacher smiled at them and waved causing the girls at the class to swoon. He walked to the center of the platform and held up two of his fingers "Hey, my name is Kris Wu call me Mr. Wu or Mr. Kris whatever you want" 
"Now that he's here I trust that all of you will do your best" the old woman eyed the class "And no monkey business"

Once she left, Kris showed his trademark smile and asked the class "So do you have any questions?"
"Mr. Wu! Mr. Wu!" the girl named Jessica raised her hand
"Uhh" Kris pointed at her "Is it a personal question?" 
Jessica smiled and disregarded his last sentence "Mr. Wu how old are you? And do you have a girlfriend?" 
"I'm 2 years older than you guys. I turned 20 this year, and yes I do have one." Kris calmly answered "Anyone else?" he scanned the room and smiled "You the girl in the back" 
"Aren't you too young to teach us?" 
"Hmm.." Kris hummed "Well I guess I am young but age doesn't define you're capabilities, right?"

 

He looked at his watch and back to the class "I'll be dismissing you early today since it's the first day. So see you tomorrow" 
The girls "awed" since they weren't called but stood up and left the classroom. Kris was still on the center bidding them goodbye; when a girl caught his attention. She was pale as snow; simple but with grace. The girl turned in his direction and bowed slightly smiling at him. Kris who was somehow caught in the moment responded a little too late, but nevertheless smiled back.

As soon as they got out Hyoyeon nudged her friend, "Minyoung-ah isn't Mr Kris handsome?"

"Mr. who?" Minyoung asked her 
Hyoyeon looked at her "Mr. Wu! Our teacher in chemistry!" 
"Oh" Minyoung nodded and shrugged "Not bad I guess.." 
Hyoyeon sighed "You seriously have no taste in men!" 
"I have!" Minyoung faked a hurt expression
"Okay" Hyoyeon laughed

 

*
"Are you guys complete?" Mr Wu asked "Secretary?" 
The secretary, Sunny, stood up "Yes, we are complete" 
Kris smiled "That's great! By the way I have some good news and bad news what do you want to hear first?" 
"Good news!" the class said in unison
"Alright, so the good news is that we won't be meeting tomorrow since it's a holiday" the class cheered
"But!" Kris exclaimed "the bad news is we will be having our quiz the following day."
The class booed, Kris chuckled "Alright, get your notebook and pen ready I'm starting the class."

While Kris talks he would walk all over the classroom, stopping to make emphasis on some matter. "Atoms combine in such a way that each atom has eight electrons in its valence shell, giving it the same electronic configuration as a noble gas" Kris stopped near Minyoung's seat and looked around the class "It's called the octet rule" 


Unaware of  Kris’s presence Minyoung whispered to her seatmate, Seohyun, "Hey, what's octet rule again?"
Kris smiled to himself "The octet rule is where there is eight electrons in its valence shell" Minyoung, who was surprised, looked up at Kris, who was staring back at her, she smiled and nodded writing the things he said.

 

"Minyoung!" Hyoyeon called her "Did you take everything what Mr. Wu said?" Minyoung nodded and sighed "Yes, but it's too complicated.. I'm not sure if you can understand it" she looked at Hyoyeon "Do you want it?" 
Hyoyeon chuckled "I'll take it"
Minyoung nodded and took out her notebook handling it to her.
"Let's go to the library and study!" Hyoyeon said and linked arms with Minyoung.

"Minyoung-ah, take a look at this!" Hyoyeon placed her iPad on top of Minyoung's notebook. A photo of Kris and a girl was shown. "Mr Wu's girlfriend!" Hyoyeon pointed
Minyoung chuckled "I don't really care that much" Hyoyeon sighed "But you have to agree with me that this girl isn't pretty at all!" Minyoung took another look at the picture and laughed "Yeah and I think Mr Wu has a on Japanese girls" Hyoyeon laughed a little bit too loud.

*
"Welcome back!" Kris greeted smiling at his students "Are you guys ready?" 
"Noo!"

"But I still need to give you your test" he teased back. Before Kris could distribute the papers a knock was heard and a teacher walked in going to Kris. She whispered something to him and Kris nodded. "I was just informed that the class will be separated, rows 1-3 follow Ms beautiful to the next room and row 4-6 stay here and move to the front." The students quickly moved out and followed the instructor while the rest of the class shifted closer to the room. Kris distributed the papers and smiled at them "Goodluck on your test"

Minyoung 
I quickly wrote my name on the paper and scanned the questions. Thank God I studied hard for this test. I answered some of the questions and decided to take a break. Once I looked in front I noticed Mr Wu was staring at me. “Get your together, Minyoung” I told myself and tried to focus on my paper again.

After some time, Mr Wu started walking by rows and stopped beside me "5 more minutes" then continued walking to the rest of the class.

"Okay, time's up pass your papers" he said. Once he collected all the papers he smiled "Good job on your test and advance happy Valentine's day!"

"Ya! Minyoung!"Hyoyeon squealed "it's almost Valentine's!" 
"What about it?" Minyoung asked 
"What what about it? Don't you have a date with Baekhyun?"
"I don't know" Minyoung sighed "We haven't been seeing each other for days now.." 
"Well, if you don't have any plans then let's go shopping!" Hyoyeon chuckled and linked arms

February 14
Minyoung's phone vibrated; she quickly took it out of her pocket and opened the message 
From: B
Minyoung-ah, meet me later after class. 
Minyoung was about to type a reply but she heard someone coughing beside her. "Your phone please." 
Minyoung bowed "Sorry" and gave him her phone. "Meet me after class" Kris said and continued lecturung

"What was that all about?" Hyoyeon went to Minyoung as soon as the lecture ended. "Got caught in texting"
"Who were you texting? Was it Baekhyun?" Hyoyeon giggled. Minyoung nodded "Yeah, he told me to meet him" 
"He's here!" Hyoyeon smiled and pointed outside "I'll get going first! Have a good time!" 
Baekhyun nodded as he approached Hyoyeon. He entered the class and walked to Minyoung. Kris was still inside fixing his things when he noticed someone enter. He looked up and saw that one of his students was talking to the guy. 
"Let's talk" Baekhyun said 
"What no flowers for me?" Minyoung joked but Baekhyun only looked at her "Follow me" Baekhyun said and walked out of the classroom; Minyoung following him

Baekhyun sighed pausing to look at her "I'm sorry Minyoung let's break up" 
"Why?" that was all Minyoung could say
"We drifted apart.." he sighed then went closer to Minyoung "answer me, have you ever once thought about me when we're not together?"

Before Minyoung could say a word "Because I haven't.." he sighed again "I think it's better for us to remain as friends" he hugged her and chuckled softly "I'm sorry for breakin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter