Jiyong

Apple of My Eye (HIATUS)

 

I asked for a break from work today, and luckily, they allowed me to. I said I was so stressed and tired, I needed a rest. But really, I just wanted to watch his performance. It is, after all, his first comeback stage, so I had to be there. He's been working really hard for this, and I wanted to be there and support him. He's been doing great. He really impressed me. Compared to his first album, this one's definitely better—more mature and appealing. For that, I am very proud of him. He's grown a lot and got so much better—he's like a different person. I feel so proud and sad at the same time. Kinda like the feeling of a parent—proud that his son has become a successful adult but sad that he's slowly getting too far within his reach.  I've been the one guiding him, teaching him, even scolding him through-ought all these years, that I felt empty once I saw that he no longer needed me. 

I sighed.

I wanna see him now.

"Is it time for his performance already?" I glanced at my watch.

It's almost time.

"Are we there yet?" I leaned in closer to the driver's seat.

The driver looked at me through the rear-view mirror. "Almost, Mr. Kwon Jiyong." 

 


 

What's up with him?

I folded my arms and squinted my eyes. I stood and observed his performance from the side of the front row.

His movements are too stiff. He looks like he's holding back. Why? Is he too anxious? He shouldn't be like that. He's a professional—he shouldn't be pressured. Although he's not doing really bad, as his leader, I shouldn't be contented with this so-so performance. He still lacks in many aspects.

..But, how should I break it down to him?

 


 

I walked towards the door and took a deep breath.

"He'll understand."

I reached out for the doorknob and pulled open the door.

"Seungri."

"Ah. Jiyong hyung!" He stood up.

I nodded and walked towards him.

It looks like he already knows what I'm about to say, huh? I'm sorry, Seungri.. This is for your own good.

"I'll be honest with you." I scratched the side of my neck.

"It's okay, hyung. You know your feedbacks are important to me."

I nodded. "Your first stage, the dances are too weird. I wish they would be a bit heavier. On a stage, you need to have something memorable. Your 'GG Be' clothes seem like what you would ordinarily wear. Let's to try to dress a little bit more, okay? Don't try to look like a man. It doesn't look cool. As I tell you always, you look too old when you do that. Listen carefully to the things that people around you say, because all of those are for your own sake."

I came in too strong, again. Is he okay? He looks like he's about to cry. . I'm really sorry. I really didn't want to be harsh on my words. I really didn't want to make you sad. I know that you've worked hard, but it wasn't enough. I know that you look up to me, that's why I'm saying all of these. This way, you'll strive harder. Please, forgive me. 

"You okay?"

"Uh, of course! You're right! I was kinda nervous to begin with. After all, this is my first comeback stage. I did also think my dance was kinda weird. Haha! Anyway, thank you for telling me. And thank you for coming here even though you're so busy. I appreciate it, hyung!"

Thank you for understanding, my sweet Seungri.  

I smiled. "No problem. I just want you to do better, alright? Don't take it too personally. It's my job to make sure you do great. I'm here to always support you." I tousled his hair.

"Of course." He smiled.

..Your smile..

Thank you. Thank you for your sweet, sweet smile.

It took away this heavy feeling in my chest.