Chapter II

My Difficult Career

When they got to the rather impressive complex, Zitao was still currently stuck in between his two new employees, tapping his fingers whilst he waited for one of them to move. Letting out an annoyed sigh – hoping that one of them will get the hint – the two beside him just stared at him with a weird and creepy smile. They had a nice talent of making him feel awkward for the first time in his life.

“What is it?” He asked, sharing glances at both of them. What if his father had appointed him crazy guys that wanted to kidnap him for a hell of a lot of ransom (of course, he would be worth a hell of a lot), and there was nothing anyone could do about it?

“Nothing, let’s go.” Sehun said first, moving out of the car rather quickly as he looked at Yifan who done the exact same thing. “Come on Tao.”

“Hey!” Zitao quickly moved out of the car and stood angrily in front of Sehun. “Don’t call me ‘Tao’ like you’re my friend.”

“Whatever, come on.” Sehun said, moving towards the apartment first.

The idol glared as he followed behind them. Once they finally reached the door to his apartment complex, he pushed past them both without a word and unlocked it, moving in, taking off his shoes and immediately rushing towards the kitchen. He needed coffee.

Coffee was the only thing that was going to calm him down at this point. Putting the kettle on, he waited for it to boil.

The other two moved in and he sighed.

“So, let’s get down to the unfair business that you’re about to lay on me already.” The boy said, leaning against the counter and placing his elbows on it. Watching the other two, they sat down at the table and took out all sorts of folders and files. “Oh god.” He whispered, it looked like they had actually planned this.

His life was about to be over, he just knew it. Sighing, he finished himself a cup of coffee and sat opposite them, tapping the table as he waited for them to speak.

Yifan began first.

“You’ll start scheduling again tomorrow morning at five am, that’s when you will practice for three hours – both dance and voice – and then you have a radio show at nine. You’ll have an hour before that to get ready. Afterwards, you’ll have two hours of free time and then you will be performing on a variety show – only performing, you don’t need to talk. Afterwards, you’ll be back in the practice room for a couple of hours then you can go have dinner. After that, you will be attending an award ceremony, after which you’ll go around meeting and greeting people. That should last until ten pm which you’ll be allowed to come back here and sleep.” Yifan finished talking and handed the other a piece of paper which had his itinerary on it just in case he needed to go over it before he went to bed that night.

Zitao stared at the tall blonde man and just gaped. There was so much to do tomorrow – even though he did a lot of work anyway – and there was hardly any free time! Tomorrow he was supposed to hang out with Jongin!

Taking a deep breath, he stared at Yifan.

“Did you even take any breaths during that speech?” He asked, making Yifan chuckle at the younger boy. “Anyway… I can’t practice after the variety show. I’m hanging out with Jongin.”

Yifan rolled his eyes and leaned forward.

“Who’s Jongin?” he asked, titling his head. Of all the things he thought Yifan would say that wasn’t them.

“Kim Jongin?” Zitao repeated, staring at them both who stared blankly back. “You know, Kai?”

“Oh right.” The blonde said, remembering exactly who Jongin was – of course everyone knew him as Kai considering that was his stage name as a singer and dancer, he was nearly as big as Zitao and everyone knew them as best friends. Or at least, that was something everyone was supposed to know. Zitao was a little hurt they didn’t. “Well, he can wait. Go out to dinner together. No changes to the schedule.”

Sehun didn’t wait until Zitao had let all the details sunk in, and began taking out his organiser and speaking instantly.

“I’ll be in charge of making sure you get everywhere in time. You will come to me with any problems.” The boy explained, nodding his head as he spoke. “I will also keep track of your contacts and any party that will boost your career.”

“I will deal with the company, don’t worry about that.” Kris intervened.

“Yes, so that’s everything. Do you have any questions?”

The idol looked between them, trying to take in all the information that he had just been given, his old manager and his old personal assistant never went through all of this.

Maybe they did their job wrong.

Before he wanted to say anything at all however, he wanted to ask one little question. It was something that has been stuck on his mind ever since that phone call with Jongin. Something that he said that he hadn’t gotten a chance to ask them yet.

“Okay…” he said, pouting his lips a little. “Can I ask you guys something first?”

Two firm nods were given as a reply.

“Alright, I was talking to Jongin on the phone earlier – when you rudely, grabbed it off of me,” He turned to Yifan who just shrugged his shoulders at the accusation, “and when I said your names, he said that you were famous as well.”

The two men in front of him shuffled nervously a little, making Zitao even more interested as to what they were famous for.

“So… what are you guys famous for?” Zitao asked, leaning forward and smirking because he was glad he was making them nervous. The tables have turned. “Come on, I should know right? I mean, Jongin will tell me anyway.”

With a loud sigh, the older one of the two sat up straight and clasped his hands together. With a nod from Sehun, Yifan finally explained.

“Well… apparently we have a reputation as a manager and personal assistant.” He began, sighing a little as if he didn’t agree with it. “Many times, the person that we are looking out for – in this instance that would be you – has told their CEO that we’re… too difficult to deal with and basically, we’re asked to leave.”

“So basically you’ve been fired a lot of times?” Zitao asked, his chin on his hand as he stared at them both with a grin.

“…No. The CEO’s wanted to keep us, but the people insisted and we ended up having to look for new jobs. However, every single one that has done that to us have eventually had their careers ruined. It’s well known that we’re strict, harsh and rather… stringent, but we’re the best thing that could’ve happen to you.” Yifan stared straight into the other’s eyes, as if reassuring his statement. With each word that came out of the blonde’s mouth, Sehun continued to nod his head.

Biting his lip, Zitao had to think carefully about this. Obviously what they were saying had to be true, otherwise they wouldn’t be famous. Otherwise Jongin wouldn’t know about them.

Which makes him wonder just how strict they are. Especially if they’ve been fired an amazing amount of times.

And the whole ‘careers ruined’ thing really hit him hard.

Did that mean he was stuck with these guys? Staring at them both, he groaned and let his head fall straight to the table. The sound was rather harsh itself. Both of them looked at him with confused eyes as within another two minutes he had failed to bring his head back up or even say a word. From someone they’ve only known for an hour this seemed awfully weird.

“Zitao?” Sehun voiced, staring at him. When he got no response, he tried again. “Zitao? Hello, Zitao?” Repeating himself, he sighed when he got no answer.

Yifan stared at his companion before thinking of something that will almost certainly get a response.

“Tao, get your up.”

Almost instantly, Zitao sat up and glared at the blonde across the table. It was something that always narked him – when someone called him by ‘Tao’ instead of his full name when they weren’t his close friend. It was only manners. Can’t they understand that?

“Alright, question time.” The personal assistant said, clapping his hands as he actually gave a sincere smile. “Do you have any questions?” He asked the idol in front of him.

Tapping his head, Zitao nodded his head.

“Do you know my number one rule?” he asked, a twinkle in his eye as he finally got some freedom of speech time. Of course, he received two shaking heads, in which he replied quickly. “Well, since we are all going to be working very closely together, I feel that there is a large possibility than one of you may fall in love with me.”

Sehun and Yifan looked at each other before they began laughing out loud. Rather… rudely. Zitao tilted his head a little in confusion before he rolled his eyes.

Of course they were making fun of him.

“You know, you are laughing now but I’m a realist. Seriously.” He explained, before leaning back on his chair and crossing his legs. “A manager I had a year ago fell in love with me. It didn’t work – obviously.”

“Don’t worry about that, seriously.” Yifan said, standing up from his chair and taking up all the folders he had placed on the table. Looking at Zitao again, he chuckled. “Seriously.”

“ you.” Zitao said, glaring at the other. “Now get out of my apartment.”

As they were ‘kindly’ escorted to the front door, Sehun turned around to the popular idol and stared him right in the eyes as he spoke.

“I will be here at four am. Make sure you open the door.”

“Whatever.”

Slamming the door in their faces, he groaned as he locked it and turned around, leaning against the front door as he thought how badly his life was going to be from now on. Just as he thought about rushing towards his bedroom, falling asleep for the rest of his good life, and not opening the door when Sehun came back that next morning, he remembered that he always felt better after a ranting phone call to his best friend.

So when he finally took his phone out of his bag, he quickly pressed number one on speed dial and held it to his ear. It was only around seven o’clock now so Jongin would be up. He always was at this time anyway.

Tapping his leg quickly and impatiently, he groaned when the ringing kept echoing in his ear. Jongin better pick up.

Finally, it happened.

“Hello?”

“What took you so damn long?! I’ve got a problem here!”

Zitao shouted loudly as he heard the other sigh a little through the phone. Yes he was a pain in the most of the time, but he knew that Jongin could handle him. That was the reason he was one of his only really close friends.

“Tao, what is it?”

“It’s about Yifan and Sehun.”

“Oh yeah! What happened with your phone earlier by the way?”

“Yifan grabbed my phone away. But don’t worry, I fully told him off and why he shouldn’t touch my stuff without permission.”

“Tao, you haven’t heard about them, have you?”

“Actually, I got them to tell me why they’re famous. Or should I say, infamous? Is that right? Yeah it’s right. Course its right. I’m always right—.”

“Tao! Stop blabbering.”

“Right, fine, whatever.”

“Anyway, that’s why you’ve got a bit of problem. Especially since you’ve got a personality problem.”

“I do not!”

“…”

“Just continue.”

“Fine. Look, they’re pretty serious. Don’t screw this up or else you could be the one that’s taken down instead of them. They’re rather harsh – but good. I mean, they are amazing at what they do. They just don’t take any crap from their employees. Especially considering that Sehun’s own father is the president of most of the major TV companies in South Korea.”

“Wait a minute. Did you just call me their ‘employee’?”

“Essentially, that’s what you are now.”

“ that.”

“Look, my own CEO has been trying to get them to cover me. You’re lucky. Or maybe I’m lucky.”

“Whatever, I can deal with them, don’t worry.”

“Just… don’t push them Tao. Did you catch what I said about Sehun’s dad?”

“Yeah, yeah. Got it. Don’t piss them off or my career goes dead. Whatever.”

“…You are so going down…”

“I absolutely love the faith you have in me!”

“See you tomorrow?”

“Whatever.”

Zitao hung up the phone and threw it carefully on his couch. So that would be another reason why everyone idol that cannot deal with Yifan and Sehun get thrown to the curb. It would seem that Sehun has some pretty close ties. No wonder. Well, Zitao can take them, at least, he was sure he can.

There wasn’t an opponent that has stopped him yet.

Now just to make sure he was up at four am tomorrow.


A/N: Another little thing for you! Probably one coming tomorrow too ;)