Chapter 6

Sweet Boy

“Come on Sehun!” Jongin whined, bouncing excitedly on the bed. “It’s a themed night. You love themed parties!”

“No.” Sehun sighed, smushing his face into his hands. “You love themed parties. I love going to bed at a reasonable hour.”

He didn’t know why he was arguing really. He had never been able to say no to Jongin and he knew today was not the day he would start.

“Please Sehun.”

Oh god. Now he was pouting.

“It’s black and white themed so you won’t even have to try that hard.”

Nope nope nope.

“Sehuuunn.”

…..

Dammit.

 

 

XXXX

 

 

“See? I told you you’d enjoy yourself.”

Sehun sighed for what felt like the 100th time that night. “You’re incorrigible Jonginnie.”

Jongin blinked at the word in confusion, before shrugging and dragging Sehun towards the bar. “Thank you!”

Sehun glanced around at the large open area on the second floor of the ship that had been set up for the party. It was only 9pm but it was already really full, some people hovering around the bar, some on tables around the edge of the space but most dancing in the middle of the floor.

Sehun had to hold back yet another sigh when his eyes landed on a table across the room where his and Jongin’s mothers and a few other women were sat, all clutching elaborate looking cocktails and cackling to each other.

Sehun turned back to Jongin to find him studying the drinks behind the bar with a seriousness that would have been adorable if he didn’t look so good. Part of Sehun’s reluctance to attend the event was because when Jongin dressed up he really dressed up, and Sehun often had to exercise a level of control he didn’t know he was capable of.

In keeping with the theme he had on a white shirt and black jeans, but the shirt was almost translucent in the lighting and the jeans were sinfully tight with large rips all up the thighs that were just unfair. Sehun had started doing breathing exercises in his head to stop his heart from skipping actual beats.

Reluctantly he patted Jongin on the shoulder to get his attention. “Jongin, I’m gonna go check on our mothers. I’ll be right back, okay?”

Jongin looked over Sehun’s shoulder at the table before giggling at the sight and nodding. “Okay. But be right back, okay?”

Sehun smiled and squeezed his shoulder again – his hand did not linger thank you very much – and made his way over to the raucous table.

As he approached the table his mother noticed him and slapped at Jongin’s mum sloppily, a large grin creeping over her face. Sehun narrowed his eyes suspiciously when they started whispering to each other, only stopping when he came to a halt in front of their table with his hands on his hips.

“What are you plotting.” Sehun asked bluntly with a raised brow.

His mother ignored his question instead waving an arm to the other women at the table. “Everybody, this is Sehun.”

Three heads shot towards him in freaky synchronicity. “Ooh…” one of them snickered, tilting slightly off the chair before righting herself. “So this is the one who-”

“Yep.” Jongin’s mother interrupted. Then she levelled Sehun with a menacing stare. “You.” She raised her chin in a way that was probably intended to be intimidating but just looked kind of funny. “I hope you are taking care of my son.”

At that, the whole table burst into squawking laughter, all of them hanging onto each other like the world was tilting off its axis.

“What? I mean of course I’m looking after him. Why are you all laughing?”

Apparently he said something hilarious because his words inspired another wave of laughter. His mother leant across the table and patted his arm affectionately. “Never you mind, my sweet summer child. Never you mind.”

Sehun shook his head. “I came over to see if you were alright, but it appears you are quite fine so if you don’t mind I’ll be heading back to Jongin now.”

“Oh yes.” Jongin’s mother’s eye twitched slightly as she gazed back at the bar where he had left Jongin. “You might want to hurry.”

Sehun frowned and spun around, his eyes finding Jongin’s form and immediately tensing when he spotted a tall figure leant over the bar, ridiculously close to his face.

He stormed towards them, pointedly ignoring the witchly cackling behind him.

As he approached the bar he could hear the taller man’s deep voice, “Are you sure you don’t want a drink? Anything at all, free of charge.”

Jongin shifted in his seat nervously. “Ah – no, thank you, I’m waiting for my – Sehunnie!”

Sehun immediately slid up right beside him and wrapped an arm tightly around his waist. “Everything okay?”

Jongin nodded and Sehun tried not to look too smug at the way Jongin curled into his side.

The bartender straightened and cleared his throat when Sehun shot him a frown. “Hey, look man. I was just offering to buy him a drink. No harm done.”

“How about I buy you a drink, hm?” Sehun raised an eyebrow.

The man looked bewildered slightly before shaking his head. “Ah, what? No, I’m fine-”

“Are you sure? You look a little thirsty to me.”

Before he could respond another figure behind the bar called out, “Kris! There are customers waiting!”

The man – Kris – looked incredibly relieved and immediately hurried over to serve the waiting patrons.

Sehun glanced down at Jongin. The boy still looked a little freaked and Sehun rubbed his hand over the small of his back where it was rested to soothe him. “You okay?”

Jongin dropped his head to the other boy’s shoulder and nodded into it. “I’m fine. I’m sorry I’m so bad at talking to people.”

Sehun pulled him in tighter. “Hey, no, you have nothing to apologise for, okay?” He waited until he felt another nod before he continued. “Do you want to stay or do you want to go do something else?”

Jongin lifted his head and Sehun was relieved to see a little smile on his face. “Do you think the gaming room will be empty? I bet I could beat you at air hockey this time.”

Sehun laughed and pulled him towards the door. “In your dreams. But you can always try.”

The pair slipped out of the party, unaware of the table of middle aged women clutching each other with huge grins on their faces, and moody figure behind the bar glaring at the door.

 

 

AN

Oh my god fam I am so sorry how freaking tragic am I

I tried to make this a bit longer than usual to apologise for lateness/drunkness.

As Sehun and Jongin demonstrated in this chapter STAY AWAY FROM  THE DRINK AND STICK TO AIR HOCKEY AND COMPUTER GAMES (she says while getting ready to go out again)

thank you for stickin with me oh my days