Chapter I

My Difficult Career

Sitting on the chair inside the dressing room, Zitao had in his two hands his mobile phone, in which he was using to currently text his best friend – Kim Jongin. The messages consisted of how hard his life was, how inconsiderate his father was and the two new additions to his team. As soon as he had texted him their two names, he received a rather quick phone call, making Zitao wonder what was so urgent that Jongin couldn’t just text it all.

“What is it?” Zitao asked rather loudly, making his newly accounted manager glare at him a little, to which he simply stuck his tongue out, mentally noting that his manager was already way too fearless towards him. “Jongin?”

“Zitao, did you say that Sehun and Kris were your new managerial team?”

“…Well I don’t know who Kris is, but that Sehun guy – that I texted you – is my new PA. Did you seriously just call to see if I was lying or not?” He asked, feeling rather insulted. Flicking his hair back, he ignored the woman that was currently behind him who was trying to fix his hair who tried to stop him from moving, and waited for the other on the phone to reply.

“Kris would be Wu Yifan, Tao.” He sounded rather snippy. Well, Tao supposed that Jongin was a lot more like him than the other cared to admit.

“O…kay. What about them is so interesting that you phoned me?”

Waving away the hand that was curled in his hair – courtesy of the hair dresser – he leaned forward and focused on the phone in his hand.

“Well, they are pretty famous themselves you know. I’d say I’m surprised you haven’t heard about them but they had nothing to do with you so I’m not really.” Zitao rolled his eyes before staring at the duo through the mirror in front of him.

They were simply chatting, holding large books which seemed to contain Zitao’s schedule.

Normal manager stuff.

“Right. Famous for what exactly?” He asked, still ignoring the stylist. She can wait her turn. However, just before he was going to hear the answer from his friend, his phone was immediately taken away from him and he stared at his empty hand for a few seconds.

Did that just happen?

Looking up, he saw Yifan and Sehun staring at him with expressionless faces. In one of Yifan’s hands was his phone, his index finger on the red call button, effectively ending his conversation.

“Just what exactly do you think you’re doing?” The idol asked, standing up and staring at his new ‘manager’ who replied with a dark smirk. Taking the black and sleek phone, Yifan moved backwards and towards his own bag that lay on a chair. He shoved it in, zipping it and turning back to the idol who was obviously furious. “Give me my ing phone back.” Zitao wasn’t in any mood to play at all when it came to his personal possessions, and this guy who thought he could just take it was starting to really annoy him.

Sehun and Yifan looked at each other with a raised eyebrow, chuckling to themselves at how angry the other looked.

Silence continued, and Zitao was getting pissed.

“Can you not speak?” He asked, just staring at Yifan and ignoring his personal assistant. “Give me back my phone, now, and please, please give me the best reason you can muster up for taking it without my consent.”

“Fine, I’ll give you my reason.” The dark and solid voice that escaped his mouth was a little unexpected.

“Go on.” Zitao had to admit, he felt a little intimidated. But just a little.

“You, have a schedule in just over fifteen minutes. You will be on a talk show which will require you looking your absolute best, when in fact, at this moment, you do not.” Yifan explained, moving closer to the idol who looked completely offended. “Mia is trying to fix your hair. Let her fix your hair and then get changed. After you successfully do the talk show, I will give your phone back to you. Is that clear enough?”

The silence that followed was pretty intense. The idol’s face had gone red with anger for a lot of different reasons.

Firstly, they didn’t even tell him that he had a talk show. Secondly, he was pretty sure the other wasn’t allowed to take his private property. And thirdly, the way that his manager looked so smug in front of him made him want to gouge his eyes out.

Maybe not that harsh but somewhere on that line anyway. Zitao stared at him before he rolled his eyes and began walking forward. Eyes continued to follow him.

If they thought for one second he would comply with their idiotic requests, they were dumber than he thought they were. As soon as he reached Yifan’s leather bag, he instantly opened it and grabbed his phone, quickly enough that no one could stop him. With his phone tightly in his hand, he turned to Yifan and pointed a finger at him.

“Don’t try and tell me what to do. I will comply with schedules, but I’ll do it my way. you.” With a devilish smile, he moved past the new employees and sat on the chair. Staring at the stylist for the mirror, he glared at her until she began doing his hair.

Yifan scoffed at the young idol before he turned to his partner, Sehun, both of them staring in awe at each other.

Leaning in closer, Sehun whispered softly.

“He’s… different than what I was expecting?” Sehun said, a small smirk appearing on his lips.

“Well, I suppose that’s because he’s probably never heard of us.” Once Yifan said this, Sehun let out a small and fake gasp before laughing again. “Then again, I don’t think there’s anyone but himself that he has heard of.”

“I can hear you.”

Both of them froze at the interrupting voice, looking up at the idol who was currently glaring through the mirror. They simply smiled at him however.

Zitao was getting vigorously annoyed.

“And let’s all thank Huang Zitao for coming to our show today!”

The audience stood up and roared with cheer, girls screaming and hands flailing. Zitao stood up and bowed to everyone – the audience and the hosts. A charming smile was on his red lips, his eyes were dark and brooding and he thanked everyone at once. Turning to the camera, he gave one more charming expressions before moving off of the stage, letting out a relieved sigh as he was finished.

People swamped him, making sure he had enough water and that his hair was still good before he went outside to walk through the fans and paparazzi. Zitao drank the water that was given to him and he slipped on his fur jacket that was handed to him.

Just before he moved to the door, he saw Yifan and Sehun waiting there for him. Rolling his eyes, he knew that he couldn’t very well bicker with them in front of all these people.

If it was his hair stylist, then fine. But these people, these strange people, he couldn’t let out his true personality.

“Come on, be prepared there is a lot of fans out there. They maxed out the capacity.” Yifan said, handing Zitao a bag full of his belongings. Zitao nodded, taking it before allowing Yifan to open the door first.

Sehun was directly behind him, shades on and his organiser out. Although Zitao was hoping that he was there to protect him from behind.

Maybe not.

Putting on his most pleasant smile, he began waving to the fans and moving towards the barriers.

It was only natural that he tried to convene with his most dedicated fans. Even though at time he didn’t want. But he had to, to keep up his image, so he moved over and began accepting gifts from them, giving autographs and he even posed for two pictures.

The fans were screaming their lungs of, trying to get even a glimpse of him on their own mobile phones.

Just as Zitao was about to stop and give one more photograph, he felt someone place their hand on his wrist and pull him towards them. Frowning, he turned to see one of the females grabbing him, but very suddenly he saw Yifan at the side of him, instantly grabbing his wrist and pulling him away from her. He knew that he couldn’t touch the girl, but he was able to get Zitao away.

Pulling the boy close, he dragged him to the car that was waiting for them at the end of the road.

Zitao continued to smile however – something that both Sehun and Yifan were rather surprised about – waving at the other fans and continuing to let Yifan drag him away. Once they were all in the car, he let out a sigh and began rubbing his red and abused wrist.

“Ow…” He whined like a small child. Leaning back, he closed his eyes and tried to forget about the throbbing pain.

“Here.” Sehun was beside him, giving him a bottle of water and two white pills. “It’ll help with the stinging pain.”

Staring at his personal assistant, Zitao shrugged and guessed that the other wouldn’t try to kill him just yet – he hadn’t done that much to him… yet. Throwing the pills into his mouth, he swallowed them and let out a deep breath. When he put the water on his lap, he realised that he was currently squished between his two new favourite most hated people.

Looking to the side, he noticed that Yifan was currently murmuring to someone on his phone – it wasn’t interesting enough for him to listen.

On the other side, Sehun was staring at him. Rather intensely.

“What?” Zitao asked, staring right back.

“What?” Sehun replied, eyeing him up a bit more. “Is something wrong?”

“…You’re staring at me like a deranged fangirl.” The idol explained, staring at the other whilst waiting for Sehun to stop. But you know, god wasn’t that kind. “Seriously, stop.” He was getting really annoyed now.

Sehun continued to stare at the idol before chuckling to himself.

Finally he looked down at his organiser. Just as Zitao thought the other was going to be done with him, he heard Sehun start talking once again.

“You’re done scheduling for today.” He said, and just as the idol was ready to cheer, he was interrupted once again by Sehun continuing. “However, we are to go back to your apartment and discuss the new rules you’ll have, the new schedule you’ll be on for your practices, and the free time you’re going to get.”

After he finished, Zitao’s eyes were nearly bulging out of his skull at just the thought of having them at his apartment, and the fact that they were changing everything.

“You’re ing with me, right?” He asked, seriously.

“Nope. We’re on our way to your home right now, don’t worry.”


A/N: Hope you're enjoying it! Just wanted to give you a chapter as soon as. Another shall be released... probably tomorrow as I have a busy day, today :) <3