Chapter 02

A Fairytale that Ends in the Beginning
CHAPTER 02

 

Let me introduce the Evil Queen of the story. Evil queen is supposed to be a woman but, unfortunately, our antagonist of the story is no other than Kim Myungsoo’s Grandfather.

To tell you honestly, the old Mr. Kim is known to be the meanest and strict grandfather to Myungsoo. He was a hard-headed and close-minded man you’ve ever known. Kim Corporation is his life and he will do everything he can, even if it’s the worst thing he can do, just to maintain and save the company from falling. He only cares about his money. His heart was harder than the stone. He gets everything he wants.

He once controlled the life of his son, Myungsoo’s dad. He despised Myungsoo’s mom. He hated every bits of her. He doesn’t want his son to marry a poor girl like her. Myungsoo’s mom was just his dad’s secretary and that was how they grew closer and guess, fall in love with each other. When the old Mr. Kim had known their relationship, he did everything just to break the two up. He hated her to the core, saying hurtful words to her just to make her disappear. But their love was just too strong. Somehow they manage to overcome the hardship of their love story and that’s how Kim Sunggyu is born. The Old Mr. Kim give up unwillingly and let it pass but he still continued to hate Myungsoo’s mom. And the Old Mr. Kim promise he will not make another mistake again (When Myungsoo’s dad married his mom).

Kim Sunggyu. 27 years old. He is the older brother of Kim Myungsoo. He was an intelligent man, nice and a handsome one too. Though Sunggyu was 3 years older than Myungsoo, they still grew closer than ever. He was Myungsoo’s role model. Ever since their father become bed ridden, he was the one who replaced their father’s position. He automatically helps the company and now he is managing one of their branch in Japan.

As the old Mr. Kim had promise himself, he also controlled the life of his oldest grandson. He made an arranged marriage for him with the daughter of the Yoon Broadcasting Corporation, Yoon Bora.

Kim Sunggyu, as a nice man he was, he tends to follow his grandfather’s will. He married Yoon Bora. Though, those two were arranged, they manage to fall in love with each other few months after their marriage. Bora was a nice girl, so Sunggyu said ‘There were no reason to not fall for her.’ And now, they were happily married for 3 years already and had a 1 year old son named Kim Seojoon. They were currently resided in Japan, of course.

Sunggyu and Bora once returned to Seoul, when he heard that his brother was going to get married soon. Sunggyu was so proud of Myungsoo during that time and he became curious if it was also arrange by their grandfather. Myungsoo said it was not arranged and Sunggyu can’t help but be sincerely happy with his younger brother’s decision.

The reason why the old Mr. Kim didn’t interrupt with Myungsoo’s marriage was because he was currently at states, curing his illness. The old Mr. Kim was isolated as to where he wasn’t aware with the news. Also, Myungsoo’s and EunBi’s wedding is a private one, only close friends and families are invited. EunBi wasn’t also exposed to public, none of her picture, her background and identity was intend to release as discussed by Myungsoo and his family. The whole nation just know that Kim Myungsoo were already tied into a mysterious and unknown princess, period.

One year after Myungsoo’s marriage and now, the old Mr. Kim is now cured.

That was when the evil one steps in and ruined everything.


The old Mr. Kim is now sitting on his couch tightly gripping the old famous magazine he was reading. The unknown magazine who has a written article about his youngest grandson’s, Kim Myungsoo, private wedding. As said earlier, the identity of the bride is very confidential and were not stated at the article but the said article contains that Kim Myungsoo is now already tied to an unknown girl. He was glaring intently at the magazine. He didn’t expect Myungsoo to be married during the time he was ill and it just simply disrespects him.

He turned his face to the person across him, standing politely as he wait for his command. “Mr. Go, book me the earliest flight back to Seoul, now!” old Mr. Kim said with an angry tone.

“Yes, Mr. Kim.” Mr. Go, his personal assistant, bowed politely to him before heading out to get what the old Mr. Kim wants.

The old Mr. Kim quickly shift his gaze to the cover of the front magazine, which is a picture of Myungsoo smiling happily. “You dare to disobey me Kim Myungsoo, you..” He said talking to himself while gritting his teeth. “Let’s see then who is this girl..” and the silence filled the room.

Suddenly, a soft knock was heard. A beautiful girl come inside and greeted the old man.

“Annyeonghasaeyo, Mr. Kim.” The girl smiled but there is a cold aura around her.

“Annyeonghasaeyo, so you’re Son Minkyung? Daughter of the Son Mining Industries?” the old man slightly smile to the young girl in front of him and gesture the girl to take a sit.

“Ne, I am.”

“It has been a long time Minkyung, do you still remember Myungsoo?”

The girl smirked. “Yes, of course, how can I forget him though?”

The old Mr. Kim nodded and said “So you heard about his wedding?”

“Yes, I heard about his private wedding.” The said with a displeasing tone and slightly angry. “..it hurts though, since I was not his bride.”

The old man smirked followed by an evil grin. “Don’t worry Minkyung, you will be.. soon.”