Chapter 03

A Fairytale that Ends in the Beginning
CHAPTER 03

 

9:00 am | Seoul International Airport

 

Kim Songjae finally steps out in the arrival area of the airport. A middle-age man was walking behind him strolling their luggage. The old man’s arrival to Seoul was unknown to the citizen even to his own family.

While the two was in the car, “Mr. Go, did you already research about the girl’s identity?”

“Yes Mr. Kim. Her name was Choi EunBi. Daugther of Choi Jiwon and Lee Eunjung.” Mr. Go responded.

“I haven’t heard the name Choi Jiwon before, so that means their family status isn’t in the upper class?”

“Mr. Choi owns a small trading business I heard. I think we can consider then in middle class.”

“..hm, still not enough for my grandson.” The old man muttered to himself while rubbing his bearded chin. A smirked was plastered on his face.


 

In the Mansion

It was Sunday morning, meaning, Myungsoo doesn’t need to go in the office for work. Sunday is the only day where Myungsoo and EunBi can spend their time together for one whole day.

Both EunBi and Myungsoo were in the kitchen. EunBi is wearing a cute pink apron with hello kitty printed at the middle of it. Myungsoo thinks his wife is so cute and adorable wearing those cute apron. He was seating on the dining area, his elbows leans on top of the table and chins rested on his hands. He was adorably watching his wife’s back while cooking at the kitchen counter. Myungsoo always love seeing her princess’ back while cooking a special meal for him.

“Princess, aren’t you done yet? Your hubby here is so hungry.” Myungsoo said with a cute whiny tone while pouting.

“It’s almost done, oppa. Stop whining.”

EunBi already finished cooking. Myungsoo helps his wife to set up the table. “Ahjumma, can you please take this to omonim and abonim?” EunBi said to the head maid of the house while handling her the tray full of meal for their breakfast. “Ne, agasshi.” Ahjumma said smiling to her.

“Princess, sit beside me, oh?”

“hmm, let’s eat oppa!” Eunbi took a piece of food on her chopstick and gesture to Myungsoo to eat it. And the two ends up feeding each other. They were talking happily and spending time with each other when suddenly the door bell rung.


 

The two young couple were kind of shock in the appearance of the old Mr. Kim. This was the first time EunBi met the old man. Of course, she was kind of scared, Mrs. Kim once told her some things about the old Mr. Kim. Myungsoo and his mom were the most shocked when they saw him. They didn’t expect him to magically appear in their house in this peaceful day of the week.

The four of them were now sitting in the living room while the middle-age man, Mr. Go, was standing on the side of the old Mr. Kim. The sudden appearance of the old man send shivers to Myungsoo and his mom. They know. They know why he is back. He surely hears the news about Myungsoo’s wedding. The first phrase that comes out from the old man fright them. “How come I wasn’t informed on your wedding grandson?” Mr. Kim send with a cold and emotionless tone. Myungsoo knows that his grandfather was kind of angry about his decision of getting married. Mrs. Kim, on the other hand, had nothing to say. She was speechless and a little bit scared. She knows the old man still loathed her.

“uh..well.. uhh.. I..” Words just can’t come out of Myungsoo’s mouth. He was stuttering. He felt his wife’s warm hands on top of his signaling him to relax and calm down.

“Aren’t you going to answer me, Myungsoo?”

“uhm.. harabeoji, I..I’m s-sorry if I didn’t inform you. I-it’s just that your health is more important so.. It would be good if you don’t know anything and just focus on recovering.” Myungsoo said slightly stuttering.

The old man didn’t say anything. He just glare to Myungsoo and EunBi, letting them know that he still didn’t like this marriage. The old Mr. Kim stands up and directly go to his room upstairs without even uttering a single word to them.

The atmosphere in the mansion become so cold and odd. Mrs. Kim just silently give them a look. A worrying look but at the same time a look that’s telling them everything is going to be alright. She pats the shoulder of his son and sends a tiny smile to EunBi. Mrs. Kim worriedly go back to her room.

“Myung, your grandfather doesn’t like me.” EunBi said. Her head was lowered looking down to her thighs.

Myungsoo puts his hands on EunBi shoulder and slightly shifts her body so that she was facing him. He slowly wrapped his arms around her and hugs her tightly. Tears are threatening to fall on EunBi’s eyes. Her head was resting on Myungsoo’s chest while Myungsoo were caressing her hair.

He was scared. Myungsoo knows what his grandfather was capable of. He knows how much his mom suffered from this old man. He doesn’t want EunBi to suffer the same process or even worse. EunBi was now sobbing softly on his chest. They were only married for one year, Myungsoo didn’t know that this day would come quickly.

Myungsoo continued to comfort her in his arms until he heard a silent snore. “EunBi..” He called her and slowly look down on his wife’s sleeping face. He chuckled softly. Seeing his princess’ innocent sleeping face can remove all the worries in his heart. He curled her up, carrying her bridal style to their room.

“I promise to protect you princess.” Myungsoo said as he held her hands tightly with two hands and kiss it softly.

“He can’t break us apart, EunBi.” He muttered again while caressing her soft pinkish cheeks.

“I love you, Kim EunBi. I love you so much princess.” He slowly leans in and kiss her forehead. He slightly lowered down and sealed a soft sweet kiss on her lips before laying down next to her. Myungsoo wrap his arms around her waist and securely hugs her on her sleep.

And that’s how their Sunday went… they spend the whole day in each other’s arms.