Seungri

Apple of My Eye (HIATUS)

 

I smiled upon seeing my reflection on the mirror.

Today is the day—the day of my first comeback stage. I've been waiting for this. It will be perfect. I can feel it! I practiced so hard for this performance so that they'll be shocked—in a good way, of course. They'll see how mature and professional I've become. I'm no longer the trying-too-hard kid they used to know. I've grown a lot—emotionally and mentally. I bet their jaws will hit the ground once they see me dancing in this gorgeous suit. Yeah, that's right. Drool over me! I am a y beast! 

"Mr. Lee Seunghyun, get ready. It'll be your stage now in a few minutes." said the lady with a 'staff' I.D. on her.

I smiled. "Of course."

"Oh, right. Mr. Kwon Jiyong wanted to wish you good luck."

I leaned in closer. "Hm? What do you mean? He's here?"

"Yes, he's here. He's gonna watch your performance."

He's here? He came here all the way to watch my performance? But, he's too busy preparing for his new album? Aish. That guy. He always makes time for me. But, now that I think about it.. I think I'm kinda nervous that he's here to watch me?

.

 


 

"I did great!" I sat on the leather sofa.

I drove the audience wild! They were so astonished at my performance. I think I did great! I mean, sure, I got a bit nervous at first, which I didn't expect, but I think I did great. 

..Right? I did great, right?

CLICK!

The sound of the dressing room's door closing caught my attention.

"Seungri." a thin, familiar voice uttered.

"Ah. Jiyong hyung!" I stood up.

He nodded, without any expression on his face, and walked towards me.

Huh? What's with him? Why does he look like that? ..Why does his face look so.. disapponted? ..Is it because of me? He's disappointed of me? But.. I thought I did great?

"I'll be honest with you." He scratched the side of his neck.

I gulped. "It's okay, hyung. You know your feedbacks are important to me."

He nodded. "Your first stage, the dances are too weird. I wish they would be a bit heavier. On a stage, you need to have something memorable. Your 'GG Be' clothes seem like what you would ordinarily wear. Let's to try to dress a little bit more, okay? Don't try to look like a man. It doesn't look cool. As I tell you always, you look too old when you do that. Listen carefully to the things that people around you say, because all of those are for your own sake."

I stared at him, unable to utter a word. I stood still—my knees were frozen. I felt a lump build up in my throat. 

. Why the hell am I like this? Am I.. Am I gonna cry? What the ? Why am I so sensitive? He's always like this. He just wants me to do well. He just wants the best for me! He's just being a good leader towards me. Man up!

But.. Must he really put it that way? It kinda hurts..

"You okay?" He raised an eyebrow. 

"Uh, of course! You're right! I was kinda nervous to begin with. After all, this is my first comeback stage. I did also think my dance was kinda weird. Haha! Anyway, thank you for telling me. And thank you for coming here even though you're so busy. I appreciate it, hyung!"

He smiled. "No problem. I just want you to do better, alright? Don't take it too personally. It's my job to make sure you do great. I'm here to always support you." He tousled my hair.

"Of course." I smiled.

 

 



What GD said to Seungrihis feedback, I've read it on a blog that contains Seungri's interview about his new album, Let's Talk About Love, so it was pretty much real.

Next chapter will be the POV of GD on this exact, same scenario. 

Thank you for reading!